Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Nice analyzis of the names But I think the Lily/James parellel could be used better with Ron and Hermione, though they don't hate eachother, but they relationship is similar I think

Let's go further with the names:
Luna = moon in latin/spanish-> Lupin is werewolf at fullmoons ->Lupin is Harry's favourite teacher, well was...
Lovegood= loves good or good love-> good love for Harry
Potter=we can associate to cooking pots and such...

So we get:

Obvious, isn't it?

The others will see the light after HBP, I have no doubt about it. Visionary love will bind you all!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Hahaha..That is TOO funny!! I think just by staring at that montage of pictures is enough to turn anyone to our way of thinking!! Heheh...By the way..I love your avie, that's too cute!!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Of course I just showed this animation to my little sis, she didn't get it...though it must have something to do with the fact that she hasn't read OoTP yet
But I know she will be a big visionary when she grows up

July can't come soon enough I'm on the edge now and it's only march
Quote:
By the way..I love your avie, that's too cute!!
Thanks I cracked up when I saw it the other day...although it won't stay long, I'm planning a new one now.
I like yours too, soon you can have your own costum avie

Back to the thread title and the orgasm one: we could use it, but which version? I like the Steph verison, the mind blowing orgasm=good...H/L=much better
Old 03-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What.a.day. My cousin went to USA, for good, I found out that I'm with a bit of scoliosis and I was invited to sing/act in a musical. Go me!!!

Wooohooo!!! Loving the analysis and LOVED the song, Steph!!! Yay you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkeymonkey1981
They , in defense of others saying that H/L were too different and Harry didn't like her..etc... noted the fact of Harry's surprise at his parents seeming mismatched for eachother when he saw Snape's memories in the pensieve..and how Lily really couldn't stand James..yet they ended up falling in love.
That's interesting, although I'm with Gabi on this one, about J/L & R/Hr parallels. Sure, Ron and Hermione don't hate each other, but there are always some hot arguments *cough*tension*cough* between them. Hermione does look like a Lily and when Harry said that Ron reminded him of his father, that was heaven for me. Could R/Hr be more like J/L??? *sigh* BTW, JK has a thing for banter couples, hum? Go JK!

But speaking of Lily defending Snape----that leads me to when Harry will start to defend Luna. Yes, that's a fact, it will happen, because Harry is Harry. He didn't sound happy when Luna said what people do with her stuff and after the DoM events, their relationship will become stronger. At least I hope so.

Awww, now I'm completely yay with this idea. I know I *heart* when Ron defends Hermione *which happens a lot* and I'm sure I'll *heart* Harry doing the same for Luna.

Gabi, I don't have after-photos of my hair. And I don't think you would like to see the before ones...I'm weird O.o

I'm TOTALLY for the mindblowing orgasm title. Although, I must say that I don't think H/L is better than that *runs for the hills*
Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor
What.a.day. My cousin went to USA, for good, I found out that I'm with a bit of scoliosis and I was invited to sing/act in a musical. Go me!!!
Aw, sorry about the scoliosis...but I think most of us have that (me too, though it's almost nothing)
So you are that good singer? You never told us We have our singer to the band

Quote:
That's interesting, although I'm with Gabi on this one, about J/L & R/Hr parallels. Sure, Ron and Hermione don't hate each other, but there are always some hot arguments *cough*tension*cough* between them. Hermione does look like a Lily and when Harry said that Ron reminded him of his father, that was heaven for me. Could R/Hr be more like J/L??? *sigh* BTW, JK has a thing for banter couples, hum? Go JK!
And it's still not obvious for some people...I really can't understand, so many subtle and not so subtle clues, the constant reminders of other canon couples (Mr and Mrs Weasley, Lily and James) what more do they want?

Quote:
But speaking of Lily defending Snape----that leads me to when Harry will start to defend Luna. Yes, that's a fact, it will happen, because Harry is Harry. He didn't sound happy when Luna said what people do with her stuff and after the DoM events, their relationship will become stronger. At least I hope so.
I think so too Harry has seen Luna in a new light after the DoM events, and I'm sure that although he doesn't know it yet, he is as eager to get to know more about her as we are I just hope JKR won't forget to develope her character (like she did with the slytherins') but I seriously doubt she stated that Luna is one of her favourite new character

Which reminds me that JKR called Luna the anti Hermione. We know that Harry's and Hermione's personality clash and don't complement eachother. Now Luna, being the anti-Hermione...I'm not continuining

Quote:
Awww, now I'm completely yay with this idea. I know I *heart* when Ron defends Hermione *which happens a lot* and I'm sure I'll *heart* Harry doing the same for Luna.
for Ron when defending Hermione Shame on you, Kloves!

Quote:
Gabi, I don't have after-photos of my hair. And I don't think you would like to see the before ones...I'm weird O.o
I will show you my recent one if you do too

Quote:
I'm TOTALLY for the mindblowing orgasm title. Although, I must say that I don't think H/L is better than that *runs for the hills*
me neither but we should express how good the visionary love actually is
Old 03-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lilith~
Aw, sorry about the scoliosis...but I think most of us have that (me too, though it's almost nothing) So you are that good singer? You never told us We have our singer to the band
I can try, though she invited me more because of my acting skills. Well, not that I'm a great actress, but I can handle. I have to, since that's what I choose for me

Quote:
And it's still not obvious for some people...I really can't understand, so many subtle and not so subtle clues, the constant reminders of other canon couples (Mr and Mrs Weasley, Lily and James) what more do they want?
I don't know, baby, I really don't know. Perhaps she will have to say that there's more tension between Ron and Hermione, or that the answer for Hermione's feelings is in Goblet of Fire. Oh wait. She already said that

But honestly, if the books are not enough to show what's going on between R/Hr, I don't think JK's quotes would be. There will always be those saying "she's just tricking us, I don't believe it until I see the book". FYI, JK is not used to lie in her interviews. But oh well.

Quote:
I think so too Harry has seen Luna in a new light after the DoM events, and I'm sure that although he doesn't know it yet, he is as eager to get to know more about her as we are I just hope JKR won't forget to develope her character (like she did with the slytherins') but I seriously doubt she stated that Luna is one of her favourite new character
Ok, to not develop Luna's character would be a HUGE waste!!! But since she's not a Slytherin *yeah, that would be a risk, since the Slytherins are pretty much the bad ones ¬¬* I think it's a good step. Honestly, she had a CHAPTER with her name, we learned more about her than about characters who are there since book one...ok, WHY to not develop Luna??? Non-sense. She's too great to stay in the background.

Quote:
Which reminds me that JKR called Luna the anti Hermione. We know that Harry's and Hermione's personality clash and don't complement eachother. Now Luna, being the anti-Hermione...I'm not continuining
You better not to And say ITA would be a understatement.

Quote:
for Ron when defending Hermione Shame on you, Kloves!
Don't even go there!!! There are some Kloves' things that I will never understand.

Quote:
I will show you my recent one if you do too
BLACKMAIL!!! Ok, I will. One day

Quote:
me neither but we should express how good the visionary love actually is
Perhaps we can change it a bit, something like:
Visionary love - pretty much like a mindblowing orgasm. But oh well, that's just a thought.

I should stop quote/comment the whole post, but it's stronger than me. Can't blame great minds
Old 03-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello all!! ANA , you have scoliosis??? Sorry to hear that, but at least you are ok!!! We all have our ailments....I can vouch for that one !!! And you got cast in a musical? That's pretty cool....You did seem to have quite an interesting day!!!

And I am glad Gabi that you like the whole orgasm title....But I do agree withANA that we could change it up a bit...(and there is no need for anyone to run for the hills because I totally agree...hehe!!) I like the Visionary Love=Much like a midblowing orgasm ...hehe...maybe that title will get some more people interested in this thread!! Haha!! How about ...Things I love...Mindblowing Orgasms and Harry and Luna... ??? I dunno just trying to brainstorm here....

And yes I agree also that that ananlysis I posted is better suited towards R/Hr.....All that crazy bickering?? Mad sexual tension ...It's so obvious!! After all they are the most obvious ship of them all!! Yet soooome groups of people...who shall remain nameless..are blind to that...even after many , many JKR quotes that state that Harry and the girl who shall remain nameless are strictly platonic.

