Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Uh, random, but I'm gonna take a stab...Bailey, your sudden Aurorness...April fools?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know what you are talking about.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

So apprarently:

In a particularly distasteful and lewd display, Potter tries to tempt the rightfully furious Angel by raising his pant leg and showing him his nude ankle. In this way the Harry Potter books contribute to the hidden gay agenda. When this temptation is refused, he has a malignant house spirit who embodies all the evils of stem-cell research curse the angel down.

I was under the impression that Harry was pointing out that he was no longer wearing his sock. And also Harry is the anti-christ, Voldemort is God, Tom Tiddle is Jesus and Lucious Malfoy is an angel....
Old 04-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Passionate Fan

My goodness, Ben. You do find the oddest things. I was also under the impression that Harry was merely showing Lucius that he was not wearing a sock. If Voldemort the murderous is God, Lucius would surely be an angel or a saint.

I've always wanted to try the food from Harry Potter. Magically made food must be wonderful!

As for the prophecy, Dumbldore has a nasty habit of not telling everybody everything. I don't think that they realized the prophecy was important to the Potters until they were attacked after already being in hiding. They didn't know the prophecy was about Harry until Voldemort marked him.

~Chrissy~
Old 04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah yes but Dumbledore saw there was potential that it could be Harry. You'd think with James and Lily being the gifted wizard and witch they were they could of benefited from knowing the whole prophecy. No wonder his name is DUMBledore. er that was rude, sorry.

And here's a thought. Now that he has told Harry. Do you think other Order members know now? McGonagall, Moody, Snape etc? Do you think they'll start treating Harry differently now that he's their only hope. Or have they've known all along?

Ben I don't know if I should laugh or be really scared at that article.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ADARA*

Is anybody else miffed about Ron being prefect because Dumbledore was worried about giving Harry the responsibility. How about Ron actually deserving it? I mean yeah that's a stretch but it's like hey Ron why don't you be second best to Harry again and be prefect because we're too worried about him to give it to him. Poor Ron, if he was a girl I would say always a bridesmaid and never a bride but he's a boy so yeah...
Well I was pissed at him saying that but for a different reason. I think Harry did deserve to be prefect more then Ron. I know it is harsh but Ron just isn't a leader like Harry is. Harry's grades are better and he is more serious. I just hope that Harry gets Head Boy because he deserves it.

As for Percy being a Death Eater I don't think he would ever do that. For the reason he loves rules too much and the Death Eaters are against all of his rules.

Ben that article is too weird kind of scary too.

Sirus wand I agree Dumbledore gave him a wand or maybe he got one in the black market.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 04-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I think Ron & Harry are pretty much even in their schoolwork. Neither of them find it quite as appealing as Hermione does and so they trudge through it like any other disintierested school kid. I wasn't quite sure that prefect selection was heavily based on grade, either. Harry should've been a prefect because he's Harry and that's what we expect of him. He breaks too many rules and he's got too much on his plate already for people to expect him to do more. As I've said before, Ron being a prefect furthers the storyline quite nicely.

I know we brought this up last thread but what do you all think of Luna Lovegood?

~Chrissy~
Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

It breaks my heart a little that there are people who can back up the actions of such a god.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Passionate Fan

It is kinda scary that there are so many different groups that interpret Harry Potter one way or another as evil this God that. Can't a book just be a book without having ties to Satan or Jesus? For once, can something from pop culture just be, and not be scrutinized?

I'm so tired of all the religious groups saying it's Satanic and teaching witchcraft to children and whatnot. I'm even more sick of the Satanic groups and whatnot actually agreeing to that bull and saying that that's what the books really are about.

It's simply disgusting that they could construe the books in these ways.

Anyways, If Harry Potter had a theme song that was a song with lyrics and whatnot, what do you think it would be? I've got The Killers "Mr Brightside" stuck in my head but I don't think that'd be a very suitable HP theme song, do you?

~Chrissy~
Old 04-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Luna pretty much was the most prefectly placed new character in OotP. She gives such a fresh, new perspective to life that Harry and his crew really needs. A person that thinks out side the box and beats to her own drum. I love her. Hopefully, we'll lots more of her.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm going to kill this fly ad, it's really quite annoying.

I agree with baileycat that Luna was the best new character in OotP. I think it's pretty rad that Harry can connect with her. She made him not think that he was crazy because she could see thestrals too... he wasn't sure he believed her at first but she's really not crazy. I think it's horrible how people torment her. Hopefully he'll totally stick up for her besides helping her to find her stuff. Who wants to mess with a girl who's got Harry Potter sticking up for her?

~Chrissy~
Old 04-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm so tired of all the religious groups saying it's Satanic and teaching witchcraft to children and whatnot. I'm even more sick of the Satanic groups and whatnot actually agreeing to that bull and saying that that's what the books really are about.
~Chrissy~
My step sister thinks the books are evil. Here is the thing that PISSES me off. She hasn't even bothered reading the books or watching the movies. You can say it didn't go down well when she pointed to my HP book collection and told me she thought they were evil....

As for Luna I find her actually pretty annoying. The less of her the better IMO.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

I kind of liked Luna too. Fresh blood! She's just so weird and interesting.. I hope there'll be a lot of her in the next book!

Have you guys read the fic Politically Correct Harry Potter? It kind of pokes fun at all that stuff you guys were talking about (how HP=Satanism, etc). It's too bad it hasn't been updated.. ever.

Quote:
And here's a thought. Now that he has told Harry. Do you think other Order members know now? McGonagall, Moody, Snape etc? Do you think they'll start treating Harry differently now that he's their only hope. Or have they've known all along?
I'd hope they start treating him differently (there's only so much time left!). I think that now that the war has begun they really can't afford to keep anything else from him or treat him differently. It hasn't really done them much good as of late.

I'm not sure if you guys already talked about this, but I'm really interested in what Snape is up to. I'd also love to see more of his past. I don't know how well that'd advance the plot, but I think it'd be cool to see why he's the way he is. If Harry and Snape ever have to work together, do you think they'd be able to do it? Their hatred for each other runs so deep...
Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Passionate Fan

I went out with a guy once for about two weeks. His family had this thing where girlfriends/boyfriends go to church with the family and so I did and I went to his youth group meetings and stuff. It was all great until I asked if anybody had read Harry Potter. They all decided that I was Satanic, having read the books of the devil and all. I had to call my brother to come get me because they wanted to dunk me in this huge tank of water to purify me or something and I wasn't having it. I told them that their beliefs were not shared by me but I would respect them if they respected me and I chose to leave.

That guy told me that he'd only talk to me again if I burned my books with his family. I told him that was an awful reason not to talk to somebody and we haven't talked since. No big loss though, if they're that close minded then I can be close minded too and not want anything to do with them.

I really think Luna added to the storyline. She probably won't be as big as most people hope she will be but she reminds me of me. If you mixed her craziness with Hermione you'd get me but British. I really think she helped in OotP getting Harry's story out and alot in the DoM. I have no idea what he would've done without her there. Orchestrating the thestrals for transportation would have been horrid enough to do on his own... speaking of- I cannot imagine riding something I couldn't see. I would be beyond scared. Poor Ron must have been petrified. Did Ginny go to the DoM? I don't remember...

Quote:
I'm not sure if you guys already talked about this, but I'm really interested in what Snape is up to. I'd also love to see more of his past. I don't know how well that'd advance the plot, but I think it'd be cool to see why he's the way he is. If Harry and Snape ever have to work together, do you think they'd be able to do it? Their hatred for each other runs so deep...
Snape tried to teach harry Occlumency. I'm sure once he gets over the whole invasion of his privacy thing that he would work with Harry if he had to. I'm with you on the wanting to know more about him. I doubt JKR will be able to work his entire history into the books though. I wish she'd write a short series on the Marauders & Snape. That would be super!!!

~Chrissy~
Old 04-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I went out with a guy once for about two weeks. His family had this thing where girlfriends/boyfriends go to church with the family and so I did and I went to his youth group meetings and stuff. It was all great until I asked if anybody had read Harry Potter. They all decided that I was Satanic, having read the books of the devil and all. I had to call my brother to come get me because they wanted to dunk me in this huge tank of water to purify me or something and I wasn't having it. I told them that their beliefs were not shared by me but I would respect them if they respected me and I chose to leave.

That guy told me that he'd only talk to me again if I burned my books with his family. I told him that was an awful reason not to talk to somebody and we haven't talked since. No big loss though, if they're that close minded then I can be close minded too and not want anything to do with them.
~Chrissy~
OMFG that is awful!! I would of been pissed. First the idea of burning any book is one that pisses me off. And WTF they wanted to purify you?? Better off without someone like that. *nods*

I would love to know more about Snape. I think he and Harry will be forced to work together more closely in the upcoming books. They will have to find a way to get over their hatred of each other. If they had both trusted each other more in the last book there is a good chance Sirus would still be alive. Harry would of learned Occlumency or Harry would of felt more comfortable going straight to Snape when he had the dream about Sirus.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top