View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 AM
hammergal2004
Loyal Fan

Maybe it's because I love the house they owned in POU, but I picture Harry and Hermione in a big house. An old English manor, far out in the country. So they can just love each other whenever they want and in every room of the house! It would also have several beautiful gardens. And a lake that they could take walks around. *sigh*

Just adding some Ginny support. I wish JKR had developed her more, she's just really a bit of an enigma. I think she's meant to have a bit of a sharp sense of humor, which could be taken as meanness sometimes but I think it's more dry than mean. She's just a typical little diva! But if you think about it, she's had to grow up with six brothers, actually her character could be either a bossy little tomboy, or a spoiled, pampered princess. But she's neither of those. I think she's been shy and overshadowed by her brothers and maybe now she's just trying to develop her own personality and her place in the world.

But I don't think she's right for Harry at all. They really have nothing in common and their relationship is just a typical teenage interlude, one that can make you feel happy but there's no substance to it at all. I think that's what JKR was going for in HBP. There really was nothing meaningful about the H/G relationship to me. It was just there. It was okay but it didn't add anything to the plot or to the development of either Harry or Ginny's characters. She made Harry feel happy for a time but they didn't share any meaningful conversation, she was just his comfort zone. Remember how she took his hand after DD's death? That was just their relationship in a nutshell. She was just there for Harry when he needed it. But Hermione has always been there for Harry, for five books. Their dynamic is much more substantial and Hermione has saved Harry in many, many ways. Harry can talk to Hermione, he knows that Hermione can read his feelings. While Harry and Ginny's relationship is a happy, comforting one, it's insubstantial, just a bit of fluff. (I still say JKR's been reading a lot of fanfic!).

So, I can take Harry and Ginny as a little romance (just like JKR said)...but it's not meant for the long haul...only Harry and Hermione have the kind of relationship that's meant to last...one built on trust and a long friendship...rock solid.

~Sharon
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote