Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Su- I am planning on to read OOTP before HBP comes out but I'm praying that there will be some HC-ness in it even though Jo seems to killed off our ship... I mean some people already thought that Cho played her role in Harry's life but I guess we may see "tid-bits" of her because she is will hopefully she still is part of Dumbeldore's Army... I'm going to a Midnight party for HBP, I really hope some dimwit doesn't spoil it by flipping to the end of the book and yelling, "OMG Harry kissed ___! AND ____ DIED!" Seriously, if someone did that... I seriously would kill that person...

lost lullaby
Here's the banner... hope you like it...
Old 06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh, Shetan, it's beautiful! I'll try to set everything up after work tomorrow.

As for Cho liking Cedric, I think a lot of boys at Hogwarts liked Cho. She seems like one of those girls that ALL the guys liked and girls alike - just because you just couldn't hate her. You know? So when Ced asked her, I also think (like you two) that she was just being nice and fair when she accepted. It'd be a huge blow to Ced if she said no and then waiting for Harry.. and especially since most of the school hated Harry, they would have turned on Cho too (I think.. you know, solidarity and whatnot).

When HBP comes out, I think I'm going to avoid this board for a couple of days. Or at least I'm going to try. I might stop by this thread cuz I know it won't be crazy... unless something favourable happens (and hopefully not unfavourable).

- -
Nellie
Old 06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Shetan - Beaaaautiful banner! All this talk of Dan getting a new film role and puckering up for his first screen kiss is making me quietly squee for OOTP since we'll get to see H/C kiss on screen! I hope they do anyway. Wouldnt want it to be like it was in the books where it just fades to black!

My HPHBP. I've ordered it through Amazon so it should be coming at 9 something in the morning. But I plan to read it the WHOLE DAY. it took my 10 hours to read OOTP in one sitting. Then I'll run into this thread and squee or cry depending on what happens. Of course I'll put spoilers spaces for anything that does happen!

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 06-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I really hope it's a "hot" kiss btw Dan and Katie... I have a feeling they will have the kiss on-screen because it's a movie... Gosh, is it just me or does it seem like it is going to take forever for GOF to come out?

OT: Are any of you excited for Memoirs of a Geisha movie? I AM!!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Hot?
Me too. It better be. I mean, we've waited long enough, it has to be!

Btw, I didn't get the community thingy done today. I'll try tomorrow after work. If not, I'll definitely get it done on the weekend. Ah, procrastination... my worst trait.

OT: I'm kind of excited for that movie. I just finished reading the book and I'm interested to see how it'll turn out.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I hoping it's beautifully shot! but I don't know... perhaps they'll go the realistic route where Harry doesn't seem to be knowing what he's doing. However it canonically says he was there for about half an hour or something so they must have been doing something right!!!!

As for memoirs - YES!!!! Cant wait til it comes out. I adore Ken Wanatabe!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I kinda am hoping that there will be some hand touching on face kinda thing...

As for Memoirs... Ken Wanatabe is so awesome! He's perfect... although I have to admit I get him mixed up with Chow Yun Fat...
Old 06-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Passionate Fan

By the way! I forgot to say your latest batch of icons are beautiful. I was just so mesmerised by Jake/Zhang Ziyi.

Ok movie questions. What scenes are you most looking forward to for OOTP and GOF?

For me in GOF, I know they probably won't include this but I really love the water sploshing scene at the beginning of the world cup and when Harry accidently shouts at her when she gives him his quill back. I think I'm actually going to enjoy the small brief scenes between them when they show the attraction. Course shouldnt forget the yule ball!

In OOTP - I'm definitely wanting the kiss and when Harry's watching Cho doing the pillow thing and her telling him that he's making her nervous!

Old 06-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Shetan - I'm in love with your icon! I saw the preview for that movie last night and simply cannot wait to see it! I mean Colin Farrell AND Christian Bale? Almost too good to be true.

As for scenes I'm eager to see:
GoF: Obviously when Harry asks Cho to the ball.
I want to also see Harry trying to avoid Cedric and Cho at the ball! I want to see his jealousy. *rubs hands together excitedly*

OotP: The kiss ( ) and Cho making up to Harry after their first fight. Hee.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Supreme Fan

wow i haven't been around for a long time.. stupid exams. so no news on katie? i thought (hoped) there would have been new pics of her in all this time

and i see dan has signed for a new movie.. can't wait to know who his co-stars will be

oohh a community in lj! i'll join X) now I feel like reading fanfics. i always read fanfics in summer, never in winter, i dont' knwo why. maybe it's because the first fanfic i ever read it was in may, i had discovered fanfiction.net and i printed 4 or 5 draco-ginny fics and went camping for 5 days and my life was basically get toasted in the sun and read now my subsconcious only relates fics with summer and i have to read in the sun

Quote:
I think certainly after GOF...there are going to be loads of C/H shippers
I agree

about the ships, I think harry will end up alone.. I mean I don't think he'll have any relationship in books 6 and 7, I just can't imagine it, with all he's suffering.. in my mind, harry appears depressed and fighting evil while people around him are the ones having relationships and an actual life... but that's just me of course I'd like Harry and Cho to have somethign more

Quote:
something bad was going to happen to one of them. Maybe that's why they can't be happy?
good point!

