Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

Hee, Cordy's wide hips. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Samii - Nope, didn't catch the OC. I watched a bit of it (like 20 minutes), but then my tv got held hostage by visitors. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'll definitely watch it this Thurs, though. And Adam Brody...? Hmmm, he's okay I guess. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] He's on GG. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
And totally with you on Becoming being the bestest season finale (or ep) ever of ANY tv series. Ever. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

And I know exactly what Buffy special you're talking about - I taped it when it was on back in the day I had Foxtel. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Natasha Stott-Despoja loves Buffy--- my fave politician. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And yep Katie, Buffy is really the only character to make me cry. In fact, BtVS (and IWRY in AtS) is the only show in my history of tv-watching that has ever provoked tears from these eyes. It was mostly due to Sarah, of course. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I mean, even in Chosen, when I thought I couldn't cry anymore over this show, I still [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

And welcome newbies! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Now....fave Buffy one-liners? Speaking of the Cordy insults, I love this one from When she was bad:
"Cordelia, your mouth is open and sound is coming from it. This is never good."

What a bitcah. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited nikz ]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 12-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Oh God. There are so many Buffy one-liners that I love. I'm going to have to look around sites. Honestly though, even though I loved every season of Buffy, I think she had the best one-liners in the first 2 seasons.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm so excited because I just got Buffy Season 5 and 6 on DVD yesterday [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

I started watching S5 right away! Watched the first 4 episodes and it really reminded me how much I miss the show!
The last episode I saw was the one when Spike has that dream that he's kissing Buffy, realizing he's in love with her. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] it so much!!

One of my favorite Buffy moment was also when she got the price 'Class Protector' at her prom. I still cry everytime I see the episode.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Emilie: I completely forgot about that scene. Such a sweet scene. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, I have a question regarding Buffy as the whole TV Show. In my opinion, I think that the show should have ended in Season 5 when Buffy died. The last two seasons of the show did not do well to me..besides the musical episode, it seemed pointless. Plus, the whole FE thing was too quick -> I think it should have been maybe two seasons or something.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Old 12-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie:
<STRONG>Emilie: I completely forgot about that scene. Such a sweet scene. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, I have a question regarding Buffy as the whole TV Show. In my opinion, I think that the show should have ended in Season 5 when Buffy died. The last two seasons of the show did not do well to me..besides the musical episode, it seemed pointless. Plus, the whole FE thing was too quick -&gt; I think it should have been maybe two seasons or something.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?</STRONG>

Emilie - you're so lucky! I want my Buffy dvds. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

And Katie, answer to your question:

I can understand what you're saying that it should have ended at s5. I can *kinda* agree with it - during most of season 6, I was saying the same thin, unfortunately. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But now, when I watch s6, I can (with some of the eps- not all of them), see what I missed the first time around, and I like it a lot more now. As for season 7, I've always pretty much loved that season. I mean, I can complain heaps about it (the FE being a great concept, but poorly executed; the annoying SITs, not enough Scooby Gang lovin', not enough Giles - and he was 'maybe evil' for some of the time), but really, I quite love it. IMHO, the last half of the season or so (from about First Date til the end) was rockin' my socks. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When I think about it, s7 is like my 3rd fave season. 2&3 are pretty much tied at number 1, then comes s7, then probably s5 and 1, s4 and then s6. But the last few spots on my list changes every now and again. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

But yeah, for the most part, I don't think it should have ended at s5. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this show. Good, bad and ugly. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 12-10-2003, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

I honestly think about that alot, when I watch the last few seasons. I really feel that Marti did an awful job with season 6, and just diminished the character of Buffy sooo much. I was p*ssed dude, I was like WTF... she would not do that. Don't re-write history - I totally get SMG's annoyance with the way Buffy was written, I mean SMG took great pride in that character, and to have her basically become a sex slave to a vampire she hates, well that was just wrong IMO and completely diminishing.

