Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2023, 01:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sometimes. My parents bought a show for my sister once buying the individual seasons because it was cheaper than the boxset. I did it with NCIS LA too & I think something else. We've got a nice store that does some pretty good specials like buy two get one free. Comes in handy sometimes

Looking it up Amazon wouldn't be the way to go here. It is more expensive & that's before getting into shipping. Only place you can buy the seasons individually though. They only sell the boxset at the main/physical DVD store here & the other one doesn't sell it at all.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

^^ I also depends on how many seasons too. Some shows that only have 5 or 6 seasons are cheaper in a box set but with L&O franchise, there's SO many seasons!
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not always. Both examples I mentioned were longer shows (8+ seasons) & cheaper to buy individually than in their boxsets. But it is why I'm holding off on SVU as I imagine it'll probably be cheaper to buy as a boxset. Think I'll be waiting for the show to end for it to get one though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-20-2023, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Maybe it depends on Country/Region, it's always cheaper for me to do lump buys in box set versions.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Probably. We have a pretty good store here which often has good specials. Then box sets can be on the expensive side

I don't think I have ever seen the later seasons of CI. What is it like without Goren & Eames?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-20-2023, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Goren and Eames were in all ten seasons, but there were episodes they were not in over those seasons.

The series had about 195 episodes and they were in 141,144 of those episodes over all 10 seasons.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There is a season they aren't in. I think they appear in the first episode & are then gone. But then they were brought back for S10 or something like that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

They were in the first two episodes of S9, then are gone until 10.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I knew it was something like that, thanks

What is S9 like? Or do you not notice their absence so much then? I always preferred their episodes personally

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-20-2023, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

I loved the style of the show in general so I did miss them but the stories were still great. It's like missing Stabler after he left SVU, you notice the absence but the stories are still gripping and enjoyable.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That makes sense. Nice comparison & way to look at it

I might give it a go. I did just see that they've now started CI on TV from the beginning too. Must've started last week by the look of it. Three episodes every Tuesday night. Nice little treats with all three shows being on there. Not that I'm watching L&O. I think if I want to tackle that one I'll borrow the boxset from my parents. I'll stick to SVU & CI for now. They seem less daunting somehow as I know I've seen pieces of both of them (well most of SVU)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-21-2023, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Plus the other actors that have minor roles are enjoyable too. I liked Jeff Goldblum a lot.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That helps. I'm not sure if I saw his character or not. I know I've seen more the earlier seasons so possibly not

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-25-2023, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

I think he was in later seasons.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

S8 & 9 according to the OP

Interestingly Jeff Goldblum is on the episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show I'm watching right now . He's going to perform with Kelly later . Also just found out he's going to be in the Wicked musical movie which I didn't realise/make the connection for before

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread