Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That comes out in 2009, yet HBP comes out this year....conspiracy.
No conspiracy Kevin, Batman and Terminator Salvation have a common denominator: Christian Bale. It makes a whole lot of sense to promote his next film with his current one.

As far as ComicCon is concerned, WB has not scheduled anything to do with HP in their panels, they have one for Watchmen and another for Terminator: Salvation. However, Hugh Jackman turned up by surprise at the Fox presentation today to promote Wolverine and show a teaser trailer ( I've heard there is nakedHugh, excuse me while I swoon), and that was not programmed for that event, Fox had only listed that they would be promoting "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and "Max Payne". Therefore it is possible WB could pull the same stunt with HP at one of their panels over the next couple of days, so we will just have to wait and see.

Leaky has announced that they are holding a LeakyMug with Andrew from Mugglenet who they have met up with at ComicCon. Now they have pulled this together today with only two days notice and I can't help but think this is because they have finally been given the go ahead to give their teaser podcast on HBP. In the past they have done their teaser podcast as a LeakyMug with Andrew as he has also done set visits to the films.

Melissa has also said on her new Leakyblog that this time she will also be writing about it in her blog, as some people have whinged and complained about her not doing this since she started podcasting. One of the reasons for this is lately by the time they get the go ahead to give their full reports, all the news is out there anyway. If she does blog this time for her teaser report she will only be allowed a couple of paragraphs, whereas they are allowed to talk for 10 minutes on podcast.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Total Fan

To be fair though I can understand people wanting a written report to. When it comes down to it not everyone likes PotterCast. I've only listened to a couple. And, then of course we have people who have hard of hearing, etc.

I remember for either OotP or GoF, when people did complain Melissa and John did a lot of whinging themselves. Stuff like "you're ruining the enjoyment of this for us!" which made me roll my eyes.

Do they even give their full reports at all? Even in PotterCast where they've interviewed everyone? I haven't noticed for the past two films but like I said I hardly listen to PC. But, yeah there's times when I think Leaky forgets the only reason they get to do the set visits is to report back to their fans. And, not all of them like PotterCast at all.

ETA: UHP is saying that WB France has told them the trailer will debut online on America AOL site on Tuesday.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr

Last edited by iamFez; 07-25-2008 at 03:48 AM
Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 AM
Total Fan

Larger and clearer shot of Harry from the game cover!

Tumblr
Old 07-25-2008, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Harry looks so good! And the cave, omg!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fez, you make good points about the Pottercasters not providing what they promise and tease us with in the past. I think all of us get caught up in the flurry of news when it comes out that we forget that they've dropped the ball a few times. Hopefully they'll have learned from their past mistakes. And since I subscribe to their podcast I'll be listening regardless.

Still uber excited about Tuesday. And yes Skylines, as Sanum said, we'll be able to use any images in the trailer in icons.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I get your point Fez, and Melissa has promised this time will be different. I think last time they didn't put everything up but a lot of that had to do with the craziness of trying to cover both the book release and the film release.

Yes, they are there for the fans, and that should be their first priority but given the craziness last year I am prepared to cut them a little slack.

As far as Pottercast is concerned, they do put out a transcript of it so people who don't want to listen can read it there, and they are allowed more material in the podcast teaser than they are in a written teaser, but I do understand that not everybody likes listening to Pottercast. I usually only tune in to those bits I am interested in, and I don't listen every week.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilyweed (View Post)
Yes, they are there for the fans, and that should be their first priority but given the craziness last year I am prepared to cut them a little slack.
Yeah, but the thing is I'm sure they did the same thing with GoF. I remember that they didn't do the set report on that film because they said something about it being too late and everyone knew everything already.

Basically sometimes I feel like Leaky does think they're bigger than they are so to speak. It's not like I'm against the site. I visit it at least a dozen times a day But, yeah, I'd be okay with it if they had only done it with OotP since DH came out within two weeks of each other. But, the fact that they also did it with GoF that didn't have a book come out at the same time makes me feel that sometimes they just get plain lazy over there and take their visitors for granted.

Now that we have the game cover, trailer coming, and previews of other products anyone else think we're gonna get tons of stuff next week? I think we'll get the poster and website too! Or at least I'm hoping we'll might!

Tumblr
Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait till the Website goes live!
I love you
meghan
Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

I think with the trailer coming next week they really need to release the poster and the website.

With TDK out of the way they have no more excuses, well none that I am willing to make for them, lol.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

True. TDK was their other massive movie of the year, now it's definitely time to focus on HBP.
I love you
meghan
Old 07-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Loyal Fan

I meant to put this in my earlier post. As far as Leaky is concerned, I certainly see your point Fez, and I have often had that thought myself about them sometimes getting a bit carried away with the access they get. However I am starting to get the feeling that the whole Steve business has brought everybody clattering back to earth and facing up to some of the issues of being a fan with access to Jo, the filmmakers etc. I think that is what has helped bring about Melissa's acceptance that maybe they could have handled things a bit better in the past.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Moderator Manager

this is a great banner by Lucrezia! they look so concentrated its gonna be the death of us seeing whatever scene they're talking about.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I really can't wait to see that scene!
I love you
meghan
Old 07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

NECA Ginny! From Comic Con

And Harry!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Awesome! Doesn't really look like Bonnie though!
I love you
meghan
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top