Quote:
I thought she said yes to him because she was a nice girl and he asked her first so she went along with it.
the same that I thought. Since PoA I thought Cho liked Harry, she looked at him constantly, smiled at him, blushed... if she was just curious about "oh-the-boy-who-lived-oh" she would have been like the rest of the students, looking at him from a corner like he was an alien, but there was something warm about Cho's expression to him

I'll always say that if Cho really was the hysterical and stupid girl that people say she is, Cedric would have never dated her for 1 year. Cedric was super intelligent (he was chosen by the goblet out of the whole Hogwarts!) and he would have never (I think) stayed with someone stupid

Quote:
All this talk of Dan getting a new film role and puckering up for his first screen kiss is making me quietly squee for OOTP since we'll get to see H/C kiss on screen! I hope they do anyway.
i just read that in December Boys, Dan's character will have a love interest, which in Hollywood movies it means kissing.. which makes me think we'll more than probably get a big HC kiss in OotP, yay!!

i haven't planned yet what i'll do when hbp comes out. It will come in english so I guess not a lot of people will buy it, I guess i'll go with my sister to barcelona to buy it and she'll make me read out loud and translate until I die

Quote:
Are any of you excited for Memoirs of a Geisha movie? I AM!
I haven't read the book and everyone says it's amazing. so i'll wait until i read it before watchign the movie
Old 06-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Alex
Quote:
I'll always say that if Cho really was the hysterical and stupid girl that people say she is, Cedric would have never dated her for 1 year. Cedric was super intelligent (he was chosen by the goblet out of the whole Hogwarts!) and he would have never (I think) stayed with someone stupid
I agree and do they know that Cho is a Ravenclaw which means that she is very intelligent... I hate when people call her dumb... she may be emotionally immature but certainly not stupid... I was thinking about how Harry and Cho are really simliar but now I think they're different in some ways.. Although sometimes I believe that Cho is really cool, I think she can be very obedient and servile to her friends as shown with Marietta. Marietta was clearly the wrongdoer but Cho chose to turn a blind eye... As for scenes in OOTP, I am looking forward to the end scene where Harry and Ron are playing chess and he sees her and all the fight scenes especially when he tells Cho that Marietta didn't just betray the DA but her... Hehe... Sexual tension

Quote:
about the ships, I think harry will end up alone.. I mean I don't think he'll have any relationship in books 6 and 7, I just can't imagine it, with all he's suffering.. in my mind, harry appears depressed and fighting evil while people around him are the ones having relationships and an actual life... but that's just me
I actually think he will... I'm not sure if it's a good thing... I mean I never really got into HP ships until my sister was crazy about H/Hr... Jo says that Harry might get two kisses... I'm thinking one of them is from X (Harry's new gf) and the other is maybe from Cho but it's probably for closure. I really hope Cho plays a role in HBP

Nellie
Quote:
I saw the preview for that movie last night and simply cannot wait to see it!
I think Colin Farrell and Ms. Kilcher will have incredible chemistry... She's so pretty and I love movies that deal with Native American History... So I am also very excited!!! Hehe ... I think it's coming out around the same time as GOF...

Su
hehe thanks!
Quote:
For me in GOF, I know they probably won't include this but I really love the water sploshing scene at the beginning of the world cup and when Harry accidently shouts at her when she gives him his quill back. I think I'm actually going to enjoy the small brief scenes between them when they show the attraction. Course shouldnt forget the yule ball!

In OOTP - I'm definitely wanting the kiss and when Harry's watching Cho doing the pillow thing and her telling him that he's making her nervous!
I AM DEFINTELY looking forward to the scene where Harry drops his quill and she picks it up for him... Hehe I wonder if there will be a close-up shot of their hands touching... And all the angsty and jealous looks Harry gives will be nice to see...
In OOTP, I think the glances btw Cho and Harry at the DA meetings will be very cute... I wonder how Yates will direct Cho's crying scenes...Personally, I think it won't be too overdone...well--at least I hope not!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Well have you read half blood prince yet?

Highlight to read below

Dude, no Harry/Cho at all! I'm quite....well....very disppointed. I could count only 3 Cho mentions in the whole book. We know this is Cho's last year of Hogwarts so I'm a little sad it's turned out the way it has with absolutely nothing. I'm grateful for what we got in OOTP now. I didn't think Rowling was going to drop a character like that! I'm grasping on to the hope somehow Cho meets Harry in book 7... not sure how likely this is...so I will continue finishing my H/C fic! my only consolation!

end of

Old 07-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Supreme Fan

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
I'M ON PAGE 93!!!!

just needed to scream that

now I'm going to read the posts, god I'm so excited you can't believe it.. mmm, yes you can...
Old 07-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I was thinking about how Harry and Cho are really simliar
I agree.. I think they are more similar than they think. They both are very much in touch with their feelings and have a strong temper, they both are shy when they are let's say "happy" or let's say "in their good moments", but in the moment in which they are angry BOOM!! they are a bomb exploding, very temperamental. They are meant for each other I love when they argue I usually like couples who argue

how are you guys doing with the book? what page are you in now?

Quote:
Jo says that Harry might get two kisses...
aaahhhh
really? i didn't know that i'm nervous now... i wonder who will kiss him for the 2nd time

Su, have you read the whole book yet?

by the way, I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about spoilers here.. maybe the mods said somethign about ONLY discussing things in the proper threads for the books and not allowing any comments in the normal threads? mm.. I'm a bad user, I shoudl go read the rules now but I think that as long as we use Su's technic (spoiler warning + highlighting) there will be no problem, right?

Su, could you post how to highlight the text? i have no idea
Old 07-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Please do not discuss spoilers in this thread. If you are unsure about where to post spoilers please re-read our Spoiler Policies

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top