Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

As a superman fan, I want the next movie to do well, I want it to be good, but I have my doubts, just like all of you, having read various reports online...esp. from the superman homepage

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

I was looking forward to the movie - until I heard whom they casted and what they're planning to do with the story.
But I'll probably end up going to the movies anyway. Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutu
That's why I want a clark/lex/lois triangle: they'd fight till the end

Best part of the video - the jail part at the beginning!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
As a superman fan, I want the next movie to do well, I want it to be good, but I have my doubts, just like all of you, having read various reports online...esp. from the superman homepage

Alex

Let's hope. Singer has talent (and I like those video he's making) but I don't know if he's going a little too far... Like Cris said there's something wrong about some of parts the casting (how could they see Hugh Laurie as Perry?!!! and Bosworth as Lois?) that could backfire on him.

Quote:
Best part of the video - the jail part at the beginning!
I wanna thank Lionel for that, he was the one who inspired me to do it!

I'll also watch the movie... it's Superman after all.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 06-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'll also watch the movie... it's Superman after all.
I know! I mean I've been waiting for a new superman movie since ...well childhood

I will always be a superman/smallville fan first...and everything else falls after that.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I will always be a superman/smallville fan first...and everything else falls after that.
Even SW?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up
Even SW?
...No comment...I guess SW, LOTR, Superman...they are all dear to my heart...as well as comics in general and movies based on comics

Old 06-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up
Even SW?

Striffer don't tell anyone, but when I was a kid I used to read my brother's X-Men comics... sometimes comics are cool

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 06-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Closet fans are the best

I tell people, you can be a kid at heart and still enjoy all those above mentioned things, or you can be a boring adult...so I choose to be the first

Alex

Old 06-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I tell people, you can be a kid at heart and still enjoy all those above mentioned things, or you can be a boring adult...so I choose to be the first

Agreed.

As for comics - I read Alan Ford as a kid, if anyone knows about it. I still think it's funny as hell. It probably has a lot to do with how my sense of humour shaped up. Well, that and Niles from The Nanny, but this is getting totally OT.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Alex

It's cool to be a kid at heart Though these days kids act like teenagers and teenagers act like twenty-something... Maybe it's the BH 9210 complex.

Again, don't tell anyone but I bought this Superman special that came with a newspaper some months ago (I was Smallville high and it was very cheap)... There was a cool Clois witht hem and Krypto There was also a story where SUperman and Wonder Woman were making out

Spike it Up I haen't heard about him before, what did he write? Niles was the best.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 06-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

@ BH 90210 complex!
Quote:
There was also a story where SUperman and Wonder Woman were making out
Say what?
They dated in comics, right? As well as Clark and some mermaid, or something like that? I think I heard something about that. How did that work?

What Clois related was in the special?

Oh yeah, I googled Alan Ford. It's an Italian comic by Magnus (Roberto Raviola) and Max Bunker (Luciano Secchi). There isn't much about it online but if you'd like to see how the characters look like go here and here.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't know about the mermaid... oh Clark was so lucky to find Lois Yeah, I'm also wondering how did that work?

There wasn't much Clois related: there was the first Action comics (Clois on a date, Clark being a coward... Lois having to slap the guys by herself... later Lois telling Clark to get lost), the last comics pre-crisis or somethign like that (Clark lost his powers, changed his name to Joe , they had a kid named Jonathan and were about to have sex ), Lois working in their apartment when Batman appears (and Clark is pissed cause he doesn't want him there) and in the last one they're walking Krypto in the park

Oh the last pre-crisis one was great: Lex is possesed by something and tells Lana (which somehow had powers) to kill him. She kills him and then is also killed by the evil guys So they cared a lot about her character, they just killed her...

Going to check out the links

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 06-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe I need to write a comic book where Lana isn't the queen of everything and goes away...or maybe it was a dream I had

Alex

Old 06-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
(Clois on a date, Clark being a coward... Lois having to slap the guys by herself... later Lois telling Clark to get lost),
The only one I read - I found it scanned somewhere online.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Maybe I need to write a comic book where Lana isn't the queen of everything and goes away...or maybe it was a dream I had

Alex

I'm willing to draw it, it'll be pretty! But comics Lana isn't so perfect, right? I remember watchingSuperboy as a kid (oh Chloedid they clone you after Superboy's Lana?) and she wasn't like the one we have in Smallville.

Spike it Up comics writters won't be rich thanks to us

Icon by onebrightmoment
Closed Thread   Post New Thread