Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Absolute Fan

New thread!

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 10-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep and of course you aren't here.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender looks (View Post)
The way he says his lines here, especially the "you know I love you" part, always gets me. It's so sincere, like he's stating that the sun sets at night. He's so open and no one can deny that his love for her is real.
I love it too. He wasn't just saying what she was asking of him. He was fully engaged to her words. Hoping that this wasn't another game. That it was a real step towards emotional connection and something between them other than sated lust.

She did know he loved her. She did know he wanted her. So many just spout out the words on autopilot. Love ya too. Do you know what I wanna do to you? But what Spike feels for her is so real and goes to such a deep place in him.

He was saying, "You know I do. You know my heart belongs to you. The place where my soul should be is just dreams of you." He was saying "I always want you. I can't feel without feeling you. You're inside me all the time. Everywhere. I said you'd crave me but I crave you more than blood."
Old 10-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

James was in love with SMG.

It's not like he really ever had to act in scenes like that.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

He can convey so much from facial expressions and quick pieces of dialogue. Imagine if it could be translated onto paper. All of his head tilts and soulful looks and body language downloaded into words.

It would read like the greatest romance novels of all time. Poetry. The kind of poetry that William always wanted to write but didn't have the words, only the feels.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like that when I read an amazing fic.

I think when Buffy went to the spirit guide was the start of the real Spuffy arc.

Because of all the fire metaphors used for them as the show went on.

Buffy is full of love. It's brighter than fire and that is why she pulls away from it

Love give forgive and risk the pain was about Spike.

I don't think the kiss was just thank you. Buffy never would give Xander a kiss like that.

I think she reacted to the attraction she felt and for once gave into it.

I don't think Buffy even thought about what she was doing because if she had I'm sure she would remember this is giving Spike the crumb he wants.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think she meant giving him the crumb to further his agenda. It was more seeing someone hurting and giving them the thing that can ease that hurt. In that moment she felt he deserved a little hope. It wasn't until she realized she'd been giving him a forest of crumbs (confiding in him, hanging out with him instead of her friends, etc.) that she realized this isn't what she should be doing because of where he would be taking it.

Buffy would never give Xander a kiss like that because he completely sexualized their friendship from the very beginning. He could be a great friend but a lot of the times his actions were colored by his desire for her and Nice Guy entitlement.

When Spike thought he was talking to the Buffybot, he was being so honest and Buffy realized that what he did (creating the robot) wasn't from a place of exploitation but patheticness. It wasn't like Xander saying it was "touch and go" in not having sex with her while she was under a love spell or having sex dreams about her while sitting next to her in class. Spike didn't originally want Buffy to know about the Buffybot. It was about him having this love and lust for her and choosing to project it onto an object instead of throwing it at her again when he knew she didn't want it.

Xander could let Buffy lead and have her back (sometimes) but the way he felt about her was still negative since his idolization led to putting her on a pedestal and his feelings cast a shadow on his ability to see her instead of the-girl-he-wants. Spike saw Buffy. He could separate the girl from the feelings he had for her. He couldn't separate himself from those feelings but that's different.

Xander would've sexualized the kiss. I think that Spike understood what that the kiss was not an invitation.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I don't think she meant giving him the crumb to further his agenda. It was more seeing someone hurting and giving them the thing that can ease that hurt. In that moment she felt he deserved a little hope. It wasn't until she realized she'd been giving him a forest of crumbs (confiding in him, hanging out with him instead of her friends, etc.) that she realized this isn't what she should be doing because of where he would be taking it.

Buffy would never give Xander a kiss like that because he completely sexualized their friendship from the very beginning. He could be a great friend but a lot of the times his actions were colored by his desire for her and Nice Guy entitlement.

When Spike thought he was talking to the Buffybot, he was being so honest and Buffy realized that what he did (creating the robot) wasn't from a place of exploitation but patheticness. It wasn't like Xander saying it was "touch and go" in not having sex with her while she was under a love spell or having sex dreams about her while sitting next to her in class. Spike didn't originally want Buffy to know about the Buffybot. It was about him having this love and lust for her and choosing to project it onto an object instead of throwing it at her again when he knew she didn't want it.

Xander could let Buffy lead and have her back (sometimes) but the way he felt about her was still negative since his idolization led to putting her on a pedestal and his feelings cast a shadow on his ability to see her instead of the-girl-he-wants. Spike saw Buffy. He could separate the girl from the feelings he had for her. He couldn't separate himself from those feelings but that's different.
Lots of good points about Xander.

I can't believe I ever thought Xander wanting to put a love spell on Cordy was sweet.

Of course Spike wanted to do the same thing with Dru but at least realized it wasn't what he should do in the end. Wow even when Spike was evil he proved better than Xander.

I think it meant a lot that Spike was treating the bot like it was a real person. It made Buffy see he hadn't wanted just her body. Too bad all the realizations in that moment didn't stick after Buffy was ripped from Heaven.

Spike could understand Buffy the woman and slayer.

It's one of the biggest reasons he is perfect for her.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

I think that part of the reason it didn't stick was that as soon as Spike started to realize that Buffy was genuinely returning his feelings, he started to pull back on his selflessness. He started to flirt more instead of being independently in love with her. In late S5 & all of S7 he loved Buffy regardless of if she felt it back and it was just a constant in him instead of him tying to make something of it. But some time in S6 (probably for the writers to get Spuffy happening) Spike began to push. And it caused Buffy to push back.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I think that part of the reason it didn't stick was that as soon as Spike started to realize that Buffy was genuinely returning his feelings, he started to pull back on his selflessness. He started to flirt more instead of being independently in love with her. In late S5 & all of S7 he loved Buffy regardless of if she felt it back and it was just a constant in him instead of him tying to make something of it. But some time in S6 (probably for the writers to get Spuffy happening) Spike began to push. And it caused Buffy to push back.
I think it was hard for Spike to be around Buffy and just being supportive wasn't easy when he was so in love with her. This is before he has his soul back but even someone with a soul could feel the same way. Then you add in how they didn't have an unhealthy relationship yet. There wasn't a real reason for him to feel he couldn't expect more. I will always wonder how diff. things for Spuffy would have been if Spike already had his soul back.

Both are trying to be friends but there has always been an attraction from the start. It's been building for close to 6 years. Spike did come in the third episode of Season 2. Season 1 wasn't even an entire season. Yeah only the one episode Season 3. The point is Spuffy finally exploded. They couldn't be just friends then. Look at the passion.

It brought a fracking building down and neither noticed til the morning after.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys
Old 10-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tee. I've missed you.

I was just thinking about PMing you.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Tee. I've missed you.

I was just thinking about PMing you.
Sorry been working the last couple of days
Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's what I thought.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that moment so much