Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2023, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Now that I've had a chance to watch the entire series, Tia, I know what I'd have done with Chloe had I been in charge of Smallville.

Pretty much, which is why I still disagree with them bringing "Henry James Olsen" into the show in the first place. It was a lost cause from the beginning.

Well thank goodness you weren't in charge or I would have quit for a few seasons.

They never brought in Henry, that how Henry James is a retcon.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Well thank goodness you weren't in charge or I would have quit for a few seasons.

They never brought in Henry, that how Henry James is a retcon.
Of course you would.

Yeah, but Tia, Jimmy in season 6 specified his name was Henry James Olsen, not James Bartholomew Olsen, because even Smallville fans knew that Jimmy was too old to be the Jimmy Olsen from the Superman comics and the DC universe. There was simply no way that his character was gonna work out on Smallville given that there was little reason for him to even be there other than to pull Chloe out of Clark's storyline so that the writers could continue to drag out the Clark/Lana storyline for another excruciating two seasons.

Basically, as I said, Chloe would be Clark's post-Lana love interest, and the person who stirs his interest in journalism, because no one ever really knew why Clark chose journalism in the first place. Clark and Lois would obviously not be ready yet, so from seasons 5 through 6 it would be Clark/Chloe, which would end during season 7 following her death and resurrection. Notice how Chloe's meteor healing power had been all but forgotten by season 9 and 10?

Anyway, Chloe would realize that while she and Clark would always be connected, their destinies would eventually follow different paths, and that they should just remain friends from now on. This would free up Clark to eventually fall in love with Lois, but with Lana firmly in his past. Chloe still gets fired from the Daily Planet by Lex Luthor, but ends up working for Wayne Enterprises (yes, Wayne Enterprises) after Bruce hires her to run Watchtower, based in a skyscraper in Metropolis owned by Wayne Enterprises. Chloe would remain an employee of Wayne Enterprises and run Watchtower for Clark and the proto-Justice League while the Watchtower space station is under construction. Green Arrow would be frequent guest star along with Black Canary, Cyborg, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter, but not a series regular.

But by the final season, Wayne Enterprises would buy The Daily Planet from Luthorcorp, the Watchtower space station would become operational, and Chloe would quit Watchtower and fulfill her destiny by becoming the new Doctor Fate, inheriting the mantle from Kent Nelson. Nelson himself once said, "Your fate is utterly binding. You are of value, Clark Kent. But you, you walk the same path I do, Chloe Sullivan ..." Chloe's story arc comes full circle, from being the teenage girl and her "wall of weird" who investigated the strange, unexplained, and impossible, to becoming the strange, unexplained, and impossible.

Yeah, I know Tia will cry blasphemy. But again, Chloe and Oliver on Smallville just seemed kinda thrown together. I expected more buildup, but it just seemed like they went from an archery lesson scene to being a couple out of nowhere. Just seems to me like the writers were just sort of winging it. Also, it would be nice if for once, this network respected Oliver's relationship with Black Canary instead of always having him marry these tech girls.
Old 11-05-2023, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am happy they kept Chloe alive for the whole series cause she was the main character I was always worried about. lol
That was a miracle for sure!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why do you say that, Fatima? Were you expecting her to die? She did come close a few times.
Old 11-06-2023, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why do you say that, Fatima? Were you expecting her to die? She did come close a few times.
Yeah. She died several times throughout the series!
Old 11-07-2023, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I know Tia will cry blasphemy. But again, Chloe and Oliver on Smallville just seemed kinda thrown together. I expected more buildup, but it just seemed like they went from an archery lesson scene to being a couple out of nowhere. Just seems to me like the writers were just sort of winging it. Also, it would be nice if for once, this network respected Oliver's relationship with Black Canary instead of always having him marry these tech girls.
lurking here for a few.... Alex...eh, no thanks...I don't want any Oliver to be with Black Canary ...except for the comics which I don't read

I liked Oliver with Sara and I didn't care if Sara was Black Canary or not....Caity and Stephen had good on-screen chemistry. I wasn't really shipping NysSara [Nyssa/ Sara], but I did love Katrina Law and Caity doing scenes together. Katrina Law is also in two hallmark movies that I love.