And I just felt that the last two seasons really slayed the scooby gang, in the end it felt they were friends out of necessity and obligation, as opposed to choice. I mean they shouldn't have ended the series with gang having an almighty blow out with Buffy, kicking her out of her own damn house (don't even get me started on how p*ssed I was with the scooby gang there) then taking her back, only when Faith *****ed up, and no apologies from either side, no real resolution. It just felt rushed to me, and I wish the blow up would have been mid season, and we could have spent the rest of the season with that 'love' vibe back. I mean Giles/Willow never really got to reconnect with Buffy after that, and that was sad. Because I'm going to remember them like that, bitter at the end. And my other irritation was that soooo much stuff was left unsolved, I mean "Buffy's not going to choose you", the First? WTF so much hoop-lah about it, yet we never got to see it at its power. So that was dissapointing, Spike's soul was a piece of crap storyline... ahh, it annoys me because the last season had a lot of potential. But I just don't think the writers knew what they wanted to do with it. I mean the first 7 episodes or so ruled, I thought they were great, and eps like Storyteller etc, were really good... but overall it just dragged on too long. *sigh*

But I suppose overall I think it probably should have ended season 5... but I wouldn't have liked it to end with her dead. I don't know, I'm torn. But yeah, it was an awesome finale, so yeah that would probably have been better.

Ooh and yeah the Prom episode makes me cry sooo much. Buffy and Angel sewer talk [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Buffy and Willow talking on Buffy's bed [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Buffy receiving Class Protector Award [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Buffy and Angel dancing [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Ah, wild horses couldn't drag me away. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Samii, it's a shame you said all those things. They made me realise some things that I didn't really consider at first....or at least didn't really think too much about. Mostly, the way they ended it with the Scoobs being so estranged, and yes, their relationship didn't seem that genuine anymore in the end. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It really did suck that way...and as much as I loved the whole kicking Buffy out of HER house (didn't love what was happening, but [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the way it 'touched' me - I [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] - I love it when they do that to me [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] ), it was too late in the season. They certainly should have had the bust-up earlier, and perhaps introduced the FE to the characters a bit later.

Oh, and I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] SMG for speaking her mind about the disappointment her character had sort of become, mostly in s6. And yep, Marti sucks big time.

But still, I wouldn't have wanted a dead slayer after watching 5 years of the best show ever. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 12-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz:
<STRONG>But still, I wouldn't have wanted a dead slayer after watching 5 years of the best show ever. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Word!

Old 12-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know. I guess a part of me agrees with it, but then another part is against it. Season 5 had more of a closure thing to it. I didn't like how Season 7 ended. The finale was severely lacking. Whereas 5 had so much emotional baggage with it.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie:
<STRONG>I don't know. I guess a part of me agrees with it, but then another part is against it. Season 5 had more of a closure thing to it. I didn't like how Season 7 ended. The finale was severely lacking. Whereas 5 had so much emotional baggage with it.</STRONG>
Nah, I reckon the finale was great. Thought it had the amount of emotional baggage it needed. It wasn't *really* ended, because, it wasn't *really* the end. The Gift certainly had a very finale thing to it.

I do agree a little bit, though, that the finale was lacking a little. I don't exactly know in what...but something. I think what I thought it was lacking was...more Angel! And other old fave characters. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I suppose because when I watched Chosen, I knew it was the last ep of Buffy EVER, but when I watched the Gift, I knew it wasn't the end....

Ah, it's all so [img]smilies/spinface.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 12-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Chosen. I thought Buffy looked so umm...it was like she was finally breathing in the last scene. I really liked that moment although it was sad.

[ 12-14-2003: Message edited Immortal CandyGirl ]

Old 12-15-2003, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal CandyGirl:
<STRONG>I liked Chosen. I thought Buffy looked so umm...it was like she was finally breathing in the last scene. I really liked that moment although it was sad.

[ 12-14-2003: Message edited Immortal CandyGirl ]</STRONG>
Oh, totally agree. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Chosen. It's in my op 10, maybe 5 of eps. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And yep, I loved how Buffy was like rejuvenated, so to speak, at the end. She just looked so at peace...finally free. Such a pretty sight. Only thing that ruined it was Dawn getting the last word. She did NOT deserve that. Bitca.

~ Chosen
Old 12-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal CandyGirl:
<STRONG>I liked Chosen. I thought Buffy looked so umm...it was like she was finally breathing in the last scene. I really liked that moment although it was sad.
</STRONG>
Hi [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I loved that scene, I was like that [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] snif...
Old 12-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nikz:
<STRONG>
Only thing that ruined it was Dawn getting the last word. She did NOT deserve that. Bitca.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
The voice...hee hee hee [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 02:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Walloo:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
The voice...hee hee hee [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oh, yes, her voice is just one of the many things that ruined that last scene. It's soooo..annoying. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Ah, well..and honestly, gotta say the ME monster at the end going grrr..arggh was cool and all, but I was expecting more. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ Chosen