Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Total Fan

Okay....
welcome Nessa and Marissa. and to your question as to when we became Aurors...I read the four books after seeing SS and CoS, and at the end of GoF I didn't really ship either way. I started a trio traingle fic and was influenced by lurking in this thread to embrace the H/Hr way! Therefore my fic ended up as an Auror fic. And it's hard to write a romance about two people you don't ship

Liv Thanks for the gorgeous icons! I'm spoilt for choice!
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, thanks for posting those Bency! *giggle* In the second one it looks like they're leaning in to kiss! I swear those two are too cute for they're own good!

Yet another fantastic post by Nora. Where did you find that letter from Dan?

Welcome newbies! I'm Raven nice to have you!
Old 07-22-2004, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

It was posted on Dan's official site I think.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey I found this song that reminded me of our fave couple!
Its called "Here It Comes Again" by Melanie C

Hey, don't you worry, everything's alright you know
We're gonna be just fine
If the rain crashes down over you
I will love you dry

There is nobody in this world could ever take me away from you
I am always by your side
If you need someone to guide you dear
I'd like to try

Don't give up something you've never had before
(Never could but we would together)
I promise you this
You're the one I adore

Here it comes again
Filling my soul, never want to let go
Here it comes again
Be at one with your love as below so above

My love is flowing freer than a waterfall
Beyond the edge of time
Surrender to the emotion now we can fly
We can fly
And you know there's a reason
That we are who we are (who we are)
I can not resist
You're the one I adore

Here it comes again
Here it comes again
Here it comes again
With shimmering gold you enlighten my soul
Here it comes again

Just like there's always gonna be
A place for you and me
A ship that we can sail on
Just like if one and one were three
And everything was free
At the end of some rainbow
Just like a needle and a gun
A circle in a sun
And a knock upon a hidden door
It is you I adore

Here it comes again
Here it comes again
Feel it coming again
Here it comes again
Yeah yeah

It reminded me of Hermione's devotion to Harry. Very Auror-y in my opinion!
Old 07-22-2004, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Morning guys

Quote:
"People who read the end of GoF know why it's so significant, why it's so important."
Whoa! I'd read JKR's first quote before, but never that one! Thats awesome!

Quote:
It all pretty much adds up to JKR's statements. The thing she talks about can only be their kiss. It's 'significant' and 'important' because that's when Hermione starts to love Harry, and I mean love. It's 'significant and important' because that's the key to defeat Voldemort: Love.
*has a Janice from Friends moment"

Oh My Gawwwd! You're right! It all adds up perfectly! The kiss is the only "significant" thing that happens at the end of GoF. The reason it's so important being because it's when Hermione first subconciously starts to fall in love with Harry. Which in turn is VERY significant indeed because "love is the key" that will in the end help Harry defeat Voldemort!

So yes JK, we DO know why the ending of GoF is so significant! We've figured it out! And it's amazing!

That's put me on SUCH a high now! Excuse me while i go and squee my brains out!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:02 AM
Addicted Fan

*follows Cat in squeeing her brains out*

Ah, Mel C. I've never heard that song but she was my favourite Spice Girl, actually.

My sincerest apologies for offending anyone with my inappropriate ranting, I'm very sorry. And Dawnie, I'm sorry to hear about you and your ex.

bency, that's the cutest pic! While I may think D/E are cute, I've been a H/Hr shipper from way back, I was initially pushed into it by my frustration at everyone saying how much they wanted R/Hr together. And then, well, I saw the clues and fanfiction cinched it. I was a fully-fledged Auror after that, and I've been a staunch shipper ever since. One of my RL best friends is also a shipper, so that's pretty cool.

Eeep, I'm a firm believer of the Ron/Luna love, it's cute. I have to fly, dears, I um, have to complete an assignment due tomorrow. Heh.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

LMAO, Cat! Here's the whole quote from JKR for ya:

"I think that my publishers were keen not to have the embargo broken, but they have my wholehearted support in that not from the marketing point of view, but because this was the book in which you saw the first death and also at the end of the Book Four something *huge* happens in terms of the over all plot, which I don't want to say on the radio obviously in case people haven't read the book or is half way through it. And I didn't want that to leak because for children ... that would... you know... I... I've... I've spent ten years... I mean, the final... the closing scene in Book Four... I've spent ten years writing my way towards that scene and people who have read that will know why it's so significant, why it's so important. I did not want that leaked. Because I knew that kids were waiting with bated breath and I really genuinely wanted that to be a magical experience. That they would get the book and read and get frightened and excited and overwrought as they approached that ending."

Isn't it great to be an Auror these days?
Old 07-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Addicted Fan

*Strips and streaks through thread, killing as many siblings in sight with a dance as poetic as ballet.*

Can you tell I'm bored. lol.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*
LMAO, Cat! Here's the whole quote from JKR for ya:

"I think that my publishers were keen not to have the embargo broken, but they have my wholehearted support in that not from the marketing point of view, but because this was the book in which you saw the first death and also at the end of the Book Four something *huge* happens in terms of the over all plot, which I don't want to say on the radio obviously in case people haven't read the book or is half way through it. And I didn't want that to leak because for children ... that would... you know... I... I've... I've spent ten years... I mean, the final... the closing scene in Book Four... I've spent ten years writing my way towards that scene and people who have read that will know why it's so significant, why it's so important. I did not want that leaked. Because I knew that kids were waiting with bated breath and I really genuinely wanted that to be a magical experience. That they would get the book and read and get frightened and excited and overwrought as they approached that ending."

you overanaylitical freak. *pokes Nora.*

Wishes Hermione's kiss was the heart of the story.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil_Ravenclaw
you overanaylitical freak. *pokes Nora.*
Don't mock me! I love to analyze!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow Nora, thanks so much for posting that quote from JKR. I hadn't seen it before, and all your theories make so much sense! It is indeed a good day to be an auror!

Off to lunch now - Have a great day everyone!

#142 OBSESSED JB FAN
Roswell Dreamer & Candy lover
Old 07-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

OK, im gonna go a bit OT here but i need to rant!

I took a trip down to the college today to hand in my student funding forms. While i was at it i decided to ask if the office people knew when the course confirmation letters were being sent out. She told me they already had. I was just like "huh, so where's mine?". Then the woman asked if i had attended my course interview. I told her i hadn't. But the only reason i didn't go was because my course tutor spoke to me on the day of my final exam and told me i didn't need to attend. So i told her that as well. It turns out that because i didnt go for my interview my acceptance of a place on the course was never confirmed and thats why i haven't been sent a letter! The lady at the office said she'd sort it out for me and phone me back on Monday, which is all fine and good. But im very angry. The tutor i respected and trusted told me the wrong thing and i nearly lost my place because of it. So i aint the happiest bunny right now.

Sorry, im so mad that i just needed to rant. I'm calm now.

Quote:
It sure is Nora. Thanks to your wonderful discovery im still on an Auror high. Which is fab considering the mood im in otherwise.

Aurors rule!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Aw, Cat. That sucks! Something similar happened to afriend of mine: she graduated and wanted to send out an application for a certain college (she needs a copy of her diploma for that), so when she was going to do that, she realised that they wrote something wrong on her diploma. She went back to school and asked them to change it, but they said they only do that on Tuesdays, but she had to send her apllication out before so that it'd arrive in time. Sometimes these people are just real morons.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

H/Hr Rules...

Hi all.. Geee...I was away for one day...and this thread already..eating my H/Hr and D/E dust!!

anyway..great title-Cat...

@Nora: loooove your wps..and your lovely theory about how "immature" R/Hr are..and about H/Hr...they are in love theory..

here is PoA Screenscaps that you wanted..
http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/...of%20Azkaban/?

I forgot who asked with you are Fan of H/Hr or D/E first...(who asked that?)

well, I have to admit..I wasn't ship any ship from start. I didn't even like Harry Potter, the only reason why?...I am in Harrys is Daniel Radcliffe. When I saw first movie two year ago..S.Stone, I was liking relationship btw Daniel and Emma, it scene where Emma/Hermione told Harry/Daniel.."you are great Wizard" that is start of me liking Daniel and Emma,...they chick so well,...and their chermsity is so beautiful, then I read first book..and I didn't know these two played HARRY AND HERMIONE.

So, I guess I like Daniel/Emma ship,...then I ship in H/Hr. I know that these two will end up together,..I mean they have to..it in my mind, heart and soul....and they fit so well together...just like this title thread said. Because H/Hr are really the "TRUE LOVE" they make me believed..that their is one. Beside,..I hate R/hr like passion..if these two will end up together,...I go oversea and throw all of my Hps book and dvds...at J.KRowing.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

I was just surfing the net and I came across this chat with JKR, she gives some interesting answers:

eastbrook4: why did Harry have to split up with Cho Chang?
JK Rowling replies -> That's life, I'm afraid. They were never going to be happy, it was better that it ended early!

WORD, JK.

Adele: Will poor Harry be stuck at the Dursleys' all next summer?
JK Rowling replies -> Not all summer, no. In fact, he has the shortest stay in Privet Drive so far.

So the "really soon, Harry, we promise" will be true then. Good.

Potter47: Will Harry tell Neville about the Prophesy?
JK Rowling replies -> Harry will tell his nearest and dearest about the prophecy when he's ready. He needs time to digest the news himself first.

I assume she was talking about the HBP. So Harry will tell R/Hr about the prophecy later in the book then. I wonder how he'll cover up how he feels. I mean something this huge is pretty hard to hide.

Adele: Thanks for the interview! So... will Harry be receiving a second kiss in his last two years at Hogwarts?
JK Rowling replies -> He might well be receiving another kiss (or two) but I'm not saying who the kisser's going to be...

Given that she also said that Harry will have a romance in book 6, there'll probably a kiss, too. But for some reason I have a hard time believing JKR would let H/Hr get together so early.... But hey, maybe they'll stand under a mistletoe by 'accident'. Bummer.

Here are some other answers which I simply thought were funny.

Harry: Has Voldermort any children
JK Rowling replies -> No. Voldemort as a father... now that's not a nice thought.

Cookie246122: Why did you kill Sirius? It made me very sad...
JK Rowling replies -> I'm really, really sorry. I didn't want to do it, but there was a reason. If you think you can forgive me, keep reading, you'll find out. [I feel really guilty now].

Class A.G: Did you base Voldermort on any real people? If so are you related to them?!
JK Rowling replies -> lol No I didn't base Voldemort on any real person!

Cathedral: Will we be hearing anything from Sirius Black's brother, Regulus, in future books?
JK Rowling replies -> Well, he's dead, so he's pretty quiet these days.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top