Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2023, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Wow, really? I didn't know that Chlark was a bigger fanbase than Clana by that point. Thanks for letting me know, Tia.

But by season 5 that would make sense since it was mostly Chlark by that point.

And yes, Lois' arrival should have ended the Clana bandwagon altogether, logically speaking.

Yeah, this latest episode we just watched was really fascinating in terms of how far Chloe had come by the end of the show. I can barely believe that this is the same woman who once had her "Wall of Weird" at her high school.

From what I remember by many of the comments at the time was that people were so done with Clana especially during late season 5 when Lexana was going on. The Clark/Lana/Lex triangle was also not well received. Clois was instantly big because it's Clark and Lois and it was inevitable. Chloe and Clark friendship was more bigger than Clana's romance I'll say. There was also a conflict with Chlark and Clois fans who didn't like each other. lol So it was a lot going on. Like for the most part when it comes to Smallville, if someone loves Clois then they probably didn't enjoy Chlark that much in vice versa. I am in the minority who loved Clois but appreciates the Chlark scenes (seasons 5-7 especially).

I will help out Clana by saying that during season 6 there was still a bit of them and it was probably because of how much they hated Lex/Lana and wanted Clark to truly be happy which they saw as Lana who brought happiness to him. Although people wanted him to move on.

When it pertains to Chloe, her most popular relationship was Oliver in terms of how most fans loved it. It wasn't really a huge division among the fans. Chloe/Davis were extremely popular as well until the season 8 finale. Chloe/Jimmy were well-received but weren't popular if that makes sense. lol Clark and Chloe were popular but not "they should be together" popular. Their friendship was popular although obviously some people wanted them together but it wasn't overbearing popular cause of how well-received their friendship was.

Yes the last episode we did watch did focus on her growth so I like that Chloe and Clark sort of talked about that. She really lastest longer than anyone would have assumed but the growth of her characters is amazing.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thank you for sharing.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, then I must also be in a minority, because I liked both Chlark and Clois, although in different ways. For me, Chlark would've been a good interim relationship after Clana ended to move Clark's story forward from Smallville to Metropolis. After all, no one's ever told the story of what happened in the in-between years and why Clark decided on journalism for a career. But Clois is always the endgame and the main relationship. I can certainly understand why fans were over Clana since that story outlived its usefulness once high school ended.

Well, Chloe and Oliver to me, now that I've had a chance to absorb it, is a bit too Olicity. And again, it just seems like this network hates Black Canary. But I can see why some people liked it.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think the true Clana fans ever got over Clark and Lana, but I think Clark wanted to be with Chloe in Season Six, but the writers brought in Jimmy.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
I don't think the true Clana fans ever got over Clark and Lana, but I think Clark wanted to be with Chloe in Season Six, but the writers brought in Jimmy.
Exactly. That's what I've been saying. They brought in Jimmy because they were too chicken to go with Clark/Chloe in season 6 and end the Clark/Lana storyline once and for all, which didn't end up going to well for them. The Clark/Lana/Lex storyline in season 6 became a complete dumpster fire, and a total waste of both Chloe and Lois on storylines that went nowhere.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the Clark/Lana/Lex story line held out throughout the series.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I loved Chloe with Jimmy, I thought they made a cute couple. They just should have been timed better I guess.
Old 10-28-2023, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ If only Chloe would have trusted Jimmy a little bit more.
Old 10-28-2023, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I honestly don't know why she couldn't trust Jimmy. She told him about her other power.
Old 10-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've already said what was wrong with the Chloe/Jimmy relationship, and why she couldn't be honest with him. It's the same reason why it was a mistake for the writers to even have Jimmy on the show in the first place knowing that he was a doomed character. You know he's not gonna be the same Jimmy Olsen from the Superman storyline because he's too old. You know Chloe's not gonna be able to be honest with him about Clark. You know James Henry Olsen doesn't exist in the comics and was only created for the television show, and you know that the only reason this Jimmy Olsen was created was to provide a distraction for Chloe to prevent any more romantic Clark/Chloe moments so that Clark could go on obsessing about Lana for another two seasons because the writers were too afraid to move on from Clark and Lana like they should have a season earlier. That's why Jimmy was killed off. I think that kiss between Clark and Chloe in the season 5 finale freaked out someone higher up at WB, someone who felt that Lana was the lead female character and they shouldn't move on from her, even though Lois was already on the show.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they knew that DC wouldn't allow this variation, so to speak.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think it had anything to do with DC or WB, to be honest. Even fans were suspicious of Jimmy due to him being too old to be Jimmy Olsen, since he was the same age as Clark and Lois, and he was working at the Daily Planet before they were.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They said something like there is supposed to be a ten year difference.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am happy they kept Chloe alive for the whole series cause she was the main character I was always worried about. lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I am happy they kept Chloe alive for the whole series cause she was the main character I was always worried about. lol
Now that I've had a chance to watch the entire series, Tia, I know what I'd have done with Chloe had I been in charge of Smallville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
They said something like there is supposed to be a ten year difference.
Pretty much, which is why I still disagree with them bringing "Henry James Olsen" into the show in the first place. It was a lost cause from the beginning.