Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i watched one clip and immediately wished i didn't...
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Passionate Fan

One of the best shows in a while...lol..going to scream
Icon: me
soapfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Best episode I've seen in a long, long time

I'll be back with a full review tomorrow, but just damn...Michael Rosenbaum blew me away with his performance, and the writting of the dialogue was amazing...esp. the Clark/Lex scenes! Funeral scene was brilliant! The look between them said it all!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow...I don't know just where to begin. First off, obvious fact: GIVE MICHAEL ROSENBAUM THE FRIGGIN' EMMY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael Rosenbaum/Lex Luthor just OWNED tonight's ep, hands down! He was amazing! Michael never ceases to amaze me with just how incredibly talented he is. All the subtleties bring so much to every scene with him. I loved how so many times in the ep Lex had tears in his eyes, yet there were so many layers behind just why there were there. I knew what was coming, I just didn't think the entire 'killing' scene would be before the opening title sequence. I was glad that only Lex and Lionel were in it. The shot of Lex's eye was brilliant.

It was nice seeing Little Lex again, since it seems to be the last time. Seeing how he was affecting him, haunting, taunting him, but him finally defeating what little good he had left in him was so great. The scene where he's dragging Little Lex down the stairs and burns him in the fire...the shot of the flames and his face....burning in hell, in a way, I had shiver-me-timbers.

The scenes with Clark were good too. Their confrontation in the mansion was so good. Lex daring to stoop so low to bring up Jonathan's death and mentioning how Clark could have been the one to cause his heart-attack was so deliciously evil. Again the end of that scene, the tears in his eyes...incredible. I also loved their scene at the grave...how nothing was said between them, just the looks. I love how even though Lex had closed it off to everyone, when Clark showed up, he wasn't upset, or even surprised. You know he was expecting that. But what sold that scene for me was the tiny smile Lex formed. It was so faint but it sold that scene! It didn't feel anything in that moment, no remorse, no sadness, no regret...he was kinda flaunting something he had been able to take away from Clark, since as he noticed Lionel formed quite the bond with him.

I really loved the scene with Lex and Chloe in the DP. It reminds me of that time when her mom was in that ep, how he went there and threatened her at the end. I loved how he didn't really get violent or anything, he was so matter-of-fact. The way he opened her desk drawer, something about it gave me chills.

Seriously....I can't even contemplate S8 without Michael/Lex there in full, as always. Oh, I loved that shot in the promo with Lex coming across the FOS! I can't wait!

I also really loved all the Jimmy/Lois stuff in this ep. They make such a great team. I loved him taking his coat off, trying to keep her warm when they had been trapped in the freezer. As well as when he was huddled close to her before Clark found them. He's really coming into his own.

Such a great ep, up there with 'Onyx' for me, but even higher, since Lex was officially evil, not under the influence, so to speak, lol.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

That episode was great. I loved how dark and intense it felt throughout the entire episode. I knew Lionel was going to die but wasn't expecting it so early in the episode. Michael was absolutely brilliant tonight.
OTHFanatic05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

tonight's episode was AMAZING. i haven't said that about any Smallville eppie recently, until now. and Anji described my thoughts on the episode perfectly.
Sark and Draco Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Holy CROW!!! I loved it, the best acting' I've seen on t/v in a while, I have to say! I loved the moments between Clark/Lex one of the both Tom/Michael were awesome in that scene!!! I loved that he truly became the villian and years of leading up too it, it was truely awesome episode! YIKES FOR NEXT EPISODE!! OH my.....I really loved this episode, I can't wait til the DVD set to wach all of them over again. It was truely amazing acting, everyone did VERY well tonight. I loved the fire scene where he threw little lex in the fire and turned officially evil! I liked the end, but didn't quite get it at first because there were to many interrups for me so I didn't watch it carefully, I wish they played it on CWtv.. on line. The next preview looked so much like the movie, it was creepy and Lex finally figuring out the truth! I loved Michael in this episode truly amazing acting! The acting hit me tonight, the best on Smallville yet!!! I didn't see the complete beginning but I knew that Lionel was gonna die. The only person I felt bad for, was Clark...because of the whole bond thing, but Lex never liked his father and never knew him correctly. This was an awesome episode tonight. I loved the Jimmy/Lois moments and the Chloe moments. It was awesome! :-D I can't wait for next weeks!!!
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Addicted Fan

omg!! this episode rocked!

once Gina heard the truth about Clark, I knew she was a goner. I wonder if Lex was the one who had her killed. if so, it'd be funny if he listened to the voicemail afterwards and was like "awww damn" like when Lionel replayed the asylum footage over and over after getting his brain zapped.

and what was up with Lois? "You shot me??" Gee, what did she think was gonna happen when she tried to go up against the crazy woman with the gun? and Jimmy too. "gee, you're really bleeding." Yeah, i think that's from the gunshot wound that happened not 30 seconds ago.. -_-

and what was up with clark and Lex in the mansion? "Are you saying I'm responsible for my father's death??" Well Clark, you kinda are when you decided to muck up the space-time continuum.

also i never noticed before but Lex has a really visible throbbing vein on top of his head. O_O

Last edited by JediBlastoise; 04-17-2008 at 10:01 PM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark and Draco Lover (View Post)
and Anji described my thoughts on the episode perfectly.
Awwww, thanks, Jess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BonesGirl85* (View Post)
Holy CROW!!! I loved it, the best acting' I've seen on t/v in a while, I have to say! I really loved this episode, I can't wait til the DVD set to wach all of them over again. I loved Michael in this episode truly amazing acting! The acting hit me tonight, the best on Smallville yet!!!
Seriously! Michael kicked all kinds of ass last night! I really, really, really wish at times like this SV was on a network that could easily get the Emmy noms, 'caues man, Michael has been so long deserving, and last night just confirmed why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
once Gina heard the truth about Clark, I knew she was a goner. I wonder if Lex was the one who had her killed. if so, it'd be funny if he listened to the voicemail afterwards and was like "awww damn" like when Lionel replayed the asylum footage over and over after getting his brain zapped.

and what was up with clark and Lex in the mansion? "Are you saying I'm responsible for my father's death??" Well Clark, you kinda are when you decided to muck up the space-time continuum.

also i never noticed before but Lex has a really visible throbbing vein on top of his head. O_O
I figured she'd been killed too. I wonder who that man was. That would suck for Lex.

Sidenote, I did always hate how Clark seemed much more upset over Lana's 'death' than Jonathan's, at the time. I think Lex hitting below the belt like that was pure brilliance.

I love that vein of his! I also love that lump in the back of his head, it's so prominent, I can't help but stare at it when we see the back of his head.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wahoo an episode I wasn't disappointed with!

-Cool that it was Lois who was the one that told Clark and Chloe that it was possibly Lionel who "jumped".

-The message Lionel left for Clark was sweet! Despite Lionel's death it was cool that he showed Clark just how much he was trying to protect him.

-And the whole thing with Lois getting shot and then she and Jimmy getting put in the freezer was freaky! I really can't believe that girl shot Lois.

-Way to go Clark though for using his heat vision to thaw them off. That was sweet!!!

-Wish Chloe had not put the key in the desk but with Lex near the door she really didn't have much of a choice.

-Like the storyline of something possibly controlling Clark.

-Loved that death bell ring when Lex killed Alexander. His transformation to the dark side is complete!

-Still can't believe that Lionel is gone though. It's gonna be weird without him. The funeral scene was amazing. Lex might have closed the funeral off to everyone but it was cool that Clark showed up anyways. Lex might think he's the ruler of the world but good for Clark to show that he's not gonna take any crap from him.

-Now I actually have faith in the remainder episodes!!!!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

This was the best episode I've seen in a while. A fine job done by Michael/Lex. I was disappointed that Lionel/John was killed off, I think he is also a brilliant actor. Looking forward to future episodes this season.
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't happy that basically they gave away Lionel's death prior to the episode . Just about all the previews had Lex and Lionel arguing .

either way it was interesting episode ,the final blow that will separate Lex from Clark . The real evil Lex is about to come out,not as though he has been a mr nice guy.
Maybe I missed it but didn't see any follow up on Lois being shot.

As for the rest of the season i do not expect to see Lana anymore . Unless Kristin filmed some more scenes before heading off to Mexico to film Street Fighter . Also could be the main reason she won't be seen in a lot of Season 8 .

I expect a lot more "fireworks" between Clark Lex and of course Brainiac .

Does anyone remember seeing the woman who attacked clohe and spied on both of them learning Clarks secret . Also the mystery man who killed her,with some type of spray.

Can't wait for episode 150 airing May 1,which tom directs .
Old 04-19-2008, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still can't stop listening to the funeral song.

For me if the music isn't good, then I particularly won't like a movie or scene.

The music the used for Lionel's funeral was perfect.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Fantastic episode.
I like how they showed Lex still struggling with his good side which hasn't completely let him go until he finally destroyed it in the fire. It was a brutal indication that Lex has joined the dark side for good....or has he? The conversation he had with Clark in the mansion was a nice summary of the struggle he faced in the past 7 seasons during his passage to darkness. Darth Vader would have been proud....
Tom Welling acting was a lot better in this episode although I though in one scene at the funeral it looked a bit uncertain. He worked well with Michael and Allison to contribute to the high standards of this very well constructed episode.
It's sad to see Lionel gone, I'm going to miss his classic lines. Although he's supposed to be returning in season 8 but it won't be the same.
Smallville - give yourself a pat on the back.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Extreme Fan

i finally got around to watching thursday's episode. i really like this episode.

the begining with lex killing linol, was well done. it was well written that the audience knew exactly what happened but the characters didn't, it would have been cooler if we didn't know and found out with the characters. like it started with linol falling from the building.

anyhow, i loved all the chlark in this episode, it was great to see chloe and clark work together. i also loved the scene at the end with clark and lex. it was good to see them glare at each other over linol's grave, and lex just walk away. i almost cried at the part where clark put the dirt over liniol's grave and the part where chloe says how even though those people may have died protecting clark, it was worth it.

as i saw in a review somewhere, it seemed as usual that lois and jimmy were in a different show, they don't really interact with chloe and clark the whole episode, unless you count clark saving them.

overall, this was a really good episode, in my opinion is the best of the season.
Reply   Post New Thread