Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-28-2003, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

She also did a great job in "The Body" -- when she was yelling to Giles "They said not to move the body!" and the impact of her words hit her, it was so heart-breaking.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

The Body always has that effect on me...she nailed *every* scene in that. As usual, she had the most to do, and did it all so, so well. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

When Buffy throws up when she finds Joyce, I feel like [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img] as well...Sarah looked *so* sick in that scene...great make-up enhanced a hundred times by the actor. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And the Buffy/Tara convo at the hospital... [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 12-28-2003, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I absolutely love The Body! Sarah was really good in it and all the emotions and I just love it! So sad [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
→ 182

Old 12-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

And the Buffy/Tara convo at the hospital... [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I really liked that. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
→ 182

Old 12-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Omg Sarah was friggen' phenonemal in 'The Body', her acting was amazing. I love that whole opeing part of the episode where she finds her mum! *bawl* OMG, and in 'Forever' where she finally breaks down. That was amazing, and I cried soooo much! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Oh God, "Forever" made me cry like a little baby. The ending scene with her and Dawn was so frickin' heart-breaking.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

I was really dissappointed in Buffy's behavior in the last two seasons of the show. She just wasn't my Buffy.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Mo - I agree..the last 2 seasons, she was missing that extra something. In s7, the writers tried to make her the more 'perky', ditzy Buffy of the first couple of seasons, but I think by then, it was too little, too late...also because she was doing stupid things like picking SPIKE over her Scoobs. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Still, loved her from Welcome to the hellmouth to Chosen. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

And Forever..that Buffy/Dawn scene at the end was really the only time that anything regarding Dawn directly made me [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] like a baby. When they both just collapse to their knees...so gut-wrenching. Sarah's face when she's explaining herself to Dawn... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 12-30-2003, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz:
<STRONG>...also because she was doing stupid things like picking SPIKE over her Scoobs. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Yeah [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Mo-:
<STRONG>I was really dissappointed in Buffy's behavior in the last two seasons of the show. She just wasn't my Buffy.</STRONG>
yeah...it was disappointing fo sure...i mean i think she was better in S7, but what did we expect after coming back from heaven?

Stop Hate
Old 12-30-2003, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Yeah so was I. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] It was a shame that they demeaned her character so much. I mean my strong, powerful, independant Buffy... was now a sex slave to a vampire she loathed? The girl who died for her sister, is now abandoning her to ***** Spike? I despise that storyline. And not just because I'm B/A... but because in order to make that ship work they had to rewrite both alot of the mythology of Buffy, and had to undermine her character up until then.

In the beginning of season seven, she started to get the 'Buffy-vibe' back, but then it all went to hell - again, because of friken' Spike. Gah! I hate that a character that I used to love (Spike) ended up being on of my least favourite characters EVER!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I actually liked Bufy and Spike to some degree. But I'm more of a Buffy and Angel fan.

“A car is not a bedroom on wheels!”-Kitty, That 70’s Show
Old 01-01-2004, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by djforalways:
<STRONG>I actually liked Bufy and Spike to some degree. But I'm more of a Buffy and Angel fan.</STRONG>
Good. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I still love Spike - there have been times (of course) where I've loathed his character - but mostly, loved him right through to Chosen. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] But what I really *loathed* was how they involved Buffy in all these Spike-glorified storylines. That's what stuffed it up..coz of course, Buffy was stuffed up as a result. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] You can't blame Spike alone..but he sure was a big part of her 'demise'.

And yep, the breakdown of the Scoobs because of Spike was the worst and biggest casualty - it shouldn't have gone there. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

And about Buffy coming back from heaven - fair enough, she'd just come back from heaven so she would be a bit different, sad, depressed or whatever - but for about 2 whole seasons! Come on. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] The "I'm so unlucky, feel sorry for me, please" storyline never sticks for too long - and definitely not when you're applying it to the supposed heroine of the show. The beginning of season sex was great, IMO; was intrigued with where they would take this Buffy returning thing...

But coz it just dragged, and they didn't really do anything with it... *shrugs*

~ Chosen
Old 01-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Supreme Fan

buffy has always been my favortie charater.
i agree buffy lost some of her old spark in season 6 and she was buffy again in season 7,for half the season until the SITs came .
i hated when they kicked her out it was sad cause of the look on sarahs face when dawn told her to leave.

i loved buffster unitl the end.

[ 01-22-2004: Message edited buffysmgfan26 ]
Old 01-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that Season 6 was good..right up until the episode after the "Tabulsa whatever" episode. Something about it..just brought the whole show down for me.

I started to really dislike Spike in Season 6, I think it was because I missed bad ass Spike. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]