But the whole idea of Harry starting to stick up for Luna now is such a great thing. I hope we see alot of that in the next book. After all he, better than anyone really, knows what it's like to be an outcast so if he DIDN'T stick up for Luna it would kinda make him a hypocrite..Which I don't think JKR would make him...So I can only forsee many more visionary moments to come.....Yippy!!! Besides I firmly believe we will learn more about Luna in the next book or so because why lay down before us such a rich character development only to use it as a plot contrivance(.ie. she gets Harry's story published in the Quibbler). I think we did learn much more about her in such a short time that it would be a waste for her to dissappear...and I would be surprised if she didn't play into the larger scheme of things!!

Anyways ..what's up with this hair thang?? What ?? Ana did you like..shave it off or something??? Am I missing something?? alright...later!!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Steph, I have scoliosis but is just a bit. Blame my hours of geekness in front of the PC. Well, and I found out that I have a leg shorter than the other O.o

Quote:
How about ...Things I love...Mindblowing Orgasms and Harry and Luna... ??? I dunno just trying to brainstorm here....
If you don't mind, let me change a bit: Visionaries [H/L] #3 - Things we love: H/L and mindblowing orgasms Officially we have this suggestion, and this one:

Visionaries [H/L] #3 - Visionary love - pretty much like a mindblowing orgasm

And Steph, about the whole nameless thing...ITA baby!!! But I rather not to wake up my evil side again this soon You're great, btw

Quote:
After all he, better than anyone really, knows what it's like to be an outcast so if he DIDN'T stick up for Luna it would kinda make him a hypocrite..Which I don't think JKR would make him...
So absolutely true!!! It's not that Harry suppose to defend every good-person-in-danger, but Luna was there for him when he needed and she barely knew him. She deserves his friendship and I'm sure he deserves hers.

Quote:
Anyways ..what's up with this hair thang?? What ?? Ana did you like..shave it off or something??? Am I missing something?? alright...later!!
Not that much--- I used to be dark blonde with a really long hair, and now it's really short and red. Loving it!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah Steph, I have scoliosis but is just a bit. Blame my hours of geekness in front of the PC.
You couldn't of gotten that from the computer could you have?? If that's the case tha all us *geeks* should have it too!! lol....

Quote:
If you don't mind, let me change a bit: Visionaries [H/L] #3 - Things we love: H/L and mindblowing orgasms Officially we have this suggestion, and this one:

Hey both of them sound pretty good to me!! No matter how you change it up it still gets the point across, and that's all that matters!!

Quote:
And Steph, about the whole nameless thing...ITA baby!!! But I rather not to wake up my evil side again this soon
LOL...OK I'll try not to reawaken your evil side......*try* being the key word here...*try*....

Quote:
You're great, btw
Awww thanx a million!! Right back at cha'!!

Quote:
So absolutely true!!! It's not that Harry suppose to defend every good-person-in-danger, but Luna was there for him when he needed and she barely knew him. She deserves his friendship and I'm sure he deserves hers.
Couldn't say it better myself!!

Quote:
Not that much--- I used to be dark blonde with a really long hair, and now it's really short and red. Loving it!!!
WOW!! That is quite a change...What made you decide to do sucha drastic change?? I recently died my hair red too...more like an auburn really, nothing fire engine red or anything...but it's cool I like it!!! But no super short cuts for me...I have curly hair and if I go too short I risk looking like a poodle!!

Alright..sayonara!!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

What's my favorite kind of car??

BUMP=ER cars.....vroooooom!!

Where's everybody?? Oh well..I am off to go enjoy my friday night, take care!!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello Visionaries

I'm so happy to see that H/L has a thread! I used to lurk here (at Fan Forum) a lot, but I never felt like posting and stuff. Especially because I'm not into the whole ship thing. Well, I wasn't, until I fell in love with H/L. I never thought about romance in HP (even with the obvious romance-to-be of Ron and Hermione) and I never really cared. But when Luna appeared...OH.MY.GOD. I was like "FINALLY a girl for Harry!!! And finally I have a HP ship that I really care about!!!" I was in heaven. Except for Han/Leia (and now H/L) I'm not really a shipper but I really want to talk about Harry/Luna.

Oh, sorry about any grammar mistake, English is not my native language.

Well, that's it. Oh, and naturally, I really want to be added to the list
Old 03-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Total Fan

hello my lovely visionaries!
my first week back at school after spring break has been...eh, ok. it's school, what are ya gonna do?

i love the johnny/kate pics a few pages back. very cute, and very older!Harry/Luna.

Quote:
if we can get away with it, my vote is for this one.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 03-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkeymonkey1981
You couldn't of gotten that from the computer could you have?? If that's the case tha all us *geeks* should have it too!! lol....
Nope. Well, there's the whole thing about bad posture but it's pretty much because I have one leg shorter than the other. Freak

Quote:
WOW!! That is quite a change...What made you decide to do sucha drastic change?? I recently died my hair red too...more like an auburn really, nothing fire engine red or anything...but it's cool I like it!!! But no super short cuts for me...I have curly hair and if I go too short I risk looking like a poodle!!
You know, I really don't know. I was so tired of being that same dark-blonde girl with that giant hair that made me look like a bigot or something...I needed to change, besides long hair gives a lot of work and I'm very lazy when it comes to appearance. Anyway, it was really good for my self esteem, everyone loved and most important, I loved And BTW, I *heart* curly hair!!! Curly and auburn, you hair must look beautiful!!!

Sam, we missed you, baby!!! *muaaah* And speaking of the title, I'll ask the mods if it's okay to use it.

*Lenore*, my dear, much, much welcome!!! We love newbies and the fact that H/L made you a shipper is SO great!!! BTW, what a great coincidence---I'm a Han/Leia shipper too!!! Became one like...yesterday!!! I watched Star Wars IV, V and VI for the first time yesterday/today, pretty much because everyone keep talking about how H/L look like R/Hr---and because I had hopes that the first movies were better than the last ones. I couldn't be happier, the movies are great and H/L is absolutely lovely. Anyway, welcome again! Oh, English is not my native language either, where are you from?

Adding you to the list right now!!!

P.S.: Is your name Lenore or you use this nickname because of the Living Dead Girl? Either way, I *heart* Lenore!!! And I *heart* this name!
Old 03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
*Lenore*, my dear, much, much welcome!!! We love newbies and the fact that H/L made you a shipper is SO great!!! BTW, what a great coincidence---I'm a Han/Leia shipper too!!! Became one like...yesterday!!! I watched Star Wars IV, V and VI for the first time yesterday/today, pretty much because everyone keep talking about how H/L look like R/Hr---and because I had hopes that the first movies were better than the last ones. I couldn't be happier, the movies are great and H/L is absolutely lovely. Anyway, welcome again! Oh, English is not my native language either, where are you from?
Hi Ana! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad you're a H/L shipper too and that is a great coincidence We can talk about H/L, although they actually look like R/Hr, not H/L. Oh, this whole thing is confusing, with both H/L And I'm Brazilian, btw.

Quote:
P.S.: Is your name Lenore or you use this nickname because of the Living Dead Girl? Either way, I *heart* Lenore!!! And I *heart* this name!
That's actually my name. I love the Living Dead Girl but I loathe my name. Anyway, glad to know that someone here likes it
Old 03-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lenore*
Hi Ana! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad you're a H/L shipper too and that is a great coincidence We can talk about H/L, although they actually look like R/Hr, not H/L. Oh, this whole thing is confusing, with both H/L And I'm Brazilian, btw.
Eu também!!! Sou cearense baby e você?

Ok, back to English----well, we can try to find things in common between H/L and H/L...I can't think of anything right now, though. OR, we can think of other couples that reminds of H/L. I'm afraid to think that H/L is not one of them...and you're right, the whole H/L² IS confusing!

Quote:
That's actually my name. I love the Living Dead Girl but I loathe my name. Anyway, glad to know that someone here likes it
Don't do that!!! Your name is so beautiful and strong!!! There is someone here who LOVES your name