Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh Davis no longer wants to forget about his connection with Chloe since she only remembered him. He feels it's a deeper reason why.

At least Chloe backed away from the kiss.. even if I feel Jimmy/Chloe shouldn't be getting married.

Clark is ridiculous if he believes this will make Chloe more safe.
Danger will still be there.
Chloe and Lana were both in danger MORE in season 1-3, when they didn't know.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Yeah but he had no right to do that. It wasn't really his choice to make.
It doesn't even matter what he thought, it's not his place to change things he doesn't approve of.

What is someone took his memories of Jonathan away from him in the Vengeance episode because they thought it'd help him better cope and heal. What if all the loses he endured was forgotten because he won't deal with pain? The pain is a part of why he becomes who he becomes.

What Chloe has dealt with with Clark, is one of the main things that matured her to the person she is today and Clark had NO right to do that. One of my least favorite Clark scenes of the series.
I agree, and especially after all this time. Chloe's known for years, she's been by his side for so long and like you said it made her the person she is now She deserved to have all of her memories back.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, so, I was NOT happy when I watched this episode for the first time. Well I loved the whole episode EXCEPT for that....

Loved the ending of the episode! Brainiac!
Old 09-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Rave
Fortress recreated woot!
Clark standing up to his dad and asking for some respect, their relationship finally changing! Woot!
Chlark flashback so sweet
Clark/Chloe running through her memories, so cool
Clark's reason for taking Chloe's memories away doing it to lift the weight off her shoulders and letting her go to live a happier/safer life with Jimmy and not in his crazy world... The self sacrifice!
Rant
In the Jor-El/Clark scene Clark said "I betrayed that trust" When did he betray his father's trust!!? When did he use his powers for personal gain at the expense of others??? I need more explaino, this irritated me. Sure he wasnt going after his destiny but betrayal seems a bit extreme.

I had a lot of problems with Clark taking Chloe's memories. First off, it wasn't his choice to make! Second off, what the heck were these memories replaced with because those memories are both what made her who she was and were a huge part of her life for several years. Third off, from a viewer perspective I was beyond pissed so much that I had to look for spoilers to see when she learned his secret again.

Minor nitpick.... compare Clark/Chloe in this flashback (supposed to be 8th grade) to the pilot... they grew an awful lot in one year.

Even when they first said they met in 8th grade I had wished they said much sooner because it appeared they had been friends for *years* at the pilot not just 1 year. Now if they had said 6th grade then it would have made a lot more sense and matched the age difference/appearance more from the actors in the flashbacks to the pilot
Old 09-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with that nitpick. lol
The main thing I loved about this episode was that the writers remembered the history that was written since season 1! It was established during season 1 that Chloe was Clark's first kiss and they met when he was in the 8th grade and they had Chloe say the EXACT same quote that Clark remembered her saying during season 1. So that was a wonderful callback and it showed how much the writers cared about getting things right.

The saddest moment as well was when Chloe forgot his secret and she talked about she use to be called Brainiac as a friend. The acting and the background music score was so sad and perfect.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Clark Kent! The best looking best man in town, second only to my gorgeous groom, of course."
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread