Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

49 days for me

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

50 for me??

Icon by sourburst
Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love that vid!

tumblr
Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I just had the most frustrating HP conversation.

I hate when people say that Ron’s jealousy over Harry and Hermione started in Deathly Hallows. They need to re-read OOTP you can see the precise moment Ron starts to really wonder if there’s anything going on between them. Harry even picks up on it, he just doesn’t know what he’s seeing.

It's called reading between the lines!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

did you hve this conversation with people who read the books? I am asking because I stopped discussing HP with movie-only people

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

All I remember is Hermione telling Harry he's not a bad kisser, and Ron going "and how would you know?"

Looking back, I guess that could have been a sign. But I never thought of Harry and Hermione in that way, and didn't pick up on what Ron meant by it.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
did you hve this conversation with people who read the books? I am asking because I stopped discussing HP with movie-only people
Yes, they read the books which is why it was so frustrating!

Then she accused me of being a Harry Potter snob when I started pointing things out to her. I never! pfft HP snob, well if I was going to be a snob about something what better then HP but thats not the point, She should have never said anything if she wasn't 100% sure of what she was talking about. I mean really, and to someone she knew was completely obsessed. Her head would explode if she ever came here.

Last edited by Pynki; 05-26-2011 at 11:36 PM
Old 05-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yes and don't worry, it's in a good way because I love reliving these moments.

When I read that part I was like "Ron left? He really left ? What is going on?" I was a bit panicky and was dying to find out what chapter he came back on I had to check.
Hehe glad I can help ya relive them I'm have a blast reading for first time and yeah that's seem how Hermione was ' is Ron really gone?' The aftermath of him leaving is SO sad she was delaying their departure in case he came back. Her head would shoot up in hope he was coming back anytime she heard a noise outside so desperate to have him back.

She's so distraught when they leave the minute they diaspparate to their new location she instantly drops Harrys hand and collapsing on a rock and just cries into her hands. Harry has to do the enchancements cause she's too distraught too and at night when she thinks Harry is asleep she cries and he can still hear her. So sad her eyes all red and puffy all the time and Harry won't even mention his name around her knowing it'll upset her. Poor thing is just a mess without her Ron there.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I actually loved this SL very much. I know it is also used against Ron, which again I don't understand, because I totally get where he was coming from. At that point Ron didn't feel just like Harry's sidekick anymore. They where total equals and Ron felt like his point also has to be voiced. Harry, however, sticked to his own plan and he had a lot of things to deal with at that point so I do get where he was coming from as well, but - the fact still reminds, Harry didn't want to listen, he yelled at Ron as he usually does. I mean, Ron was always there for him, listening to Harry's constant pessimistic and desperate thoughts and accepting it, however, when he himself was desperate, Harry didn't want to listen to him. Don't get me wrong, I do inderstand Harry too, I understand what he felt and how hard it was for him, I understand them both. They both where wrong and right at the same time.
Oh believe me, tons of talks have been discussed about Ron being too hard on Harry and reacting that way. While having the necklace is considered a huge factor, I also think that he cared enough about his best friend to have that fight. I mean, are there friends who never fight or have misunderstandings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMioneRomance (View Post)
Here is a BTS shot I capped of a Youtube vid, I had never seen this before. Anyone know from where or when this is perhaps?
Link goes to my Tumblr Post.
2007 Teen Vogue photoshoot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynki (View Post)
Her head would explode if she ever came here.
Tell her to come here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
She's so distraught when they leave the minute they diaspparate to their new location she instantly drops Harrys hand and collapsing on a rock and just cries into her hands. Harry has to do the enchancements cause she's too distraught too and at night when she thinks Harry is asleep she cries and he can still hear her. So sad her eyes all red and puffy all the time and Harry won't even mention his name around her knowing it'll upset her. Poor thing is just a mess without her Ron there.
It was a very sad time for Hermione. She needed Ron to be there, it wasn't enough that her best friend was around. Ron's THE LOVE OF HER LIFE and he wasn't around. How incredibly sad was that?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
All I remember is Hermione telling Harry he's not a bad kisser, and Ron going "and how would you know?"

Looking back, I guess that could have been a sign. But I never thought of Harry and Hermione in that way, and didn't pick up on what Ron meant by it.
Thats not a sign, Thats exactly it! That whole conversation is what has Ron seriously wonder.
Quote:
Just as he had decided not to say anything, Hermione took matters out of his hands.
“Is it Cho?” she asked in a businesslike way. “Did she corner you after the meeting?” Numbly surprised, Harry nodded. Ron sniggered, breaking off when Hermione caught his eye. “So — er — what did she want?” he asked in a mock casual voice.

“She —” Harry began, rather hoarsely; he cleared his throat and
tried again. “She — er —”
“Did you kiss?” asked Hermione briskly.
Hermione is the one that starts the conversation about Harry and Cho. Then theres the whole How do you know thing. That obviously makes Ron think they had kissed before.
Quote:
“Ron,” said Hermione in a dignified voice, dipping the point of herquill into her ink pot, “you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” said Ron indignantly. “What sort
of person cries while someone’s kissing them?”
“Yeah,” said Harry, slightly desperately, “who does?”
Hermione looked at the pair of them with an almost pitying expression on her face.
“Don’t you understand how Cho’s feeling at the moment?” she asked.
“No,” said Harry and Ron together.
Both Harry and Ron don't understand but It's Ron she insults.

Quote:
“Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t
mean we all have,” said Hermione nastily, picking up her quill again.
Here is when it really starts to get serious for Ron.
Quote:
“She was the one who started it,” said Harry. “I wouldn’t’ve — she just sort of came at me — and next thing she’s crying all over me — I didn’t know what to do —”
I'm sure after that artical in GoF that said Harry and Hermione had a something going on put the idea in Ron's head but he waves it off because he was pretty sure Harry fancies Cho. But here Harry makes it sound as if he doesn't, that he didn't want to kiss her. Ron could be thinging something along the lines of "why wouldn't Harry want a girl he fancies to 'come at him' unless he doesn't fancie her. And if he doesnt fancy Cho maybe the artical in forth year was right and Harry fancie Hermione."

Quote:
“Don’t blame you, mate,” said Ron, looking alarmed at the very thought.
What thought? Is he alarmed at the thought of a crying girl? Maybe. Alarmed at the idea of a girl you don't really fancies "coming at you"? possibly. Alarmed that Harry might fancy Hermione instead? Yes, and here your proof

Quote:
“Oh well,” said Hermione distantly, buried in her letter once more, “you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask her. . . .”

“What if he doesn’t want to ask her?” said Ron, who had been watching Harry with an unusually shrewd expression on his face.
There you have it people the precise moment Ron seriously begins to think Harry might fancie Hermione. you can almost hear Ron mentally add "What if it's Hermione he rather ask."

But heres the iceing on the cake.

Quote:
“Don’t be silly,” said Hermione vaguely, “Harry’s liked her for ages,
haven’t you, Harry?”
He did not answer
Hermione flat out askes Harry is he fancies Cho and Harry doesn't answer. Effectivly confirming Ron's fears. He does not fancie Cho and the reason Harry staied quite was because he was asked by the girl he does fancie. This becomes too much for Ron to handel so what does he do?

Quote:
“Who’re you writing the novel to anyway?” Ron asked Hermione,
trying to read the bit of parchment now trailing on the floor.
Hermione hitched it up out of sight.
Changes the subject.

Only he is reminded about his other competition.

Quote:
“What does she see in Krum?” Ron demanded as he and Harry
climbed the boys’ stairs.
“Well,” said Harry, considering the matter, “I s’pose he’s older, isn't he . . . and he’s an international Quidditch player. . . .”
“Yeah, but apart from that,” said Ron, sounding aggravated. “I
mean he’s a grouchy git, isn’t he?”
Harry gives Ron two Reasons why Hermione cound possibly like Krum. He's older, but thats nothing really but the next... He's a famous Quidditch star. Harry's famous and the gryffindor Quidditch star. No womder Ron is so aggravated. One of the things Hermione sees in Krum, someone she dated, could be said about Harry. This might not seem like a big deal but lets fast foward to HBP

Quote:
“Wow, you like your Quidditch players, don’t you? First Krum, then McLaggen . . .”
“I like really good Quidditch players,” Hermione corrected her, still smiling.

Last edited by Pynki; 05-27-2011 at 01:20 AM
Old 05-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I just love them together
Old 05-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

Hermione can be just as insecure and jealous as Ron can.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

great post, Pynki

Old 05-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Pynki, amazing post Totally shows Ron's unsecurities and other ideas about Harry and Hermione relationship that was always there through the series and it's not even written between the lines, it was made pretty clear by JKR. And I love how Harry always tried to not make Ron even think that something could ever happen between him and Hermione.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 05-27-2011, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Post kiss baby!!!

Icon by sourburst
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top