Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2023, 12:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes. FBI, FBI: Most Wanted, & FBI: International.

Crossovers bug me a little. They just don't always translate for everyone or around the world. Especially when shows do them all the time.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

^^ I think it's a way to get more people to watch the other shows on the network but I don't.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I expect it is but it doesn't always work that way. I watched the Arrowverse big crossover events, but still only watched Arrow not the other shows. So mostly they were just making me watch more episodes that week. At least with Arrowverse that translated over here. For L&O it doesn't. Don't think One Chicago does either. It certainly didn't when One Chicago crossed over with SVU. All the shows air on different channels here & at different times. It is far more common for that to occur than for things to work over here. For the NCIS one at the start of the year they actually had to hold off airing NCIS & Hawaii because they hadn't been airing LA, but then they ended up still jumping ahead in the LA episodes just so they could air the crossover & go back to airing NCIS & Hawaii. Then because they were delaying them I'm now just watching all three shows on Paramount+ so I don't have to wait as they've been adding the episodes after they air in the US (which surprises me as that's encouraging people away from their free to air channel, but oh well their loss, my gain). The same channel doesn't put together any crossovers for FBI, they were just nice with NCIS.

With streaming services & channels at least here which fast track it can get better. But when each show can be picked up by ANY channel in other countries it gets hard. They're not going to play nice & all air in the right time so episodes line up. That isn't something they'd care about. Plus some probably have rules on when they're allowed to air things.

Oddly when Channel 9 here went to start airing Organised Crime, Channel 10 switched two SVU episodes around so that the first part of their crossover premiere aired first. It was a shock. They haven't been nice since, but it was really nice that they had done that since they didn't have to. It isn't like Channel 9 went 'oh this show actually starts in SVU & Channel 10 is almost at that episode, lets wait a week before we start airing so people can see the SVU episode first'.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-21-2023, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

If there is a crossover, sometimes I will just read the episode summaries of the shows I dint' watch. I'm not going to put in the time for a show I never watched just to see a conclusion.

I did love the crossover event for the 3 L&O, that worked out because I watch all 3!
Old 04-21-2023, 07:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I can understand doing that

Yeah that can work out . I had that with NCIS. But L&O executed theirs better. It was more of a big case going across three episodes. While NCIS had that, they had more of an individual show & episode feel still. But I was a little at a loss with L&O not watching L&O itself. Of course if Australia wanted to start airing the revival I'd probably check it out

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-23-2023, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

^^ At least even if it's not airing, you have the option to google for episode recaps for what you did miss.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes Which is handy

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2023, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

There have been a few occasions where I've read a recap and they had everything wrong. I had to double check that I had the right episode and I did, but clearly the person writing the review didn't watch...at all!
Old 04-24-2023, 05:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Well that helps

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2023, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

What's more sad is them getting paid for it.
Old 04-26-2023, 12:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

& still don't care

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-28-2023, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Plus, how do inaccuracies like that get past an editor before sharing.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I have no idea Maybe people don't actually read them? Or the editor also didn't watch

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-30-2023, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Or they really just don't give a flying cupcake what they share as long as their online 'magazine/paper' gets clicks.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Most likely is that one

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread