Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

I just changed my computer. It's now black with a beautiful LCD screen. And it's fast and silent! The difference with my previous computer is astonishing.
We spent all day yesterday buying the missing pieces and putting them all together. It's been a long day.

I wanted to take a picture of it but I can't find my camera

(yes, this is just an excuse to bump this thread )
Old 08-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Ahh, being an editor is something I've always considered But not a teacher. I wouldn't mind teaching at some point of my life for a change or even if I wanted to try new things and earn money, but I'd rather keep it just for that nothing bigger.

Oh vi, I know the thing! When we changed computers it was such a weird thing. Mine is soundless now, it only does a weird sound when it gets on and that's it!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 08-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

My computer was supposed to be soundless too. But with the four fans in it, it makes a little noise The most disturbing thing was that I changed sides, the screen is now where the tower was so I can see the screen with my blinds open (which I couldn't before).
Old 09-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

I'm still saving to buy a new laptop, my old one broke down like 3 weeks ago So now I have to use my dad's computer and I don't really like it I'm just not used to sharing a computer anymore

I passed my exams I had to do in August so in 10 days I'm going to the second year of college
Old 09-07-2006, 06:13 AM
New Fan

I know I'm not supposed to just say "Hi", but since I'm a newbie, I'm taking advantage of it as much as I can...

So I'm introducing myself... I'm Ju, I'm brazilian, but I live in Paris, I used to post here a looooooooong time ago but forgot everything about it (including my old password... therefore, new username)...

Trying to include myself in the conversation where I don't know anyone and that ended some time ago...

I'm extremely glad that I finally got myself a laptop which is extremely silent... when I was still home, I had this ridiculously loud computer on the entire night in my room, including a matrix printer... yes that noisy one... but I was so used to it, it didn't even bother me anymore...

Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Oh, you can say 'hi' if you don't just leave it at that Welcome back to FF Ju It's cool to have a brand new silent computer, isn't it?
What's the weather like in Paris? I'm near Bordeaux right now and it's hot, hot, hot!

I'm passing by to say hello aswell. I'm at dad's and I'm leaving for my grandma's tomorrow. I'm taking my last opportunity to leave a post as I won't have the internet where I'm going. My dad has just bought a house, we went to visit it today. It's very pretty and there's huge garden. I have a feeling I know where I'm going to spend my holidays now

Congrats Nele on passing your exams!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:49 PM
New Fan

It's actually pretty cold here today... well, not really, but yesterday I was barely able to stop sweating, and today I was missing my jacket..
I don't want summer to be over!!!!

House with a garden? In France? Sounds veeeeeery nice... enjoy your holidays, and your grandma!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

The weather is so bizarre now. I'd like it to choose which season it's supposed to be.

Thank you! The house is where I am, in France, yes (not really surprising as we're french). It's actually pretty nice to be here because in Dordogne there are a lot of english people so I hope I'll find some nice people to talk to in english. Because most of the time I speak to myself
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Hey Ju welcome to the thread
My name is Nele and I'm from Belgium

Your father's house sounds really nice Vi!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:50 AM
New Fan

Thanks for the welcome, Nele!!!

And, Vi, if you want to speak English you should come to Paris... I've been living here for 7 months and I feel like the only french words I need to know are Pardon and Merci. Like the other 5 years I studied french were just useless...

I just hate it when I'm in some store, and start speaking french to the sales clerk, and he answers in english... I mean, seriously!!! I might have an accent, but I CAN understand the guy!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

Hey girls!

Good to see some movement on the thread!

First of all, welcome Ju My name is Cristina, although everyone here calls me Cris, and I'm from Barcelona.

Vi, that house is the one you posted a picture of? Well, if i'm not mistaken the picture was from the garden but it was really pretty! I hope you have a nice time!

Nele

I can't believe summer is already over I start classes on the 18, when do you guys start?
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 09-08-2006, 04:12 AM
New Fan

Hey, Cris

I know... the end of summer just sucks... even more since we seem to be getting 3 different seasons a day... it's the climate lottery...

I do hope it'll still be warm in Barcelona at the end of the month, though... I'm going there for a weekend in the end of the month... I'll ask you the day before what to pack, Cris...

No classes for me... graduated last year... the down part is that I get almost no vacations at work, because I'm still an intern...
Old 09-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Whoa, this thread is moving!

Nele- well done about the exams!
Ju- welcome back By the way I'm also a forigner in Bangkok, and it IS really annoying when the people talk to you in English when you talk Thai..
Cris- Happy for you about the house, I've always wanted to live in a house

End of summer *does* suck. I started school 2 weeks ago, on the 29th of August... And the weather is hot and rainy and humid as usual.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

I have to get my schedule September 15th and the classes start the 19th

Nice Avatar Haddie
Old 09-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Are you talking about the 'Whoa' one? Because I changed it quite a few times ovet the last couple of days.. Thanks anyways