View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
*Circe*
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Hunter

Ugh, I pretty much loathe Guinevere/Gwenhwyfar in any incarnation...except the one from the King Arthur movie. That movie was awesome - I loved that line when she said, "Animals live! It's the natural state of any man to want to live free, in their own country." Very powerful words.

Anyway, yes, Morgaine was an absolute wonder in the book. I loved how Bradley returned her to the priestess/healer she was before medieval Christianity got a hold of the original legend and turned her into some evil sorceress. And even though Bradley went with Morgaine being Mordred's real mom instead of Morgause, she at least had Morgause raise Morded, being his mother figure, so I forgive her for the faux pas.
See, as far as I know, Bradley got that part right. Mordred is Morgaine's son; Mordred was conceived before Arthur knew he was Arthur and that Morgaine was his half-sis.

Of course normally Morgaine knows who she is all along, and is a really evil witch pagan...

You're saying Morgause was Mordred's real mum?

Interesting...none of the Camelot lore I've read has Morgause as the mum. Hmm...

I loved Galahad in the movie version. He was damn sexy!

~Belle