Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Nora. At least everything's getting sorted out now so thats a relief. Oh, and thanks for posting those interview questions too. Some of JK's answers are really interesting.

Caroline - Screencaps! Thank you! Those are fab!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Awesome questions and answers!

Thanks for sharing them with us, Nora! ^_^
Stargate Fan
Mutant X Fan
Old 07-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

..finally caught up!!..

hi all.. i made it here.. finally!! yep, i managed to catch up with everything.. the last thread.. the title's really.. "erm.." so, anyway.. love this thread title too.. sweet!

o btw, erm Cat.. thanks for starting this new thread.. and erm.. there's a typo in me username.. think you could fix it? i'm #246.. it's bloominluv.. with an "l" not "r".. thanks ever so much

i've been away for too long.. work & all.. & i've been catching up & i love all the pwetty wps, banners, icons, pics, links.. love all the theories.. ever strengthen my faith in h/hr.. unfortunately, i can't see the vids 'cos my comp's connection is ever the slowest.. i only got to see the "obvious" on some other comp & i so it!! a question tho.. what's the title of the song & who sings it? thanks!!

ok, now abt the question of when.. here's how it started for me..

i've neva read the books.. saw a behind-the-scenes of poa - saw dan & emma lookin @ each other - makes me go "hmm?".. finally saw CoS - looked out for all the h/hr scenes & 'em all.. finally saw SS - again, looked out for all the h/hr scenes & 'em all.. finally saw PoA - needless to say, looked out for all the h/hr scenes & 'em all.. currently, i'm reading PS & i'm a reaaaally slllooww reader so imma take aages to finish all 5.. i'd probably not finish 'em all by the time book 6 releases.. oh yea, of course.. reading PoU helps too..

er.. ok, here's some stuffs i found cute

From 8 Days (Singapore magazine; No. 717 July 1 – July 8, 2004):-

What if Harry Potter lived in Singapore instead of England?

#13 – Encouraged to faster marry Hermione and have three kids before 30.

From Telescope (Singapore Cable Vision guide; May 2004):-

Article on Harry (Dan) to promote CoS on HBO:

Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) – they’re not an item but you can clearly see she has the hots for him.

From Mizz (UK magazine; No. 497 June 2nd-15th, 2004)

5 Mins with… Emma Watson

How would you like the books to end?
“I’d like Voldemort to be properly killed – dead – so Harry won’t have any more problems. It’d be cool if Ron’s dad got rich and Malfoy’s parents lost all their money. Oh, and I’d like Hermione to get a really good job.”

Do you think she’ll marry Ron in the end?
“No way! Ewww…”

Caption: Poor old Ron won’t be hearing wedding bells if Emma has anything to do with it

erm.. yea.. that's abt it.. ok, it's officially July 23 here so.. to Dan!!

rite, i'll pop over to Dan's thread now..
Old 07-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Re: ..finally caught up!!..

Quote:
Originally posted by bloominluv
From 8 Days (Singapore magazine; No. 717 July 1 – July 8, 2004):-

What if Harry Potter lived in Singapore instead of England?

#13 – Encouraged to faster marry Hermione and have three kids before 30.
Well Trelawney said he'd have 20 kids, but hey, I'm sure Hermione won't mind.

Quote:

5 Mins with… Emma Watson

How would you like the books to end?
“I’d like Voldemort to be properly killed – dead – so Harry won’t have any more problems.”
Awww. That is so cute. I'm with ya, Em.

Quote:
“No way! Ewww…”
I like this girl!

And yay, only 5 hours to go and Dan's 15!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
and erm.. there's a typo in me username.. think you could fix it? i'm #246.. it's bloominluv.. with an "l" not "r".. thanks ever so much
I'll get on to that right away, no problemo!

Quote:

“No way! Ewww…”
Now i always knew Emma was a VERY smart girl! And it's from June this year so it's very recent. Even beter.

It's still offcially 6 hours till it's Dans birthday, what with him being here in the UK. So i'll wait till them to wish him a good one!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Momentary vent.

Please. i just got this review from an "anonymous" reader on Portkey. And as I'm not going to dignify it with a response on that site, I come here. They apparently didn't like Whisper A Thousand Things. And stated it very eloquently I think.

"that sucked!!! don't quit ur day- job! hopefully, writing is not ur career of choice....."

Really. Am I supposed to respond to that? Honestly, that's fine if you don't like my story, but um... if you're considering a career of anonymous reveiwing, maybe start spelling out all your words. Or giving constructive criticism. But that's just me.

Idiots.

Luke: Dear God, yes.

Last edited by LittleCreek; 07-22-2004 at 11:00 AM
Old 07-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Total Fan

"It all pretty much adds up to JKR's statements. The thing she talks about can only be their kiss. It's 'significant' and 'important' because that's when Hermione starts to love Harry, and I mean love. It's 'significant and important' because that's the key to defeat Voldemort: Love. One could have argued about Hermione's feelings after GoF, I agree, but not after OotP. Hermione's strange behavior in regard to Harry/Cho makes complete sense. I don't think she's aware that she's falling for Harry. I think she's just confused right now. She doesn't get where all those weird feelings come from. How would she? She's never been in love before. But Hermione is a smart girl, I'm sure she'll realise it soon. Probably it'll hit her when she finds out about the prophecy."

I have to totally agree with you...Good Theory

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 07-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

LittleCreek, reply and say something like, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I hope fiction reviewing is not your career of choice. Don't quit YOUR day job."

New avie! I saw the picture of Hermione holding the feather and it put "ideas" in my head. I changed my LiveJournal icon too.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Brooke - Whoa! What a stupid freak! Oh well, some people just don't function well. I mean, the fic is excellent, so I don't know what the person is talking about. And clearly, he/she hasn't ever heard about the word "respect". Don't even mind.

Welcome to Ness!

Er... I completely forgot what I wanted to say. IDIOT! Oh yeah, I got a new computer!!! My darling father bought it last Sunday, and my mom decorated my room.
I love my parents!

Old 07-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awww sorry to hear that Brooke. Morons like that aren't even worth paying attention to. And i thoroughly enjoyed your fic so you've nothing to worry about.

*pushes Brooke off cliff*

I don't know who you want saved by! It's up to you!

Heather - Lovely new av. Very cute! And i love your new LJ icon too. Sweet.

Congrats on the new computer Sharon! Parents do have their good points!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, I finally got Animation Shop on my computer and I'm now abusing it.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Tieka Glad to be of help.
Quote:
Here It Comes Again, by Melanie C
Oooh! So pretty! Me lives it! *-*
Quote:
So yes JK, we DO know why the ending of GoF is so significant! We've figured it out! And it's amazing!
We're so smart! *tear tear*
Quote:
eastbrook4: why did Harry have to split up with Cho Chang?
JK Rowling replies -> That's life, I'm afraid. They were never going to be happy, it was better that it ended early!
w00t!!!
Quote:
So the "really soon, Harry, we promise" will be true then. Good.
*gets butterflies in her stomach for some unknown reason* *giggles* Teeeeee hee heee!!!!!!
Quote:
But hey, maybe they'll stand under a mistletoe by 'accident'. Bummer.
*crosses fingers and hopes for it to happen* Heeh!
Brooke: Aaack! Idiots indeed. Hunf. People have no respect these days.. *shakes head*

Heather: Your icon's cute! lol Though i kinda doubt he'd like her to stop...

*tries to get out of the gutter* *fails miserably*

Oh, and Sharon, YAY for new computer! *-* \o/

Oh, and for those who want to participate *insert coughing fit here*, i've postponed my H/Hr mini-blend challenge, due to lack of entries (i've only 4 or 5 till now. Saad. -_-").
Anyway, it ends on saturday. ^^" Whoever wants to enter, send your stuff to flog_harry_hermione@yahoo.com.br

^_^ See ya later!
Old 07-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Passionate Fan

thanks Tina for the hug! Losing him is very hard..but I'll survive.

and thanks Liv for the PM about animation. Can't wait to get it! ^-^

oh and I had a question. Why on the auror list, some people have a * before their name instead of just a bullet?

edited to add: don't worry about it LittleCreek, some people just don't know how to review...And he even might have liked your story but had a bad day and took it all out on you!

Icon by me

Last edited by dawnie@; 07-22-2004 at 01:20 PM
Old 07-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~

*pushes Brooke off cliff*

I don't know who you want saved by! It's up to you!

Ha! I didn't notice I was in Belle's spot. Fun times... Hmmm... It feels like a Johnny Depp day to me. *sigh*

Sharon I'm quite jealous of the computer. I love a new toy!

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Hatchkoff

Heather: Your icon's cute! lol Though i kinda doubt he'd like her to stop...

*tries to get out of the gutter* *fails miserably*

^_^ See ya later!
Yes, I've just realized that as well...I'm thinking of changing the last frame to "ticklish, Harry?"

*falls deep into the depths of the gutter, muttering things about jailbait and feathers*
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top