Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

Doy's back for good. Now never leave again, otherwise I'll hunt you down and kick your butt, do you hear me??

I find that funny, that people bonded over Roswell. The same happened to me. I was doing the 40hour famine, organising it and stuff, and we met with other schools around the area. This one girl loved Roswell, and we bonded over the CD coz I'd just gotten it.

It turned out she actually posted here, and we had talked online! It was so funny.

Oh thanks! But there's no way I'd be in the running. I'm loyal to the show, sure, but there's others out there who would probably get an award for it! I'll settle for Bronze

Yea, I was the same. I was like, who?? What the??

Ah, the good old days when Brendan had a board. It was soo cool. So stupid of me to move away, coz after I moved, people stopped posting there, and the board was taken away. I bet if I'd stayed, I would have managed to convince everyone else to stay, and his board would have stayed too. But no, I had to have a life!

It's so funny to hear the term "Egyptian" being thrown around, coz I can remember when that first started up. And it's really only just started up again since I mentioned it to someone on the Brendan Thread. The next thing I know, people are doing arts with Egyptian scrawled on it, and people are calling themselves Egyptians! It's great to see it come back.

Altho, people are now using it in context to Candy, when it was a general thing before.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 02-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

I didn't post too regularly over on Brendan's old board - a few times at the BOF thread, but that was about it. People seemed very nice there, though.

As much as it would be nice for him to have a board again, I'm also hoping for Alexis Denisof (Wesley from Angel). Because I became such a Wesley fan over the years, and think he is such an awesome actor. Ugh - too bad we can only vote once, huh?

Although the winner will probably be one of the people I don't know, with my luck. But no, I should think more positively than that, right?

I've been around FF for several years now. I was such a newbie when I started posting at the Candy thread over on the Roswell board, and asked so many clueless questions (which, come to think of it, I still do ). People were extremely helpful. I remember obsessive-compulsive posting, and coming straight to the boards after a new episode in S2 (that's when I started posting here - second half of S2). In particular, I spent hours here after HoM, because I was just left a bit unsettled by the episode. I couldn't figure out how I felt about it, so I was floating around posting. Not that Roswell is that major a part of my life or anything. (Yes, doy, it is a defensive instinct ).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't that bad! I spent half my time here, the other half putting fics up over at Roswell Ramblings at Roswell Underground. So I wasn't here that often.

My main posting spot on the Brendan board was Brendan's Family. I loved it there! We were insane! It was great.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

It took me a while to get into fan fic. But once I did, it was Roswell fic, of course. Candy, to be specific.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-03-2005, 03:12 AM
doy
Loyal Fan

Yeah, Candy fanfics are the ones that got me into reading fanfiction. And I honestly think that Roswell fic writers are the best writers I have encountered. Although that's not saying much because I seldom read non-Roswell fic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Warper
Now never leave again, otherwise I'll hunt you down and kick your butt, do you hear me??
(...)
I bet if I'd stayed, I would have managed to convince everyone else to stay, and his board would have stayed too.
With that manner of "convincing", yes, I am sure you would have managed to make them stay.

If I could vote twice, I'd probably vote for Topher Grace, or Jake Gyllenhaal. Though I'd probably never post there due to my being a lazy poster (which no butt-kicking from Tahra could cure, I'm afraid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
Not that Roswell is that major a part of my life or anything. (Yes, doy, it is a defensive instinct ).
I bet if you get a penny for everytime you say that sentence (or how you're not at all obsessed with Michael), you could buy Roswell from UPN and Katims by now. Now if only that were true, huh?
Old 02-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Now see I don't even know who those two people (Topher Grace and Jake Gyllenhaal) are. I am clearly very out of the TV loop.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

candies

I made a Candy Music Video What If-Kate Winslet

Hope you like it

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

I watched the CYN commentary last night. At one point, Ronald Moore was talking about how Michael really came through for Maria and her family, and how Michael was so great in this tragedy, and it made me all happy. 'Cause it's always good to hear someone else realize how wonderful Michael can be. He's the sort of guy who has tons of faults, but who you know you can count on when things are falling to pieces around you.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys!

Quote:
If I could vote twice, I'd probably vote for Topher Grace, or Jake Gyllenhaal. Though I'd probably never post there due to my being a lazy poster (which no butt-kicking from Tahra could cure, I'm afraid)
Wanna bet?!

I was actually writing fan fic before I'd ever read it! In fact I was writing Roswell fan fic before I was even a big fan. It was the fault of one of my friends.

*Here's a true confession btw, be warned, shocks are abound!*

This was back when I was a hardcore Dreamer!!! Yes. I was once a Dreamer! I loved them! Then my mate got me into Roswell, completely and totally, and I started writing fan fic, and I found that Candy was soo much better!

In fact, have you guys ever heard the term "Lamptrimmers", the other shipper name for Tess/Kyle? Well, that was the first ever term for that couple, and it was that particular mate who came up with it! Back in the day man.

Now she hates the program

Topher Grace was in That 70's Show... But I'm not too sure who he played... I think it was Eric, but don't quote me on that!

Jake Gyllenhaal was Donnie Darko. And he was in "The Day After Tomorrow".

Sally, Hi!! Cool, Candy vid, better go check it out!

I can't wait to get S2 on DVD! I haven't seen it in soooo long!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info about those actors, although they didn't really help me much, since I've never seen those shows/movies. But I appreciate the thought.

Yeah, I've almost always heard Lamptrimmers as the term for Tess/Kyle. I've posted over on their threads a few times. What's the other term - Rebounders?

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Anla, you've never seem them?! OMFoo! You have to watch both "Donnie Darko" and "The Day After Tomorrow". They've got some amazing actors in them.

Donnie Darko also has Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jake's sister, and she was in Mona Lisa Smile, with Julia Roberts... Donnie also has Drew Barrymore and Patrick Swayze.

TDAT has Dennis Quaid in it, and it's a Natural Disaster movie... My mum and I love those kind of movies.

Yea, I don't know where the term "Rebounders" came from, but my mate Rosie thought of "Lamptrimmers". I was with her when she thought it up, and I thought it was totally cool... And then about a year later, everyone started to call them Rebounders and Lamptrimmers sort of fazed out.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

And while I've heard of Rebounders, the name I've really heard used in association with Kyle/Tess is Lamptrimmers. Guess it's made a come-back.

I remember how confused I was when I first started coming to FF and tried getting used to all the shipper names. I still suspect that Roswell had the most shipper names of any fandom.

And to be on-topic: I thought the name "Candy" for M&M was so cute.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yea I know... There are still shipper names that I have no idea they existed or what couple/threesome they're for! I guess that's why people reverted back to Max/Liz or M/L, M&M...

Yea... But Candy so fits in with them, you know? M&M's are a candy. It just works... I don't think any name wouild suit them as well.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 02-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

yeah I remember beeing all confused, I still am
I just know like the basics

but Candy is just perfect for Maria and Michael

Nicky
Old 02-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Candy works.