Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

What squashes H/L for me is that JKR described her as the "Anti-Hermione". Like you guys said, Hermione is the only girl Harry listens to and she's closest to him, so I don't see how Luna should fit into this if she's the Anti-Hermione. The fact that she's...well...a little nuts doesn't help Harry. Harry needs someone with a logical mind. It's like that person stated in her essay at Portkey: Harry needs someone who creates a balance between his heart and mind and OotP showed clearly that this person is Hermione. Ron on the other hand might do well with an Anti-Hermione. God bless the day when he'll finally be able to NOT bicker with a girl.

<jumps off the cliff and is saved by Robbie Williams>
Old 02-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*
So they get to pass around 4 girls among 14? How does that work? Every other weekday, alternate weekends...

That is just an STD breakout ready to happen.

Unless they only do each other, which in that case, would make this sort of clean.

It's ugly, at any rate, let's not think about that. Let's just think about the nice, beautiful, H/Hr sex.

Quote:
See, I LOATHED Gwen in these books. She was the antithesis of everything a woman should be; she was weak, and manipulative, and naive, and judgemental, and brainwashed...I *hated* her.

Which made it wonderful to love Gwen in the movie version with Clive...

See, the Lancelot I pictured as I read Mists was Orlando Bloom.

At least the way he looks in Pirates. Perfect Lancelot! Down to the way he talks, the mannerisms, the hair, the coloring, the height...(I hated the Mists of Avalon movie. Though I did love Ioan as in the Clive version.)

As I read the books, I was all for the Morgan le Fay cause. Morgaine was like that best one!

Did you read the other three books? I was completely obsessed with the second one for a while, you know, the one with Constantine and his mother Helena? The whole evolution from paganism to Christianity...so interesting! And then I went to Koeln and saw the thing thing and I was all happy...
Ugh, I pretty much loathe Guinevere/Gwenhwyfar in any incarnation...except the one from the King Arthur movie. That movie was awesome - I loved that line when she said, "Animals live! It's the natural state of any man to want to live free, in their own country." Very powerful words.

Of course, the presence of Ioan helped, and I completely fell in love with Tristan with his oriental sword, swish-swish moves, and that hawk.

::insert fangirl squeal of delight::

Ahem.

Anyway, yes, Morgaine was an absolute wonder in the book. I loved how Bradley returned her to the priestess/healer she was before medieval Christianity got a hold of the original legend and turned her into some evil sorceress. And even though Bradley went with Morgaine being Mordred's real mom instead of Morgause, she at least had Morgause raise Morded, being his mother figure, so I forgive her for the faux pas.

Ah, as for the other books, I haven't had the chance to read them yet. I should do that soon, but I'm a poor little college girl with no money. The thought of buying stuff sends me into tremors of horror.

Quote:
But intersting how the very introduction of Luna's character seems to quash any way Harry/Ginny could develop.

Not only do we now have a stronger Hermione Ginny would have to jump over to gain Harry's attention, but Luna as well.

In fact, Luna is a much more important character than Ginny, I would say, and shall become even more important.

Think about it; Luna is much more developed in ONE book, than Ginny is in 5. I find Luna to have morea of a personality than Ginny has; Ginny could be bloody anyone. So she likes Quidditch. Yes, of course, so does everyone else (except Hermione.) She is a female Fred/George...great! Cannot develop her own personality so she borrows from other people's.

The one great shot JKR had to develop Ginny, ONE, the whole CoS thing...and she brushes over it in like 2 lines in OotP and that's it!

Now Luna, she is an odd one, which is why Harry notices her. But if she is so odd, why didn't Harry notice her beforehand? Surely this odd of a person would have made her presence known beforehand...

Ahh yes, Harry has been off fighting EVIL in the last couple of books, saving his own and various other people's asses along the way and of course that takes his mind off inter-house relations...

<snip>

So Luna quashes Ginny. But she still does not quash Hermione. Harry has yet to show any respect for any female other than Hermione; I think a big reason why his relationship with Cho failed (among many others) was because he did not respect the girl.

Until I see Harry actually respecting Luna or her abilities or anything of the sort...I wouldn't worry.
WORD!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Total Fan

I would rather see H/L together than H/G.. I have no idea why but Luna someone who can relate to Harry more and can provide support as in a sense of humor.(maybe that's just me)

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I missed alot didn't i? someone care to fill me in?

I've been busy with work and school among other things.

I just saw the last post and I must say I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONFUZZLED Should i even ask?

Off to catch up!

Later Aurors!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just a quick post as i've had a very looong day and i'm simply dying for some food and a nice refreshing shower

I'd rather see Harry with Luna than Ginny too. But i'm quite certain that Luna is destined to be with Ron. As Nora mentioned, Ron really needs an anti-Hermione, and no one fits this description better than Luna Lovegood.

Quote:
it's kinda funny how both Hermione and Harry have indirectly interferred with eachother's relationships...

"I vant to know" Krum said glowering, "vot is there between you and Hermy-own-ninny"

"Oh of course, if it's darling Hermione's idea."

Krum sees it, so does Cho...and I'm wondering if Ginny does as well.
Krum and Cho see what's between H/Hr better than they do themselves Especially Krum, he seemed very worried about Harry and saw him as a major threat. Which is quite remarkable considering he hadn't been around H/Hr all that long and is at least 3 years older than Harry, not to mention an international Qudditch star.

Right, i'm off to de-stress. Later sibs

Last edited by tender looks; 02-02-2005 at 11:27 AM
Old 02-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Isn't she a Hufflepuff?

*giggles*

Hufflepuffs!

Ever since I read Kate's Slighly Skewed Caps, whenever I think "Hufflepuffs" I think of some sort of cereal brand...

Oh good I can just see it now! The new product in the WB moneymaking scam:

"Buy Hufflepuff cereal!"

~Belle

*giggles* I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! Oops, I meant "I'm Huffin' for Hufflepuffs!"
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

a cookie from lori?
Old 02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

@Tar: heheh.. all these different girl liking Harry in different ways, from Hermione, Luna, Ginny, Cho...and so on. Harry should have one of those "dating service" he will get to pick with witch is BEST FOR HIM.

WAIT? are we talking about Harry or Daniel. AH! SAMETHING.

@Nora: I agree I rather have H/L then H/G. If H/Hr doesn't happen. But I doult it!

yeh? did you guys see this new sexy pic of Daniel, Accepting award and article that come with it. He look so hot and his hair is cut little, he got really nice tan. Check it out. But I don't like part of article that said "Ron will have intrimate relationship with Hermione for next hps movie" that is bull*****!

www.DanRadcliffe.com

Old 02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

lol, intimate relationship? if they consider yelling your guts out intimate, then yeah, I guess they're right
Old 02-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just downloaded MSN Messenger 7.0 again My e-mail is catrinastar2005@msn.com if you'd like to add me

Quote:
lol, intimate relationship? if they consider yelling your guts out intimate, then yeah, I guess they're right
Yeah, 'cause you can just feel the love when they bicker and fight constantly [/sarcasm]
Old 02-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
Yeah, 'cause you can just feel the love when they bicker and fight constantly [/sarcasm]
*vomits*

I HATE forced chemistry between two actors. The whole Hermione turning to Ron when buckbeak was "excuted" seemed so forced and the wrist grab was completely random. I'm not exactley saying that Emma and Rupert don't have chemistry, because they do as a TRIO...it's on a whole other level with her and Dan. It's so much more natural. Like when they held hands at the end of PoA, for me it wasn't " Oh they're holding hands cause they love eachother" it was " they're holding hands because they TRUST eachother" This is what I love most to what Dan and Emma bring to Harry and Hermione. It's a building process, layer by layer, book by book, moment by moment. I think this is why we weren't all depressed that Harry and Hermione didn't get together in OoTP, for us it was just another layer.

Caroline- thanks for that pic!
Team Britney
Old 02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Hunter

Ugh, I pretty much loathe Guinevere/Gwenhwyfar in any incarnation...except the one from the King Arthur movie. That movie was awesome - I loved that line when she said, "Animals live! It's the natural state of any man to want to live free, in their own country." Very powerful words.

Anyway, yes, Morgaine was an absolute wonder in the book. I loved how Bradley returned her to the priestess/healer she was before medieval Christianity got a hold of the original legend and turned her into some evil sorceress. And even though Bradley went with Morgaine being Mordred's real mom instead of Morgause, she at least had Morgause raise Morded, being his mother figure, so I forgive her for the faux pas.
See, as far as I know, Bradley got that part right. Mordred is Morgaine's son; Mordred was conceived before Arthur knew he was Arthur and that Morgaine was his half-sis.

Of course normally Morgaine knows who she is all along, and is a really evil witch pagan...

You're saying Morgause was Mordred's real mum?

Interesting...none of the Camelot lore I've read has Morgause as the mum. Hmm...

I loved Galahad in the movie version. He was damn sexy!

~Belle
Old 02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrceptr350
*vomits*

I HATE forced chemistry between two actors. The whole Hermione turning to Ron when buckbeak was "excuted" seemed so forced and the wrist grab was completely random.
eek, same here. none of the ''non yelling'' R/Hr scenes were from the book! they're forcing them on us.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

HarryandHermionerocks1
"But I don't like part of article that said "Ron will have intrimate relationship with Hermione for next hps movie" that is bull*****! "

well i don't if i already told u but in the french Premiere they made a file "why does it worth to wait till 2005" and of course there was GoF in it and there was a little article that said what will happen in GoF and they said "the beginning of a love-story"!!
it's not really to i heard that, especially when it comes from your sister, an R/Hr shipper & who is happy to say it!
so it's official i'm !
Old 02-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C, l'autrevoisinedepalier
HarryandHermionerocks1

well i don't if i already told u but in the french Premiere they made a file "why does it worth to wait till 2005" and of course there was GoF in it and there was a little article that said what will happen in GoF and they said "the beginning of a love-story"!!
it's not really to i heard that, especially when it comes from your sister, an R/Hr shipper & who is happy to say it!
so it's official i'm !
No offense, I love France and the French and I would love to retire there whenI am old and grey, but really, don't trust your magazines.

Actually, the same goe for all magazines from continental Europe; at least entertainment ones. They are so full of crap! And I thought American and British tabloids were bad...

So just practice critical thinking skills when reading.

~Belle