Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ KB I absolutely love her! One of my top 3 favorite actress ever. I love her as a person and actress... and I love Eleanor in season 4 ore than I enjoyed Veronica Mars in season 4 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
The Good Place is miles better than any of those shows
YESSS! Thanks Sam for being defensive here.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

We need our 60 person dance crew.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Haha. Jason was hilarious in that episode. Everyone knew their purpose was to attend Chidi classes to become a better person and of course Jason is the most complicated one. He sees the dance sign. lol
Old 10-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He really was
Old 10-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ He's surely predictable. lol
Old 10-20-2019, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

That's why I like when Jason is able to figure things out once in awhile and the others are always shocked. Then he'll go and say something dumb and they'll be back to patting on the back and giving him something shiny to play with.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 10-22-2019 at 04:20 AM
Old 10-22-2019, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same
Old 10-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The Good Place is miles better than any of those shows
Really? Well I wouldn't know, I've never watched it. I did see the pilot and it seemed like one of those shows where you'd have to watch every single episode to know what the hell is going on.

Hi, Tia! Hi, Melissa! Hi, Sam! Well, I'm on my vacation.

Oh, and Tia? Mary asked me to ask you to check your Tumblr messages. I think she may have left you some.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-23-2019 at 05:31 PM
Old 10-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, you have to watch the entire season of the Good Place to understand it. That's why I love it. It's a show that while funny also makes you think. You also have to pay attention to the background because there is usually some stuff going on. I'm glad it made it 4 seasons because most shows like it don't last.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Really? Well I wouldn't know, I've never watched it. I did see the pilot and it seemed like one of those shows where you'd have to watch every single episode to know what the hell is going on.

Hi, Tia! Hi, Melissa! Hi, Sam! Well, I'm on my vacation.
Not even close Alex
Old 10-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Good Place only went 4 seasons before it got cancelled? Too bad. If they'd gone 5 seasons they'd hit the 100 episode mark, which would mean they could be syndicated in perpetuity.

Quote:
Not even close Alex
Not even close to what, Sam?
Old 10-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

It's 88 episodes (4 seasons) for syndication now. Even so The Good Place would not have made it since they did 13 episode seasons. Which I think helped the quality of the show. Having 22+ episodes is too many and they always fill the season with episodes that add nothing to the story.

I also just read that the 100 is working on a prequel series. The CW hasn't had much luck with their new shows that's probably why they are sticking with their DC or comic related shows since they are their highest rated shows.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
For those shows being close to the quality of the Good Place
Old 10-25-2019, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
For those shows being close to the quality of the Good Place
Oh, okay. Again, I wouldn't know.

I'm not surprised about CW, Katie. I think that whole network is going off the rails. And who knows how long their DC shows are gonna last after Arrow is gone? Supergirl and Batwoman's ratings aren't great.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I really think that CW has stopped caring about Nielsen ratings. Because unlike a lot of networks, they know that the way people watch television now is very different then how it was 20 years ago. CW also takes Netflix ratings in consideration which is why shows like Dynasty has stayed on air even with the low outdated Nielsen system.

So I am fighting for VIEWERSHIP EQUALITY! lol

I loved when the showrunner from Community put the Nielsen ratings system on blast stating, "Show many be cancelled and moved to the Internet where it turns out tens of millions were watching the whole time. May not matter.”

I loved Yvette Nicole Brown for breaking it down in 2011!

If that was 2011, than 8 years later it's even more outdated.

Same nonsense happened with Timeless on NBC. I didn't even catch up since I knew it was cancelled but viewers were upset that their rating wasn't be counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
That's why I like when Jason is able to figure things out once in awhile and the others are always shocked. Then he'll go and say something dumb and they'll be back to patting on the back and giving him something shiny to play with.
It's always fun when he puts together pieces as well. lol

Quote:
The Good Place only went 4 seasons before it got cancelled? Too bad. If they'd gone 5 seasons they'd hit the 100 episode mark, which would mean they could be syndicated in perpetuity.

Nah, it wasn't cancelled. Michael Schur decided to end it because it's not left story left to tell and again if you watched the show you'd understand why it's one of the shows that really can't ast 10 seasons. After I watched season 2, I loved the series but even I wondered how long this should could last.

It's really a show you need to watch the entire first season of and than you will get the obsession with it. lol