Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Extreme Fan

i finally found time to watch this episode. i've been looking forward to petes return for so long! its great that they finally got him to do it.

i really liked this episode, it wasn't the best episode as far as original story's , but it was still very entertaining. i loved how they kept pete's character consistent with the character that left in season three. also that his power's were temperary. i also liked how he protected chloe, and the way it was revealed to pete that chloe was a meter-freak.

jimmy and chloe were so cute at the end of this episode. at first i didn't really ship these too, but now i do. as much as i love chlark, i love her with jimmy and best freinds with clark.

the only thing i didn't like this episode was that the whole lex and kara thing was just like lana. but lana and lex's relationship was set up in season one, where as the whole lex muliperating kara was just set up this season. i found their scenes boring and old.

anyhow this was a long awaited episode, and it was great to see pete's reaction to how much has changed since he left smallville.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i like how they have a set up for a return now...one that i hope will not take 4 years to occur
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

yeah, i did love how they left it open for him to return.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I was so looking forward to this episode but after watching it I was very disappointed.
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Was stride a sponsor or something? This ep was a major plug I didnt watch it with commercials, so I am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
Pete! Yea REMY....i mean ONE REPUBLIC!

JediBlastoise, R2Roswell
I agree with you guys on Kara, that her moving in with Lex very similar to Lana's. But I can't blame her. No memories, and the only person who has been entirely honest with her is Lex. I am not sure if moving in would be the next step I'd take, but I don't think that her trust in him is misplaced. She'll find out the truth sooner or later, its just a matter of how much Lex is able to get out of her

R2Roswell,
I would love to see Clark return the bracelet and tell the truth as well. I assume it is because he wants her to live a normal life, or that he doesn't trust her. But I think that the danger of the truth coming out is much worse than any of that, and I agree with you, she should be told the truth.

Cris,
I know, I felt that Pete's role in this ep was nothing short of something any other new actor could have done. They could have done a lot more, seeing as pete is from their past. Any actor could have been stretch, easily. I guess the only thing that pete's storyline brought to the ep was to triple underline the power trip that Lex is on, and to further remind Clark why he wont reveal the truth to Kara.

As for the Kara without powers, I was unclear on that too. At first I thought that it was that if she doesn't know she can do it, she wont do it. But Clark stumbling on all his abilities was natural, he didn't think about wanting to run fast but he did or the fire shooting out of his eyes was uncontrolled. So I assume that Kara no longer has her abilities or they would have revealed themselves naturally already. My guess, is it will be when Lex is around.

Strider,
I am not sure she'd consider living with Lois. She would believe that she is on Clarks side, right?

We have to think of the situation in her point of vies. She doesn't know that Lex is evil and has other intension's. If he were the only one that I could turn to, even if he was my boss, I would have done the same. It's just a place to stay, she didn't say she was gonna jump into bed with him. (Although, that was the sketchiest closing of the mansion doors Lex has ever done )

*Butterflies*,
welcome to ! hope you have fun here

And @ #2
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

So Pete leaves Smallville and this is how his life has turned out. How disappointing.

Icon
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
She'll find out the truth sooner or later, its just a matter of how much Lex is able to get out of her
hopefully not as much as he got out of Lana -_-
Old 03-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay I must admit that it was a very good move of Smallville and the Stride company to team up and market their product (the Stride gum).

Today I found myself at Walgreens because I needed some medication and they had the green pack of Stride. I saw it there and Pete's words kept repeating over and over inside my head, "It's Kryptonite free." So what did I do, I cave in to mass marketing and the economy and bought it.

This episode might have been the worst one for me but at least they got something positive from me which in a way is kind of sad. Especially because I am always falling for those marketing traps (with Roswell, I started buying Snapple and even Tabasco sauce. With the 4400, I always have to have a grilled cheese on Wednesday. And I've even contemplated on getting sour patch kids because of Kyle XY).
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I only watched this episode once and I didn't have desire to see it again. I was so happy for Pete's return because I waited years for it to happen but it really wasn't anything special and I don't get what the writers team were thinking. They should've found a way better way to bring him back than this crappy episode.

I liked the Chloe/Pete scenes but I really didn't feel much from the Clark/Pete interaction. And we never got our Chloe, Pete and Clark moment with both of them knowing Clark's secret, it was just so disappointing.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember being disappointed too but I can't complain about seeing Pete again.

Here and ready!
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I definitely can complain because of how poorly it was done. Only reason I'm watching it is because of this live watch, but this episode was so poorly done. ONe of my least favorite of the series.

Should be great seeing Pete though.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I was more upset over the whole Clark/Kara/Lex thing
Old 06-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Started.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Started
Old 06-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pete is back and looking for some gum from the DJ...
Pete always looks the same age as well.
Reply   Post New Thread