Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder
Hey guys, maybe this isn't the place to say this, but I'd really appreciate it if we kept our H/Hr bias out of the Daniel/Emma thread at the DR forum. Because the other shippers are not pleased, and I don't want to see a war.

~Beholder

Thanks so much Beholder for saying that. And I'm liking the defense of Ginny comments here as well. Much much appreciated.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Addicted Fan

I like the interaction between Hermione/Luna. It's just great. They're complete opposites! To answer the question, I think that H/HR would buy a nice little house, also. Guys, I'm really frustrated cuz I really wanna know more about Hermione's home life. I mean, it can't be all perfect. But I don't think that's gonna happen. Yes, yes, Harry can be mean, and so can Hermione. Sometimes you're just frustrated.
"They didn't agree on much. In fact they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday. But, despite their differences, they had one important thing in common.....they were crazy about each other."

Christian & Lyneatte
chadlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Ohh they updated the official GOF site with the new Poster instead of the old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*
Ok, Question:
Do you think H/Hr would buy a big house or a little house? And Why? I have my own theory on this. I wanna see if anyone else can think of it.
hmmm, I think they would buy a normal size house, not to small. not to big.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

So it is an actual poster then? Yay - they look like such a couple

I think they'd buy an ordinary sized normal Muggle house. Nothing too fancy
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe it's because I love the house they owned in POU, but I picture Harry and Hermione in a big house. An old English manor, far out in the country. So they can just love each other whenever they want and in every room of the house! It would also have several beautiful gardens. And a lake that they could take walks around. *sigh*

Just adding some Ginny support. I wish JKR had developed her more, she's just really a bit of an enigma. I think she's meant to have a bit of a sharp sense of humor, which could be taken as meanness sometimes but I think it's more dry than mean. She's just a typical little diva! But if you think about it, she's had to grow up with six brothers, actually her character could be either a bossy little tomboy, or a spoiled, pampered princess. But she's neither of those. I think she's been shy and overshadowed by her brothers and maybe now she's just trying to develop her own personality and her place in the world.

But I don't think she's right for Harry at all. They really have nothing in common and their relationship is just a typical teenage interlude, one that can make you feel happy but there's no substance to it at all. I think that's what JKR was going for in HBP. There really was nothing meaningful about the H/G relationship to me. It was just there. It was okay but it didn't add anything to the plot or to the development of either Harry or Ginny's characters. She made Harry feel happy for a time but they didn't share any meaningful conversation, she was just his comfort zone. Remember how she took his hand after DD's death? That was just their relationship in a nutshell. She was just there for Harry when he needed it. But Hermione has always been there for Harry, for five books. Their dynamic is much more substantial and Hermione has saved Harry in many, many ways. Harry can talk to Hermione, he knows that Hermione can read his feelings. While Harry and Ginny's relationship is a happy, comforting one, it's insubstantial, just a bit of fluff. (I still say JKR's been reading a lot of fanfic!).

So, I can take Harry and Ginny as a little romance (just like JKR said)...but it's not meant for the long haul...only Harry and Hermione have the kind of relationship that's meant to last...one built on trust and a long friendship...rock solid.

~Sharon
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

yes no bashing of ginny. sorry if i said something that seemed like bashing! i just don't like the ginny/harry relationship but it has nothing really to do with ginny as a character. they never really tell you all that much about her in the books before the sixth book. i just think that someone whose been through hell and back with harry deserves him which would be hermione. i do wish i could see her personality more. you never know what'll happen in the last book.

yes bashing is no good! no more bashes and tar STAY! your icons fornicate more than anything else in this thread i think, which is always fun to watch . now you got the killers which is basically sex on legs anyway.

also, i think harry and hermione would live in a pretty big house. not a huge mansion but a good sized beautiful old house. they would appreciate something like that and really take care of it.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellcharmed_2000
also, i think harry and hermione would live in a pretty big house. not a huge mansion but a good sized beautiful old house. they would appreciate something like that and really take care of it.
I agree. How many kids did Trelawney predict for Harry--does anyone remember? Wasn't it 10 or 12 or something? So they'd need room for all the Potterlets.

--Laura
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Sharon, ITA. Laura, what prediction.
"They didn't agree on much. In fact they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday. But, despite their differences, they had one important thing in common.....they were crazy about each other."

Christian & Lyneatte
Old 10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
So it is an actual poster then? Yay - they look like such a couple
Yupp
And you can even buy it @ moviepostersusa
Old 10-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Lookie what I found. Since I know most of us don't mind K/H..

Christian & Lyneatte
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

thats a really beautiful dress. i like it. yeah i don't mind krum and hermione. krum is a nice guy and is treating hermione well during gof.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Yea, LOOK AT THIS...

Christian & Lyneatte
Old 10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

I'm loving the title.

That new poster is fabulous!

And chadlyn, your av is awesome.
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks!

Christian & Lyneatte
Old 10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

More avatars: