Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 09:05 PM
CHH
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I honestly don't find the "You listen to me, Harry Potter!" moment very out of character. Of course, it is not a canon moment but it is impossible to keep everything like in canon. I think it was not even about Luna, but a fact that Harry actually listened to her when she told him to. People never seemed to be able to make him listen when he wasn't about to do it, but Luna wasn't like other people, she knows how to make things go her way without really trying
I just found Luna yelling at anyone weird because in neither the movies nor the books was she shown to be the sort of person to raise her voice in order to make her point.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHH (View Post)
I just found Luna yelling at anyone weird because in neither the movies nor the books was she shown to be the sort of person to raise her voice in order to make her point.
Yes, the fact of yelling was pretty weird, but I guess the context of it and the point of it still kept it in character.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Moderator Manager

It didn't really bother me about Luna's yelling. There was a war going on, everything was so chaotic, how was she (or even anyone for that matter) gonna get Harry to listen to her? They've already added that scene up anyway so to me, oh well.

Videos: Rupert Grint, Evanna Lynch on voicing for Deathly Hallows: Part 2 video game - SnitchSeeker.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah Luna shouting didn't seem that odd to me. If it was at any other time then Luna probably would have shrugged and walked away. But there was a war on and he needed to listen to her.

I really liked the scene with the wind chimes. She says that muggles believe it keeps evil away but they're wrong. The old Luna, before being kidnapped, would have probably believed it. But she's just spent weeks (months?) imprisoned and possibly tortured and she's become more cynical. Such a small scene but it conveys a lot.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I think it was not even about Luna, but a fact that Harry actually listened to her when she told him to. People never seemed to be able to make him listen when he wasn't about to do it, but Luna wasn't like other people, she knows how to make things go her way without really trying
Several people in canon, including Luna, were at one time or another able to get Harry to listen to them when he wasn't at first inclined to, so the fact she got his attention wasn't my issue. It's just that the way they had her do it didn't seem true to her character to me. I just wish they'd kept her more in character; she wasn't even acting like herself.

But I won't complain too much; Luna unfortunately wasn't even in the movie much, so I'll take what I can get. I liked her final scene in the movie, where she just wordlessly and calmly sat down on the steps, more or less unruffled by what had just transpired. So Luna.

Bonnie's Army | Harry ღ Ginny | Icon by sanya4 on LJ
Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

I think this scene was supposed to represent that Luna, no matter how unusial and dreamy and extraordinary she could be, was still a human being and after everything she went through in addition to the war going on she just acted like any normal human being. And yet of course she stayed Luna. So I kind of didn't have issues with that scene.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion1919 (View Post)
I really liked the scene with the wind chimes. She says that muggles believe it keeps evil away but they're wrong. The old Luna, before being kidnapped, would have probably believed it. But she's just spent weeks (months?) imprisoned and possibly tortured and she's become more cynical. Such a small scene but it conveys a lot.
It breaks my heart to even think of Luna being tortured. I still do think that even if she was kidnapped, she will always be Luna in her approach to life.

Mary: I would really love to see more scenes of her battling it out in DH2. That was probably my only Luna wish in this movie.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Luna is so awesome. I wish I could be more like her. I can be weird too sure but I wish I had her honesty and like how she's not oblivious of what others think of her but at the same time she has this calm way of not caring anyway. Or maybe you understand what I'm trying to say.

Add me to the list, will you?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Sure and welcome to the thread!

Evanna at the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London yesterday.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 08-15-2011 at 08:40 AM
Old 08-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Lindsay!

Awww the Lion hat
Old 08-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Moderator Manager

I've been posting artdungeon arts all over now and I just had to post this here.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww Evanna looks so gorgeous in the lion hat picture

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

the art and the pic of Evanna with the lion hat. She pulls it off well.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Moderator Manager

Evanna Lynch! I hope you had the best day ever and above all, thank you for being the perfect Luna.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

credit

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top