Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-28-2004, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I see the shippers "war" has started here Well, I'm glad we can still be friends Anyway, I'm a B/aer and always will be but I still accept Spuffys so I think it's cool go get to know some nice ones.

Let's talk about Buffy Summers My favorite character ever in TV history. I loved how she could take care of herself and didn't need a guy to (bo-hoo) protect her all the time. You go girl! Loved her hair, outfits, quotes etc. I adore her in any way or shape

Old 05-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal CandyGirl
Let's talk about Buffy Summers My favorite character ever in TV history. I loved how she could take care of herself and didn't need a guy to (bo-hoo) protect her all the time. You go girl! Loved her hair, outfits, quotes etc. I adore her in any way or shape
Ok Buffy rules! but I hate her choice in dating the Immortal
Old 05-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Supreme Fan

dont get me started on buffy dating the immortal i hated that storyline.

and yes buffy rules shes cool.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread...

So, what does everyone admire most about Buffy?

I admit, being the dork I am, I used to pretend to be Buffy. I wanted to fight like her and be quick-witted. I admire her because she is tough both physcially and mentally - it takes a lot to break her, and I wish I had such strong mentality and physicaliness.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal CandyGirl
Wow, I see the shippers "war" has started here Well, I'm glad we can still be friends Anyway, I'm a B/aer and always will be but I still accept Spuffys so I think it's cool go get to know some nice ones.
Oh Caroline (hee, I totally just began to sing that OutKast song just then), hee it's not a war here. Just a friendly debate. Tee!Hee!

Oh I love me some Spuffies, lmfao alot of my good friends are.

Quote:
I loved how she could take care of herself and didn't need a guy to (bo-hoo) protect her all the time. You go girl! Loved her hair, outfits, quotes etc. I adore her in any way or shape
Hee, I agree with almost all of what you said here, except the "didn't need a guy", I mean she got there in the finale episode and a bit here and there in every season, but I wish she wasn't as dependant on the guys in her life.

Katie, lmfao so did I. I too am a dork. Hee! I remember I totally hated this girl at my highschool in year 8 and 9 and we so didn't get along, and I kept wanting her to hit me, so I could use Buffy's line from Ted, and be all "I was sooo hoping you'd do that" and then proceed to kick her ass. Lmfao. I also started up TaeKwonDoe because I was such a Buffy fan, and I was all damnit, I'm gonna learn how to fight. Bwah! So dorky!

Oh and I just love Buffy. I think my favourite thing about her was that she wasn't a perfect super hero. I find now-a-days with the superhero's there tooo perfect. Like there like the kindest person, they can do everything and there just perfect in every way, it kind of makes them totally unrelatable. I mean, I love ALIAS, but I find Sydney to be alot like that. A little too perfect, you know? Like there is nothing she can't do etc, etc. I prefer my characters to be a little bit more layered than that. I love that Buffy ****s up, and is a bitch, and she can be totally blonde and do stupid stuff, and she doesn't always make the right decisions, and it bites her in the ass, but she keeps going. She's alot more realistically human than most "superhero's" nowadays, lmfao and I just *love* that!

*sigh* I miss this show soooo much. I don't know what I'd do without my tapes. *sniffle*

Oh and the Buffy and the Immortal thing, pfft whatever, I refuse to believe that until I see SMG on my screen acting it out. Right now its as valid to me as fanfiction.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie
Thanks for starting the new thread...

So, what does everyone admire most about Buffy?

I admit, being the dork I am, I used to pretend to be Buffy. I wanted to fight like her and be quick-witted. I admire her because she is tough both physcially and mentally - it takes a lot to break her, and I wish I had such strong mentality and physicaliness.
I still do that

Let's just pretend that the person dating the Immortal wasn't really Buffy and that the real Buffy was trapped in another dimension and was recently released. kicked the crap out of the immortal and went to find Angel and Spike in LA
Old 05-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Supreme Fan

what i admire about the buffster is her strength to go on everyday saving the world even knowing that might be her last day she still fights, i love that shes not a perfect superhero she makes mistakes and has her flaws about her. i admire her cause shes got great friends that help her out . i admire alot about buffy.

i agree about the immortal thing we didnt see buffy so we dont have to believe it not matter how hard they want us to believe it. they didnt even show the immortal or buffy.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hee, I agree with almost all of what you said here, except the "didn't need a guy", I mean she got there in the finale episode and a bit here and there in every season, but I wish she wasn't as dependant on the guys in her life.
Yeah, that is basically what I mean. Buffy didn't need a guy if she didn't want one and could be independent and take care of herself.

I love Buffy so much. I totally agree about the not being perfect thing. It is ridiculous to say that someone can be perfect because they can't. A person cannot be perfect in everyone's eyes no matter what anyone says. I love Buffy because she made lots of mistakes and bad decisions, but that is what life is like, wheter you are a slayer or not and Buffy realized she learned from her mistakes. She knew life was tough and hard, even when you are a "superhero." She even died two times, but she still came back and fought although she was really worn and sick of the whole slayer thing. I think it started in the last eps of s5. Buffy became tired of all the stuff around her and she was tired of fighting evil 24/7. She was ready to jump in the end on the Gift and she knew what she had to do and she accepted it. That girl just rules and she doesn't give up, no matter how tiring everything is.

Old 05-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

I love this pic from a promo Buffy shoot:

mckenzie_j
Old 05-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

add me too, i am a buffy lover.
Marissa: Thank You
Old 05-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Added you all Glad to see so many Buffy fans

Old 05-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Buffy rocks!!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Do you guys reckon that if someone other than SMG had played Buffy you would have liked the character as much?
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Supreme Fan

i dont think so sarah is my buffy for me . i dont think i wouldve liked her as much or even watched buffy cause sarahs the whole reason for me watching it and ikwydls, we read it in reading class then i saw it was a movie and sarah was in it then i started watching buffy and got hooked on her and the show...
Old 05-30-2004, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

If SMG hadn't have been Buffy we wouldn't know any different. We'd probably be praising the actress that played her on another board.
We wouldn't be able to compare it to anything...if you get what I mean.