Quote:
Sort of agreeing with BatTia... although I do like some of Alex's ideas if he was Showrunner/ one of the producers....I like the Batman and Wayne Enterprises ideas and his ideas for Chloe.
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
Yeah. She died several times throughout the series!
Yeah, that's true. But Chloe did seem to have nine lives. Maybe she could be Catwoman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
lurking here for a few.... Alex...eh, no thanks...I don't want any Oliver to be with Black Canary ...except for the comics which I don't read

I liked Oliver with Sara and I didn't care if Sara was Black Canary or not....Caity and Stephen had good on-screen chemistry. I wasn't really shipping NysSara [Nyssa/ Sara], but I did love Katrina Law and Caity doing scenes together. Katrina Law is also in two hallmark movies that I love.
Hi, Dave! Glad to see you lurking!

Well, Dave, if you'll recall my earlier comments, I've said many times that Sara on Arrow is more like what Dinah/Black Canary is like in the comics. I'd have made Black Canary/Dinah Lance more like what Sara was and given her Sara's story on Arrow. The story they gave Laurel/Dinah Lance was just awful. I'd also have cast Caity as Dinah, no disrespect to Katie, and she'd have acquired her Canary Cry during the STAR Labs particle accelerator accident, or perhaps some other way.

Quote:
Sort of agreeing with BatTia... although I do like some of Alex's ideas if he was Showrunner/ one of the producers....I like the Batman and Wayne Enterprises ideas and his ideas for Chloe.
Wow, thanks, Dave! I knew you'd like my ideas for a Clark/Bruce Smallville/Gotham shared universe. And which ideas for Chloe? Her being Clark's post-Lana love interest? Her working for Bruce after being fired from the Daily Planet by Lex? Or her becoming the new Doctor Fate?
Old 11-07-2023, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

both ...Chloe working for Bruce and then later she becomes Dr. Fate

Yea.... Laurel's storyline was mostly tragic in my opinion....Sara Lance was given a far better storyline especially when Nyssa came on the show. I want Chloe to meet Sara Lance..

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. But Chloe did seem to have nine lives. Maybe she could be Catwoman?

Hi, Dave! Glad to see you lurking!

Well, Dave, if you'll recall my earlier comments, I've said many times that Sara on Arrow is more like what Dinah/Black Canary is like in the comics. I'd have made Black Canary/Dinah Lance more like what Sara was and given her Sara's story on Arrow. The story they gave Laurel/Dinah Lance was just awful. I'd also have cast Caity as Dinah, no disrespect to Katie, and she'd have acquired her Canary Cry during the STAR Labs particle accelerator accident, or perhaps some other way.

Wow, thanks, Dave! I knew you'd like my ideas for a Clark/Bruce Smallville/Gotham shared universe. And which ideas for Chloe? Her being Clark's post-Lana love interest? Her working for Bruce after being fired from the Daily Planet by Lex? Or her becoming the new Doctor Fate?
Old 11-07-2023, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Hey Dave,

As you know I have READ the comics and MORE DC comics than Alex and I don't care if Oliver and Dinah end up together or not to be quite honest. I guess since I didn't ship them all that hard in the comics.

With the exception of Clark and Lois there is no DC couple that MUST end up together for me... It's not even me being bias cause they are my favorite ship of all time but they are literally the most iconic ship in television and dc comic history so you shouldn't touch that.

With Oliver, I feel he can have many tv shows endgames.
I know the Oliver comics to know that Justin Hartley was a PERFECT version of Oliver Queen personality-wise. He just owned it whereas I love Stephen Amell as Oliver but I think they sort of strayed from the comics with his version. He was way too aggressive with the weigh of the world on his shoulders which I didn't feel was Oliver. He even didn't have like any sense of humor... again not Oliver. However I feel Amell's Green Arrow is better than Hartley's.

Now in saying that. I do believe a version of Oliver and Dinah should end up together but they need to be doing chem test or something because these Oliver and Dinah do not be having the chemistry for the story they want to achieve. Oliver and Sara had it. lol So all this would've been repaired if Black Canary just came on season 2 with Sara Lance backstory and call it a day...

I like Alex ideas but Smallville is it's own universe so I don't care.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
both ...Chloe working for Bruce and then later she becomes Dr. Fate

Yea.... Laurel's storyline was mostly tragic in my opinion....Sara Lance was given a far better storyline especially when Nyssa came on the show. I want Chloe to meet Sara Lance..

Thanks, Dave! I'm glad you liked those ideas. I do know that there have been a few different Doctor Fates over the years, and one of them was a woman.

Yeah, but I just felt like Laurel's story was too melodramatic, more than was necessary for the character of Dinah Lance. As I've said, she should've gotten the story that went to Sara, and Sara was not even a necessary character if they'd done Dinah Laurel correctly.

Well, in my Smallville/Gotham universe, Chloe would've met Dinah Lance, and she'd have been more like Caity. Chloe would've also met Alfred Pennyworth and Barbara Gordon. Two tech girls swapping stories.

Wow, thanks Tia. I guess you're not a Bat/Cat supporter? Aside from Clark/Lois, I'm also Bruce/Selina as well. I don't mind Bruce's relationships with Zatanna, Black Canary, or even Poison Ivy (and possibly Barbara), but Selina is who he has to end up with. Talia I'm not too fond of.

Well, Tia, once again, I did say that if I were running things, Dinah would be more like Sara and look more like Caity and not Katie. No disrespect to Katie Cassidy, but I just think that Caity Lotz fit the character better, and her character's backstory would've worked for Dinah more than what Arrow gave to Laurel. Also, I don't know why they insisted on using her middle name and not her first name.

Well, at least I got you to admit that you like my ideas. The whole Chloe/Doctor Fate thing just made sense to me.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Bruce Wayne is another character and I don't care who he ends up with. I've shipped him with multiple people so I am not to devastated by his endgames.

I will defend Katie Cassidy and say when they brought her back as Siren. We finally got to see her at her amazing potential which proved that the writing failed her for most of the series. She became popular as Black Siren and was disliked as Laurel with the terrible story.

Back on topic to Chloe - I am happy with how her story developed over the season, it was great to watch.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi BatTia...thanks for replying...

I'm the same....Reallly only Lois and Clark mattered to me...and of course that dates back to Superman One the movie. Then of course I loved Lois and Clark TNaoS

I didn't like Oliver's Endgame being killed off and becoming the Spectra or whatever, but I understand why they did it in the final Crisis episode of the CW Arrowverse crossover.
I just wanted Oliver to find happiness in life and love...and he finally did with his friends and Felicity. I was glad to see him on the Flash's last season as the Spectra though.

I watched Smallville's Oliver's darkest moment when he killed Lex and I was glad he did that.
It was in one of my all time fav episodes called Requium. Watching Arrow come on Smallville was cool because he got to work with younger version of not-yet Superman. I was glad to see Chloe find true love after the whole Doomsday disaster. storyline. Also kind of mad they killed off Jimmy in that season.

Yup...Smallville took place on a different earth and was really happy to see the CW take us to the Smallville earth during Crisis crossover.

OK...PM me some time and let me know how the year is going

Alex...I want to see that Barbara Gordon / Chloe scene... as well as Chloe / Alfred scene... but more than anything those Chloe/ Bruce Wayne scenes.

Quote:
Hey Dave,

As you know I have READ the comics and MORE DC comics than Alex and I don't care if Oliver and Dinah end up together or not to be quite honest. I guess since I didn't ship them all that hard in the comics.

With the exception of Clark and Lois there is no DC couple that MUST end up together for me... It's not even me being bias cause they are my favorite ship of all time but they are literally the most iconic ship in television and dc comic history so you shouldn't touch that.

With Oliver, I feel he can have many tv shows endgames.
I know the Oliver comics to know that Justin Hartley was a PERFECT version of Oliver Queen personality-wise. He just owned it whereas I love Stephen Amell as Oliver but I think they sort of strayed from the comics with his version. He was way too aggressive with the weigh of the world on his shoulders which I didn't feel was Oliver. He even didn't have like any sense of humor... again not Oliver. However I feel Amell's Green Arrow is better than Hartley's.

Now in saying that. I do believe a version of Oliver and Dinah should end up together but they need to be doing chem test or something because these Oliver and Dinah do not be having the chemistry for the story they want to achieve. Oliver and Sara had it. lol So all this would've been repaired if Black Canary just came on season 2 with Sara Lance backstory and call it a day...

I like Alex ideas but Smallville is it's own universe so I don't care.
Old 11-09-2023, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-10-2023, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the video, Fatima! I like that Tom and Michael still talk about Allison so fondly.

Oh, really Tia? I gave up on shipping Bruce with everyone because it's a bit futile. The only woman I like him with other than Selina is Zatanna. Maybe Barbara, but that's a stretch.

I liked Katie as Black Siren as well. It just made me sadder that they didn't do right by her as Black Canary.

Over which season, the final one, Tia?

Thanks, Dave. Yeah, I loved Alfred on Gotham, so I can only imagine the character crossing over into Smallville with Bruce and having conversations with Chloe, Lois, etc. Glad you like my Chloe/Barbara idea as well. And I already did a fic with Chloe and Bruce, which I think you read.

I didn't know that about Oliver's ending on Arrow. I gave up on that show.
Old 11-11-2023, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Reply   Post New Thread