Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

where's lisa aka guerin chick?

she has one of the avis of emma looking through dan's hair.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay... so I happened to be searching ff.net for H/Hr fanfic and lo and behold I come upon one that is also a crossover for PoTC! It was... interesting to say the least...

It's amazing how one can spread their HP imagination to other genres [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*must go find Aurory stuff to post* [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

aurorness AND potc?

the best of both worlds!!
Old 01-14-2004, 01:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah... you guys might have heard of it. But if you didn't it's called A Pirates Time for me.

Basically, Harry tried to save Hermione but both unexpectedly fell through this time portal thingy and ended up w/ different PoTC camps. Hermione was saved and is w/ the hottie [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Capt. Jack Sparrow's company, while Harry was saved by cutie Will Turner and is being watched over by sweetheart Elizabeth. They have no idea one is w/ the other. So far it's a WIP, but it's pretty... well, as I said interesting [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And for the past few minutes (while DLing songs to create my own JoA soundtrack), I started thinking up a cute and silly little game called: Spot the Aurorness The object of the game is to "spot" all/any thing from various genres that completely capture the aura of Auror/Harry/Hermione. I've already come up w/ a few things in the past... well, five minutes [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

1. PoTC - Will/Elizabeth's relationship. Need I really explain to you guys [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
2. MR - Satine/Christian. I really don't need to... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
3. JoA - Joan/Adam. Good friends, one is a reluctant catalyst another is a "genius" in his own "artistic" right.
4. Time by Chantal K... I also think this is a sweet Auror song...
5. Patrick K/Angela G - Dennis Lehane's Boston PIs. If you've read any of the Kenzie/Gennaro books (which I recommend), you can probably picture Harry and Hermione. Partners, childhood best friends, lovers...
6. S. King's The Dead Zone... I'm weird but I can see Aurorness [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] ha! almost was going to say that I can see "dead people"...

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
[QB]
And for the past few minutes (while DLing songs to create my own JoA soundtrack), I started thinking up a cute and silly little game called: Spot the Aurorness The object of the game is to "spot" all/any thing from various genres that completely capture the aura of Auror/Harry/Hermione. I've already come up w/ a few things in the past... well, five minutes [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
QB]
Bwahahahah! I love the randomness! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I think Peter/Wendy is very much like Mum and Dad. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with them right now, who knows? But, um, yeah. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I don't feel like explaining 'cause I'm lazy. Just go see the movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Jeremy Sumpter and Rachel Hurd-Wood remind me so much of Dan and Emma.. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Yup. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

roswell- liz and max- soulmates, would do anything for each other, always cared for each other....harry just isn't an alien....yet.

friends- ross and rachel, friends for the longest time but finally realize their love for each other.

this is one fun game!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by WinterPolaris:
<STRONG>

Bwahahahah! I love the randomness! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] </STRONG>
cha... and it's also on topic! Something something is something as Harry and Hermione is to HP. Gotta love analogies [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000:
<STRONG>harry just isn't an alien....yet.
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"Harry, phone home..." [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I was also thinking of Eowyn and Faramir from LoTR. Eowyn is amazingly strong, bright, independant... like Mumsy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And Faramir is strong, handsome, misunderstood *starts to swoon*... kinda like Dadsy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Then I started thinking of Barry Pepper and realized that the baseball movie 61* has some Aurorness as well. I mean, okay, Pepper played Roger Maris who doesn't like the limelight yet is thrown into this whole spectacular world and becomes a hero to some people though not really admired by anyone else like Mickey Mantle. I mean, people prefered Mickey over Roger and it made me think of the whole icky debate of who was better for Hermione; Ron or Harry. I mean, it's ridiculous to pit two obvious friends against each other... doesn't matter what form (a girl or a homerun title). Plus, Roger has this amazingly smart and beautiful wife that reminds me of Hermione [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-14-2004, 03:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Two Weeks Notice also reminds me of H/Hr [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
New thread! Wipee!
Old 01-14-2004, 04:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyesthere:
<STRONG>Two Weeks Notice also reminds me of H/Hr [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
New thread! Wipee!</STRONG>
OM CuteboyGawd! That is such an Auror movie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I loved Hugh Grant in it! Especially the last scene! Oh, and Sandra Bullock's character... yep, smart, fierce, somewhat independant... except her heart was always loyal to one man. Reminds me of Hermione [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

ETA: Y'know what I just realized while looking at the intro (especially reliving Auror moments, yo). In the intro, you guys have yet to list Auror moments found in OoTP. Latest book up there is GoF. Did you guys forget to update or forget to start one? [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] Slacking... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'm so proud of my Auror procrastinators! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Though I doubt Hermione would be... but at least you've got Harry! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited Sweetwater Gal ]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Max Evens ........... Liz Parker
Lily Evens........... James Potter

I see a similarity ... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] *blinks*

I'm offically insane.

Oh ... Since I'm an Oldbie and Belle aint here to supervise the list I think I'll create a riot of ideas.

Who here thinks compiling a List of Live journal URL's next to Auror member's title on list should be put up?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Muahahaha :evillaugh:
I'm on top, I'm on top ...

Intrceptr350 how is your fic going... I want to read read read.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Lizzie/Gordo is kinda Auror too. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil_Ravenclaw:
<STRONG>I'm offically insane.

[/b]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] *decides not to comment b/c it's a fine line between evil and insanity* [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

J/k [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] That whole Maz/Liz-Lily/James thing... I think I know what you're trying to say. Same letters at the start of the last names, right? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And the LJ list is a great idea [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sharon, thank you for listing L/G! I completely blanked out on them but they do remind me of H/Hr! Gordo totally takes after Hermione! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Okay... I'm listening to this one song called "Not what I wanted" by Evan Olson. It so completely reminds me of Harry! I can't explain it but next to other things, to me it reminds me of Harry...

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

ami- i like that idea! i don't have a live journal but i would love to read everyone elses stuff.

where is belle? she doesn't know about the oldbies coming out of the broomcloset!

iris- a month or something ago we started doing some but never really did it. maybe we can do it now since you and everyone else is back. hmm....

of course there's the 'but i don't think you're ugly' line.
hmm...what else? oh when harry sees hermione at the dom and is all worried about her.

lizzie/gordo is a good one! i forgot about them! what about dawson and joey? they were best friends for a long time before they ever got together. of course, the wb wouldn't be in charge of harry and hermione so it wouldn't be so messed up.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil_Ravenclaw:
<STRONG>Muahahaha :evillaugh:
I'm on top, I'm on top ...

Intrceptr350 how is your fic going... I want to read read read.</STRONG>
Oh, thank you for asking!

I've got the rough draft of the first chapter finished. I just have to clean up a few things and I'll send it on your way.

I'll also send a copy to you Shannon if you like.

Spot the auror-ness?

Hmmm do songs count? cause if they do I think "I'll Stand by You" by the Pretenders pretty much sums up Hermione's feelings about Harry.
Team Britney
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top