Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Me too! Such a treat! Eliza and Gillian (actress playing Britta on Community) have a lot in common actually. They've worked with a lot of the same actors.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^that's so cool.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Supreme Fan

My list (I swear I'm not obsessed! ):

Community creator: Dan Harmon
Tru Calling creator: Jon Harmon Feldman

Eliza has worked with Matthew Bomer who played Tru's love interest Luc on Tru Calling.
Gillian Jacobs (Community) has worked with Matthew Bomer on the pilot of the series Traveler. Also playing his love interest/girlfriend. I think her part got recast.

Eliza has worked with Eric Christian Olsen who played Tru's second love interest Jensen on Tru Calling.
Gillian has worked with Eric on Community when he played Vaughn, her character Britta's boyfriend.

Eliza and Enver Gjokaj worked together on Dollhouse.
Enver will guest star in an upcoming episode of Community playing the love interest to Gillian's Britta.

Lauren Stamile played the little boy Ethan's mom in the TC Season 1 finale.
On Community, she plays Jeff Winger's (the main character's) girlfriend and competition to Gillian's Britta.

And in my dream scenario, a Jack-esque character (probably bad boy) played by Jason Priestley did date or will date Britta at some point. Jack or someone Jack-esque just seems like the kind of guy Britta would've had a fling or one night stand with. On the other hand, Tru and Jeff? NO WAY!!

If I think of more similarities, I'll post them.

Oh, Tru and Jack. You'll always be the best ship ever.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow that was so cool and weird how it all fell together!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Supreme Fan

It is! My heart is with both shows in different ways, but Tru Calling has the #1 spot! I just hope Community doesn't get cancelled after this season. I want a third season SO MUCH!! Plus, Jason Priestley hasn't guest starred yet!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Do you think he will guest star??
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Supreme Fan

I would LOVE to see him guest star! I doubt it, but I would LOVE it! He's doing a Canadian series right now called Call Me Fitz and he recently finished shooting a movie with Luke Perry and has been doing a lot of press for that film. I'm not even sure if he knows about Community, but I'm more than 100% certain he'd be perfect as Britta's love interest! Gahhhh...
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He did a movie with Luke Perry and is now on a tv series!! that's great footage for viddies.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, you should use it! Look it up on YouTube! Well, he's the director of the film with Luke Perry, but appears in some of the behind-the=scenes clips. The movie is on the Hallmark Movie Channel and is called Goodnight for Justice. The TV series he's doing is called Call Me Fitz. I've been SO impressed with Jason lately!

Oh, btw, my friend LOVES your Angel/Cordy videos, so I, of course, had to show her your Tru/Jack one! Make more! You could also use Dollhouse clips of Eliza shouting 'Jack, Jack!' from the Instincts episode, Season 2.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Good idea, I've never seen Dollhouse yet but oh I can defiantly use her screaming out that!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh, wow, you haven't seen Dollhouse yet?! In all honesty, I think Tru Calling is WAY better! But I still think you should see it and form your own opinion. The Instincts episode was my favorite episode of entire series honestly. Cuz Eliza was imprinted as a Mom and it was really sweet and well done.

JASON PRIESTLEY ANSWERED ONE OF MY QUESTIONS IN A LIVE CHAT!! Luke Perry and Jason Priestley were doing a live chat via Facebook the other day to promote their Hallmark Movie Channel film "Goodnight for Justice." I submitted one question to Luc and two questions to Jason. The interviewer of the live chat asked Jason my question and he gave a GREAT answer. It wasn't the Tru Calling question I submitted, but my OTHER question... but still. Ahhh.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What was the question what was the answer!!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Question: What do you look for in a script, both as an actor and as a director, when deciding what kind of character you want to play or what kind of TV show or movie you want to direct?

I was very happy with his answer! He's mentioned some of what he said in previous interviews, but it was a very informative answer. As an actor, he said when he was younger he used to chose roles by just looking at the character he was playing and as he's gotten older, he's looked at, not just the character he's playing, but the other people involved and everything else. As a director and as an actor, he just wants to find challenging material. That's it in a nutshell. His response is better than my summary.

Oh, and here's a really short Tru/Jack fanvid I made:
YouTube - Tru and Jack - Parachute
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that's so cool and that was a very professional question. How exciting!!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks! It made me happy.

You should watch my fan video!