Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

There could have been, I don't remember though.

I always thought the bad guys in HP were wimps, Draco Malfoy is just annoying, and Snape is a jerk, aren't I popular? Bellatrix is good though.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Snape is my favourite HP character

DOCTOR WHO IS GETTING A BOARD AFTER ALL! I am so freaking excited I am shaking
Old 08-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Snape's an interesting character, I just think he's a jerk.

I've been grinning from ear to ear ever since I heard!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Made this once

Merry Early Christmas
Old 01-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm... Well, I really really like him in the role and also the film version in itself too at least to a degree though I am sad they made him so purely evil, which he obviously wasn't in the book.

Tennant isn't fit to my image of Junior in either looks nor being. I'm not sure if he could've pulled off too well a more novel-faithful version of the character but I wish he had the chance to try.

Anyway, I truly like the film and Tennant's portrayal of the film version, even if not perfectly genuinely, as it does bother me a bit, the what they did to the Crouch family. Even so, the film-Junior is one essential reason why i love that film so much.

Check my Barty Jr. Fan Site.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Oooh, you made a fansite! Thanks for the link!

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 08-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, i originally made it in 2005 but it was closed for a while and re-opened in 2008, It's not that much to do with Tennant's Barty Jr. though of course he's an essential part of it.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

It's well done. Good job!

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 09-11-2010, 10:38 AM
CHH
Extreme Fan

Did the series David was in the pilot episode for not get picked up? I don't see him in any of the fall shows. Or is it a midseason replacement?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

I'm thinking it didn't get picked up. :/

Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
CHH
Extreme Fan

That's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him play someone who wasn't crazy or a Time Lord.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's been a long while since I last watched Goblet of Fire... So I was wondering if he had his Scottisch accent as Barty Jr.? 'Cause I don't recall hearing it and I think I'd remember if he did... Perhaps he hid it unlike in L.A. Without A Map but I don't see a reason why he would've because Rowling never said where Crouches lived/came from, they cuold easily have Scottish accent. xD

Perhaps he toned it down and as Barty Jr. has only short one-liners in the film... I missed the accent?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't consider the Harry Potter Wiki as reliable. Because according to its canon policy: if Rowling hasn't specifically denied something about a film in the books or in other words, whatever the films say is to be first and foremost promoted in the articles as a canon fact instead of the books' facts.

In my logic it should be the other way around. That the books' canon should be promoted first and foremost - exactly becasuse the books are the tier 1 canon and the movies only the tier 2 or 3 even - and because we can not be sure what about the films are from Rowling's hints and what are just the film makers' interpretations. By all chances it may be promoting as canon something that is totally fanon.

Apparently the Wiki's policy is that silence is a sign of agreement. I would rather trust words, because silence can have so many other reasons too. And how likely is it that Rowling would bother to point out everything that the film makers made different than her intent is? Not likely, because during the productions she already gave them everything she felt necessary and whatever they made with it, they had the right to with the creative lisence. It seems to me Rowling has publicly commented only on mistakes that hold some special amusement or other feeling to her personally: such as the movie Dumbledore talking about a girl though in her intent Dumbledore was gay.

The Harry Potter Wiki says that Barty Crouch Jr. took part in the torture of the Longbottoms even though according to the book, he may have not and Rowling even put weight on it and never confirmed the truth. Did Rowling tell the film makers her intent and did they use it? We don't know, yet that Wiki chooses to promote the movie's decision as canon. Even though the film makers evidently turned Junior's character and the entire trial scene upside down anyway. What in the world makes them believe that it cared about the canon Junior in anything else either?

The way the Harry Potter Wiki is now, it makes the movies the main event and the tier 1 canon, even though that naturally should be the books.

Rowling and her intent is the true canon and thus the books she wrote and whatever she does say publicly should be the main source of canon facts, and not some random films we don't even know how much she was involved with.

A Wiki which policy trustes and first and foremost promotes a horribly unreliable, barely semi-official information instead of the tier 1 canon, is not something I would trust for canon matters.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still blows my mind that David played Barty
Old 02-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL, Sarah. This thread was bumped from oblivion but am I glad it was bumped. I'm currently catching up to Doctor Who.

David Tennant, Tom Hiddleston, and More Duke It Out at Today's WhatsOnStage Awards - Theater News - Feb 15, 2015

BBC Radio 4 - Radio 4 in Four, Just a minute, David Tennant

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top