Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss GoodManners (View Post)
New topic...Lorelai saw something that reminded her of a young herself in Caroline...do you think Emily has noticed it too and that's way she was a bit more terrible with her,maybe because memories hurt her? Share you thoughts! I'm curious as usual!
I don´t think she was bad with Caroline,the girl wasn´t behaving correctly and was scolded, but with Charlotte was a total bitch.

Welcome back Riska, so it seems I´m the only one Trollop that disliked Emily
Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Welcome back Riska

Quote:
New topic...Lorelai saw something that reminded her of a young herself in Caroline...do you think Emily has noticed it too and that's way she was a bit more terrible with her,maybe because memories hurt her? Share you thoughts! I'm curious as usual!
I think as Aurora that she wasn't so bad to Caroline. She had to teach them good manners. I don't think she has noticed it really but I've a notion that the whole cotillion to recollect her at the time when Lorelai was in this age.

Quote:
BTW...any updates?
I second that question.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Welcome back Riska! Hope you had a marvelous time.
Quote:
I blame the sex texting.
Ugh, don't get me started on that.
Quote:
BTW...any updates?
I wish. I think Alise and Cyber have abandoned us.

~Avi by Valerie~
Old 10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

mlillard- thanks for add me...but it´s _virgo_ !!

pimbolina, Valerie4, sevill13 and ainie- thanks for welcome!!!

Miss GoodManners- thanks for the welcome to you too!! and yes, it´s astological sign!!!

I´m obsessed with House and Cam and with the show!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevill13 (View Post)
So it seems I´m the only one Trollop that disliked Emily

Ah, not quite I was dissapointed w/ her performance handling the girls. It is one thing for her to be a "b*tch" to maids or Shira or an adult, but I find it hard to believe the old Emily would be that harsh on a child. Just like last season when she was playing cards with that little girl. I think they are only using her harsh personality for comedic purposes not for how they think the character would really handle the situation. I thought it was horrible when Emily wouldn't even let Charlotte refill her glass with ice.
LORELAI: Yeah. I remember one time when I was a kid, Dad had put on some weight, and he bought a new suit to try to cover it up. And he wore it for us and he said, 'How do I look?' and I said, 'You look fat.'...
Old 10-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _virgo_ (View Post)
mlillard- thanks for add me...but it´s _virgo_ !!
All righty, it's fixed.

~Avi by Valerie~
Old 10-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
yes, it´s astological sign!!!
I'm virgo too. It rocks
Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore2 (View Post)
Ah, not quite I was dissapointed w/ her performance handling the girls. It is one thing for her to be a "b*tch" to maids or Shira or an adult, but I find it hard to believe the old Emily would be that harsh on a child. Just like last season when she was playing cards with that little girl. I think they are only using her harsh personality for comedic purposes not for how they think the character would really handle the situation. I thought it was horrible when Emily wouldn't even let Charlotte refill her glass with ice.
I disagree. Emily's behaviour with the girls was totally Emily IMO.
Remember how she used to be with Gigi, nothing different there and that was in 5x12.
There weren't a lot of scenes with Emily around children in the past, so there isn't much to compare. But as you said, when she found out that the girl wasn't April she reacted in the same manner.
Emily makes no difference between adults and children regarding good manners or pointing things out when something is done wrong.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlillard (View Post)
All righty, it's fixed.
thanks!!!

ainie- Are you virgo too?? When you were born?? ...yes, we rock!!!

BTW, you can call me Aroa.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolina (View Post)
I disagree. Emily's behaviour with the girls was totally Emily IMO.
Remember how she used to be with Gigi, nothing different there and that was in 5x12.
There weren't a lot of scenes with Emily around children in the past, so there isn't much to compare. But as you said, when she found out that the girl wasn't April she reacted in the same manner.
Emily makes no difference between adults and children regarding good manners or pointing things out when something is done wrong.
Although I agree she was a little harsh with Charlotte I think it was keeping in character. She expects perfection and she obviously didn't get it. Same thing with Sookie. In the past Sookie has always done everything pretty much right. The peanut butter and jelly thing pushed Emily over the edge I think and really, what was Sookie thinking anyway? Like Emily Gilmore would really have approved of that. I know she said the girls were only 10 but come on, this was supposed to have been a high tea or a formal tea or just a plain tea. Hell, I don't know the difference.

~Avi by Valerie~
Old 10-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Mel, Liene made you a banner: Click.

I hope you like it!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree Mel. Emily praised Sookie for the food she made which Emily requested for the girls and the high tea, but Sookie's "circus food" was totally inappropriate for that sort of thing, Sookie should know Emily better than this.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainie (View Post)
Mel, Liene made you a banner: Click.

I hope you like it!
Yay! I love it! Thank you so much and thank Liene for me too.

Quote:
Emily praised Sookie for the food she made which Emily requested for the girls and the high tea, but Sookie's "circus food" was totally inappropriate for that sort of thing, Sookie should know Emily better than this.
Exactly. But here's the thing...KB can do no wrong with me. She could have done the entire show standing on her head, yelling at everybody and I still would have loved every minute of it.

~Avi by Valerie~

Last edited by mlillard; 10-13-2006 at 12:26 PM
Old 10-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Emily praised Sookie for the food she made which Emily requested for the girls and the high tea, but Sookie's "circus food" was totally inappropriate for that sort of thing, Sookie should know Emily better than this.
But Sookie has small kids that are nowhere near as "upper-class" as these girls...maybe she was thinking what they would have wanted to eat.

Quote:
KB can do no wrong with me. She could have done the entire show standing on her head, yelling at everybody and I still would have loved every minute of it.
If she was standing on her head for 40 minutes that would certainly have been impressive But seriously, I know what you mean.

And I'm glad you liked the banner

Last edited by ainie; 10-13-2006 at 12:43 PM
Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Looks like MA agrees with you Aurora about Emily and being subtle. Here's a quote from the podcast.

MA: With the ice, I felt like that --- I don’t know if Emily would go there and I also felt like the way she was sort of snappy with Sookie --- like sometimes she’s --- I felt like she’s more subtle than that.

~Avi by Valerie~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread