Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, Rod! I don't know how many were entered. There was 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, so maybe just 3 videos? Wouldn't be surprised if it was just 3. But I don't really know.

While it's not my first crossover video, it is my first AU video that tells a kind of story. So that's cool. Somehow I ship Jack/Britta more in fic, though, cuz I know I can go farther with them.

Btw...

Random observations upon recent TC re-watch: Jack asked Tru out on a date in DOA! When Tru says, "Jack, what you thought was happening to you... it happens to me." Jack replies, "I think we should go get a drink." Then they drink, talk about their callings and play darts! I'd call that a date... right?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice observations there Lara. Technically Tru and Jack went on a date since it involved drinks and a game.

BTW i hope that you will go further with your Jack/Britta crossover fics.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, "technically" but I'm not sure they would see it that way!

I have the multi-chapter fic of awesome that involves all kinds of crazy pairings including Tru/Jack, Jeff/Britta, Jack/Britta and some Tru/Jeff. When I get around to updating there will definitely be some good Jack/Britta moments in there cuz I totally ship it, but I'm trying to make the focus more about Tru/Britta friendship.

Haven't gotten past Chapter 1 with it, though.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can`t wait to read the next chapter of the fic, especially with the focus more on Tru/Britta.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Did you read the first chapter? Or do you want me to re-post the link?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that i`ve read the first chapter, but you can post the link to the first chapter so that i can read it again.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great Lara!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, Mel! How's your story?

Here you go, Rod! ENJOY!!
Broken Tonight, a Tru Calling and Community crossover fanfic - FanFiction.Net

I love writing Jack/Britta scenes. So much fun to write! And Tru/Britta is just fun and sweet. Little cliffhanger ending there for ya.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's going, you know I'm thinking of posting some here and maybe I can get some ideas from you guys? Maybe that way I can somehow finish. If that'd be alright?
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Supreme Fan

I would love that! You're always welcome to bounce ideas off of me. I can't wait to read your story!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Chapter 2 of my crossover story "Broken Tonight" is now posted here:
Broken Tonight Chapter Two, a Tru Calling and Community crossover fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
I would love that! You're always welcome to bounce ideas off of me. I can't wait to read your story!
Okay then I'll post it tonight after work!

EDIT::
Here's just the opening number. I honestly want this fic to be one long one-shot but I have this feeling it may turn to be a bit longer.
Quote:
Days, weeks, months; it’s been nothing more than a cold dark shadow haunting her very soul. Christmas was the time for joy, family, friends, laughter; the power of knowing nothing would happen, but with a gift such as hers, Christmas is no more than a sham. She sensed the dangers, her father, her friend, her brother, her lover, and me. I’ve been her shadow; I’ve been her darkness, her fear, hatred. To her I’m nothing more than death, but death is nothing more than a deliverer, someone who gathers the souls and brings them to their new worlds. Death is the good guy, but to her, death is the enemy. If she only knew… if I only knew, maybe neither of us would be in this situation.
“It’s over.”
“It’s never over.” Packing away some files inside his briefcase Richard heads over towards his office door, only to pause for a moment and glance back towards Jack. “Another will come.”
“This was never part of the plan. I didn’t ask for this.”
“We never do.” Richard grabs a hold of his jacket before putting on his hat and heading out through the doors, leaving an angry confused Jack behind.
~*~
Davis is alone in the morgue next to his desk, every so often he glances over towards the bodies in the other room. His mind is lost in thought; he’s never felt so alone in such an amount of time. He could still remember Valentine’s Day, when it all began.
He was at home creating a romantic evening to share with no other than Dr. Carrie Allen, a woman he grew so fond of at the time. She asked if she could meet him that night at his place, there was something important she needed to speak with him about. It was that very evening he received a call from the morgue; it was the bloodiest Valentine’s Day ever, and both Tru and Davis were horrified by the sight they witnessed.
Fourteen women murdered in their own homes. Each heart cut out, no doubt by a professional, and replaced with heart shape cut-outs instead. Carrie Allen was one of those women. It’s a moment in Davis’ life he wishes he hadn’t been so selfish. Tru’s day rewound with a simple “Help me” cry from Carrie herself. It was a confusing time, almost repeat of the previous valentines day massacure, only this time, it was more horrific. Each woman was saved and Carrie’s secret was let out. She was working for someone greater than them all, someone who had control over Jack, Carrie, and even the murderer himself, Jensen.
Tru tricked death by saving Jensen, but it wasn’t the same Jensen she grew to care for and love. This was a creature, a lost soul wondering with our world, and she freed it. The murders never stopped, he somehow would get away, protected by another, a devil himself.
All of this wouldn’t have happened if I wasn’t so selfish. Davis thought to himself before throwing a book against the office wall. Tears fell from his eyes, as he tried hard to fight back the sobs. “She didn’t deserve this.”
~*~
A soft knock came from the front door as Harrison placed his glass of rum onto the coffee table next to a picture book he had lying open. The knock came once again as he wiped away his tears before opening the door.
“Dad.” He was someone he didn’t expect on seeing.
“Your sister called me from overseas; I came as soon as I could.” Richard pulled Harrison into his arms for a hug, a hug Harrison refused to except by keeping his arms to his side.
It wasn’t too long ago Harrison had suspicions about his father. Suspicions that caused him to doubt mostly everything he did and didn’t do for the family. He stopped trusting him. Both his sisters were hard to convince, but Tru knew her brother well enough to know if he expects something not right. She kept her distance when need be, but no matter what Harrison did to protect his family in his own way; he still lost the one thing that meant the world to him.
“Your sister is flying in tomorrow morning. She said she’d have-“
“No.” Richard looked confused over his son’s sudden reaction. “It’s not over, Tru will fix this.”
“Harrison, I know what you’re going threw but your sister-“
“Is going to fix this; I know… I’ve seen it.” With that said Harrison closed the door on his father.
~*~
The Elevator doors opened, revealing the dark hall ahead, but it was nothing more than the door to his left that had his full attention. He twisted the knob and stepped in. The room was the same as it was when he was hired for the job. Everything was the way it was the day he left. Scanning the area he saw Davis sound asleep on his desk. He could tell it’s been rough for him.
Just the thought alone sent a shiver up his spine over what happened that evening. He stopped in the middle of the room and glanced over to his left, seeing the body lying their covered with a white sheet. Taking one step forward he hovers over the body, hesitating whether or not he should pull the sheet over.
“I’ve made many mistakes, but this, this wasn’t part of the deal.” Jack pulls the sheet away revealing the body of Tru Davies with her heart cut out. Jack steps back from the sight; it wasn’t what he was expecting to see. She was tortured in ways no other victim experienced, the blood of passion, hatred, revenge. This was exactly what he warned her of.
“I told you Tru. You’re not god; you can’t play with other people’s destinies.” He grabbed the sheet, looking down at her once more. “I’m sorry.” He was about to pull the sheet over when Tru’s hand suddenly grabbed a hold of his arm as her face turned to face his.
“Help me!”
Jack wakes with a start after experiencing flashes of images from the previous day. He gasps for air, shocked over what it is he must do.
“What the Hell?”
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.

Last edited by ~MelBelle~; 04-03-2011 at 11:19 PM
Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Supreme Fan

OMG, I LOVE IT so far!! All of the women had their hearts cut out? WOW!! I like that Tru's murder is different than the other women's murders. It's Jensen, isn't it?

I hope Jack finds a convincing way to save her! Update soon. I want to read more! Btw, does this story have a summary? You may have told me, but it's been awhile.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks. Yeah it's Jensen, I may have to re-write the beginning though to bring that out a bit more, I don't think I drew his character being the villain out as much.

I have a really good idea of the ending when it comes to Jack's character, I'm looking forward to writing that peace if/when I get to it. I'll post the second piece up tomorrow I'm a bit tired right now.

Here's the summary though.

Quote:
A death effects the team as the serial killer responsible continues to roam freely attacking innocent lives in the most bloodiest and deadliest crimes both Tru and Davis have ever encountered. When the body of the recent victim lies placid in the morgue, Jack is the first to hear the cry for help as his day rewinds again giving him the choice to continue on with his day as is, or to save the last person he ever thought possible.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Love the summary! Can't wait to see what happens! If I am to presume correctly, it would seem that Tru is the one to die (killed by Jensen) and ask Jack for help. Then he has this dilemma of whether or not to save her. Kissing/sex/SOMETHING has to ensue, right?

Btw, Chapter Three of my crossover fic "Broken Tonight" is now posted:
Broken Tonight Chapter Three, a Tru Calling and Community crossover fanfic - FanFiction.Net