View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
*ADARA*
Passionate Fan

I went out with a guy once for about two weeks. His family had this thing where girlfriends/boyfriends go to church with the family and so I did and I went to his youth group meetings and stuff. It was all great until I asked if anybody had read Harry Potter. They all decided that I was Satanic, having read the books of the devil and all. I had to call my brother to come get me because they wanted to dunk me in this huge tank of water to purify me or something and I wasn't having it. I told them that their beliefs were not shared by me but I would respect them if they respected me and I chose to leave.

That guy told me that he'd only talk to me again if I burned my books with his family. I told him that was an awful reason not to talk to somebody and we haven't talked since. No big loss though, if they're that close minded then I can be close minded too and not want anything to do with them.

I really think Luna added to the storyline. She probably won't be as big as most people hope she will be but she reminds me of me. If you mixed her craziness with Hermione you'd get me but British. I really think she helped in OotP getting Harry's story out and alot in the DoM. I have no idea what he would've done without her there. Orchestrating the thestrals for transportation would have been horrid enough to do on his own... speaking of- I cannot imagine riding something I couldn't see. I would be beyond scared. Poor Ron must have been petrified. Did Ginny go to the DoM? I don't remember...

Quote:
I'm not sure if you guys already talked about this, but I'm really interested in what Snape is up to. I'd also love to see more of his past. I don't know how well that'd advance the plot, but I think it'd be cool to see why he's the way he is. If Harry and Snape ever have to work together, do you think they'd be able to do it? Their hatred for each other runs so deep...
Snape tried to teach harry Occlumency. I'm sure once he gets over the whole invasion of his privacy thing that he would work with Harry if he had to. I'm with you on the wanting to know more about him. I doubt JKR will be able to work his entire history into the books though. I wish she'd write a short series on the Marauders & Snape. That would be super!!!

~Chrissy~