Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 8x09 "Abyss" Episode Discussion

The 9th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Abyss", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

Brainiac erases Chloe's memory - Brainiac begins removing Chloe's (Allison Mack) memories one by one until the only person she remembers is Davis (Sam Witwer). Clark realizes the only way to stop Brainiac from taking over Chloe's mind is to rebuild the Fortress and ask Jor-El to heal her.

Writted by: Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson

Directed by: Kevin Fair

Episode Trailer

Sneak Peek Clip

Meanwhile, TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Brainiac slowly takes over Chloe's mind until the only person she remembers is Davis. In an effort to save her, Clark rebuilds the Fortress of Solitude in order to seek help from Jor-El.

THE CW has relesed 9 images for this episode, here are 4 of the pics in question

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can't wait for this episode
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not looking forward to this episode cause of what I've heard.
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe it's already almost Thursday But this episode looks like it's gonna be a good one
truroswellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Butterflies* (View Post)
I'm not looking forward to this episode cause of what I've heard.
Well, doesn't leave much room for the episode to "win you over then" does it?

Don't let spoiler info ruin it, watch and if you are disappointed after, that's something else

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Passionate Fan

For many Chlarkers this might be quite an emotional episode which is why we are anticipating this episode with great apprehension. Still we hope that not all we read will hold out to be true.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh! CW11 isn't airing this until Saturday!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Gah. Why can't Brainiac just be gone for good, already? I'm tired of Brainiac and now he's taken over Jor-El and the fortress? Gah.
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
gilliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

It was very Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-y. Especially the parts where Chloe and Clark were running through her memories. I liked it though.
I love you
meghan
chasing starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

UGH! they were giving football! -_______- now i have to wait til Saturday to watch it. `=/
Sark and Draco Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

good ep...minus one detail
the ending was amazing...
clark's reason for making chloe forget...always glad to hear a Johnathan and Pete reference..
and Lex, Lionel and Martha pics in the room (also Lana) always nice to see continuity ...no Pete pic though?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Random engagement party flashback…crazy flashing images! Chloe throwing Jimmy out…not knowing who he is? The farm! Clark-looking yum!! Davis!! Davis doesn’t want to know about his past anymore? What is going on with Chloe? The room with all the pictures…was crazy! Taken over by Brainiac? Crazy! Davis is in love with Chloe? I can’t believe he won’t be at the wedding. The symbol for doom? Chloe mentioning Lex…Clark mentioning Lex!!!!!! (How everyone that knew his secret went away) “Even Lex” (Lex sent the crystal to Clark-I really think so!) Chloe can’t remember finding out about Clark…crazy! The yearbook picture…so cute! Clark at the fortress! Jimmy doesn’t understand anything that is going on. Clark talking to Jor-el….he needs his help. Flashbacks…..cute young flashbacks!!!!!!! Clark was adorable when he was young! Clark super speeding when he was young! The kiss was adorable!! Everything disappearing…crazy!! The superman symbol….Clark floating away…insane!! Davis? She can only remember him? Clark and Jimmy working together…they found Chloe already. Clark suspicious of Davis? Clark taking Chloe to the fortress? He wants her to forget all about his powers? Crazy! Chloe remembers it all…almost? Aw…Clark drives like an old lady..Lol! I don’t believe Chloe doesn’t remember Clark’s secret. Omg!! Davis thinks Chloe is marrying the wrong person!! The kiss! Davis will wait for Chloe? Omg! Doomsday is coming? Great Episode…that’s the Smallville I love! No comment about next week….except for the doomsday thing looks crazy!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Good setup for next week.

My favorite part of the episode was definitely the Jor-El/Clark interaction. It was nice to see them actually get along. I like how Clark acknowledge how much Earth means to Jor-El and also how he told Jor-El to stop treating him like an enemy.
OTHFanatic05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Davis is doomsday thus his attraction and Brainiac was using chloe mind as the key, the symbol in her head was doom . Thus why she was only remembering him. Pete hasn't been around so no need to have his photo. But Now she has had her Kal El memory erased what of Green Arrow ?

finally we get to see the real Doomsday and as Kal El said to Jor El ,I will do everything in my powers to stop this doomsday.

Based on pics posted here ,and the preview hard to see if lana /Kristian hair is as short as we have seen?

after Next week big wedding and then Thanksgiving no show, we may get two more new ones before at least a 5 week + break . I have to look it up, it is possible it may be a longer break . Lana is only in for 5 episodes.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i think next week is the last for this year
Reply   Post New Thread