Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I want her to be reborn as well. I was reorganizing my comics because I can't bear to keep some in a giftbag and others in a shoebox and it made me so sad. the JLA seemed so damn happy, with their wonderful canon goodness. God...Batman was smiling.

Here's what I want: Kendra dies and Ray leaves heartbroken over losing yet another woman he loves. Everyone knows she'll come back and so will Carter,but he's too blind with grief. He'll go back to being a Chinese housewife and the Hawks will come back. It makes no sense to do the show without them. They know Savage a lot better than Rip does. God,their son did his thesis on Savage,for god's sake!

I think Rip learned his lesson. Nothing says "Oops,my bad" like being shot and chased by the guy you called excess baggage. First the pirates,then this-If this isn't a sign,I don't know what is. I think as long as they don't shove Rip/Sara down our throats,I'll be okay. The idea of those two is just gross. He uses her and he's still grieving for his wife. To me,he should be like Doctor Who. He never gets involved unless it's a fellow Time Master.

I think that when they were little kids,the people who played the characters didn't sign their toys,so they decided to plot their revenge. Screw you, Lori Laughlin! I'm making sure that no matter how much Katie Cassidy cries about having a decent role,I'll twirl my mustache and laugh like a cartoon villain!
Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

UGH...

Seriously give us all these Hawk flashbacks and Kendra saying that she feels like she's cheating on Carter with Ray AND then you throw in this he was my past, you are my future Totally rolled my eyes
Old 04-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay I am confused with the Carter/Kendra/Ray love triangle? isn't Carter technically dead until Kendra dies?
If Kendra dies then Ray might most likely be dead, older, or have a completely different life if she recreates...

So, I was confused by Carter being discussed in the present tense like he was going to return tomorrow or something.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't get the feeling of them discussing Carter like he was returning - its more that ever lifetime she's lived in she falls in love with Carter or the version of him that is there with her, that was Ray's POV that destiny has it that she'll always fall in love with Carter. So Carter may be dead, but think her memories/emotions will make her fall in love with Carter no matter what

Plus is it for sure that another version of Carter will not happen until she dies, that they come back together which guess makes sense but doesn't stop her from finding another version in another time period
Old 04-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually loved the way you formed it up. She'll always be in love with Carter so I guess that memories of Carter can block her from fully ever loving another person as she loved Carter. It's just way too much history.
However, Ray knew what he was getting into so it's pretty difficult for me to feel sad for him.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is hard to feel sorry for Ray because he knew what he was getting into
Old 04-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Or probably because of how badly Kendra was written, Ray assumed the love wasn't that big?
Old 04-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea Kendra has been written horribly
Old 04-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She sure is. Actually one of my issues with Season 1 of LOT.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My main issue is with Kendra not a fan of hers at all
Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah.
Also I think I am a bit thrown off by how this whole time jumping thing works because if nothing is going to change, what is even the point of the mission?

If Kendra is the only one who can defeat Savage, why don't we see her actually training? I mean at least let it look believable for her to inevitable defeat Savage....
Old 04-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I also wish for more of that too that we saw Kendra training again with Sara - allow for some Girl!Power
Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We only saw that in one episode and I guess it's happening off screen but if we are suppose to believe as viewers that Kendra can defeat Savage than we need to see a lot more from her character....

Old 04-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

It's sad,but I don't want girl power. I just dislike Kendra so damn much. Sure,she has a few episodes where she shined and she was BAMF,but between the writing for her and her romance with Ray,it affects her. As much as they're ruining Ray's character,he still has his own storylines. He was on team Arrow,there's Palmer Tech,his family had that legacy,there's the ATOM suit,he was Stein's student and he can help with so many things.

Kendra...just tries to avoid Savage and swoops in when things get bad.

So I edited my post
:

Quote:
What hurts my head is that this was their logic,but they wasted it by making her half of a couple,anyway.

You know what's funny? Kufu isn't just some lame comic character MG can dismiss.

The man commissioned the Pyramids of Giza! How is Ray better?
I found a better way to explain the differences between the guys without bringing up other fandoms:

The 12 Common Archetypes

When the writers are planning stuff,especially with ships,they look at this. Granted,they have to go by audience reaction a lot,but this plays a huge factor into things.

I don't like Ray/Kendra because their types are boring together.

She's supposed to be 4 and a 7,but they're writing her as if she were a 1,which is why we're all ranting here. Carter is a combination of 3 and 12,which is why he and Kendra are good together.

I loved Ray in the beginning because being a 3 and an 8 made him an amazing guy on his own and his decisions made sense in the context of Team Arrow.

On this show,he's acting like a naive little 12 year old and it makes no sense. I mean,even when Stein went down memory lane,he saved everyone and kicked serious ass.

I don't know if you all play video games,but she's the equivalent of the white mage in every rpg. You have to have at least one priest to bring people back, heal them and kill the bad guys. Right now,instead of doing her job and being the only one aside from Rip who can kill him, she's busy pretending that it's possible to avoid her destiny. That's what this really boils down to in the end. If she forces herself to feel things for Carter,she'll have to truly be Hawkgirl, train with Sara and fight Savage. She'll have to be willing to die so she and Carter can be born again.

MG isn't intelligent enough to use this,but most writers do.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll have to read that link in order to understand what you've just said but will have to try to make the team this weekend

MG just doesn't follow comic canon I read something after Laurel's death where he just went off it being the biggest "shock" to kill her - like he doesn't care that Black Canary is a major comic character.

So I just seem to think he doesn't care which might be why the Ray/Kendra - though the basis of going against fate/destiny, I get but REALLY why so frakkin soon considering it was 1x06 or 1x07 when Carter had just been killed in 1x02 then she was out of it for 1x03 and then demi godness in 1x04. That's my problem - too damn rushed and its just I "dislike" Kendra's character so much - got like no character development or anything. I wouldn't mind the girl!power cause it would at least be on screen development of the character, seeing her train with Sara