Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Aurors! Absolutely the best title...it's so the truth!!!

Loving all the H/Hr stuff we're getting, and you know what? I agree with the kickers thread title...Newell does know what CANON is...it's H/Hr, people, it's H/Hr. Don't believe me? Go read the books. You'll get it, I promise.

~Sharon

ETA: Whoohoo! I took Belle's spot!!
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammergal2004
I agree with the kickers thread title...Newell does know what CANON is...it's H/Hr, people, it's H/Hr. Don't believe me? Go read the books. You'll get it, I promise.
I got it, Sharon.

Hey guys, maybe this isn't the place to say this, but I'd really appreciate it if we kept our H/Hr bias out of the Daniel/Emma thread at the DR forum. Because the other shippers are not pleased, and I don't want to see a war.

~Beholder
Beholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

It's very interesting how Harry and Hermione are posed as standing together in the new GoF poster, with Ron to the back. Very interesting indeed.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

*is still inlove with title*

Poster with no watermark: (but so much smaller)
http://www.veritaserum.com/galleries...ofposter08.jpg
Old 10-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

I was wondering what was going on with the ebayness of the poster...

Quote:
Isn't that funny? I mean, supposing Harry is addressing Hermione in the song, it makes perfect sense. "You had a boyfriend who looks like a girlfriend that I had in February" can refer to Ron and Ginny. I mean Ron and Ginny are siblings so they should look alike...slightly...
Hence ther eason for the "It's not confidential - They've got potential" title we had twenty threads ago...

And I must say, although Ginny isn't my fave character, she isn't deliberately mean. And I don't think post GoF Ginny is meaner in any way. In GoF, Ginny was embarassed she was going to the Yule Ball with Neville, but in OotP, when Neville says he's nobody, what does Ginny say?

"No you're not."

Harry was the one embarassed to be in a group with Neville and Luna. So Ginny isn't mean at all. She just has her moments.

Hermione is much meaner to Luna in OotP.

But then again, LUNA LOVES RON!

Hehe. Somebody has gotta defend Ginny in here, especially if we wanna keep Tar around.

~Belle
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Joie*
Best.title.ever

Here is the Avatar:

Where did the animation for that come from? Their hips are doing dirty things.
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela12
From the newest TV spot. You can find it at Veritaserum.

~Beholder
Clingy, ain't they?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:22 PM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*

Hermione is much meaner to Luna in OotP.

~Belle

LOL I LOVE how different Hermione and Luna are. I love them both, and their differences crack me up. It's not the same kind of dynamic as Ron and Hermione. Luna and Hermione are different in a funny way.

Luna just baffles Hermione, and that makes me laugh. Hermione is so logical and Luna's so...not. Luna's just this crazy, lovable character that completely offends Hermione's way of thinking. And at the end of OotP when Hermione kind of resigns to her weirdness, i was like, "awww".

Hermione is mean to Luna, especially when she said that Harry can do better than her. I won't defend Hermione there, but i like how her opinion of Luna kinda changes as the book progresses. Hermione's struggle to say "that's lovely" to Luna at the end of OotP is her way of changing her mind about Luna.

That just proves that Hermione's not perfect, and she isn't unwilling to change her opinion of people. She doesn't let first impressions determine her opinion of people. Hermione is mean, but at the end we know she's wrong, and she knows she's wrong.

You know what I call that? Character development. Hermione is better developed than certain females in the series.
ABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABG
That just proves that Hermione's not perfect, and she isn't unwilling to change her opinion of people. She doesn't let first impressions determine her opinion of people.
Well said Kieu.

I loved the way Hermione and Luna actually worked together during the climax of HBP, even though they were given such little screentime. Poop.

Someone give me something Harmony-ish to philosophise about.

~Beholder
Old 10-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela12
yupp, its from the new GOF spot.

Is it November yet?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Joie*
Is it November yet?
No, it's October 3.

~Beholder
Stating the obvious.

Going to bed.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABG

Hermione is mean to Luna, especially when she said that Harry can do better than her. I won't defend Hermione there, but i like how her opinion of Luna kinda changes as the book progresses. Hermione's struggle to say "that's lovely" to Luna at the end of OotP is her way of changing her mind about Luna.
Well put.

You know who else learns to appreciate Luna?

RON!

You now, Hermione and Ron are pigheaded in the same way. But they eventually learn...

I wonder if that's why Harry functions with them as friends, because they're so similar.

Ok, Question:

Do you think H/Hr would buy a big house or a little house? And Why? I have my own theory on this. I wanna see if anyone else can think of it.

~Belle
Old 10-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Total Fan

Ginny isn't always mean. Granted, like how Belle said, she has her moments. But doesn't Hermione? Doesn't Harry? Doesn't Ron? Some people may more mean moments such as Draco, but we all have them. Just a part of innate human nature.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Do you think H/Hr would buy a big house or a little house? And Why?
I think H/Hr would buy a little house, not too little, though. They just don't strike me as the type of couple who'd go for some huge villa. I think Harry would want to live an average life and stay low key. And Hermione strikes me as the 'simple but nice' type, too. So yeah, I think H/Hr would go for classy, but not too over the top.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hehe. Somebody has gotta defend Ginny in here, especially if we wanna keep Tar around.