Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so so so jealous of the person who won these books rn

Macro Literature — macrolit: Giveaway Contest: We’re giving away...
Old 08-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think I've only read Fahrenheit 451 and The Odyssey out of all of those.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I think I've only read Fahrenheit 451 and The Odyssey out of all of those.
Really? I just figured a lot of those were required reading for standard English classes. I’ve read everything but about a fourth of them. You couldn’t pay me to read Rand.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Really? I just figured a lot of those were required reading for standard English classes. I’ve read everything but about a fourth of them. You couldn’t pay me to read Rand.
yeah

which ones have you not read?

at my high school everyone in my Sophomore year who wasn't in honors English was like required to read Romeo and Juliet, Lord of the Flies, and Catcher in the Rye during the Fall semester but for some reason my teacher chose to opt out of reading the 2nd and 3rd books to read a bunch of short stories instead so I haven't read Catcher in the Rye but I want to
Old 08-24-2018, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Not sure if I've read all of Romeo and Juliet. I know I've read some of it, at least. But the others I don't recall reading. So they weren't required at my school I guess. I know I've read The Scarlet Letter, Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, & 1984. I'm trying to recall others. Some I read in high school and a few I had to read in my college English class.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
A question for everyone. If a book is made into a movie, do you like reading the book first? Or do you see the movie before reading the book?
I'm usually the see the movie before reading the book type or starting to read the book a little bit first because I like to not know what's going to happen when I watch the movie and then the book usually helps to explain things that I didn't get or flesh out characters more.

Quote:
Not sure if I've read all of Romeo and Juliet. I know I've read some of it, at least. But the others I don't recall reading. So they weren't required at my school I guess. I know I've read The Scarlet Letter, Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, & 1984. I'm trying to recall others. Some I read in high school and a few I had to read in my college English class.
I've read Of Mice And Men and Great Gatsby

I took some sci-fi and gothic lit classes in hs and college which were a lot of fun
Old 08-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I'm usually the see the movie before reading the book type or starting to read the book a little bit first because I like to not know what's going to happen when I watch the movie and then the book usually helps to explain things that I didn't get or flesh out characters more.
That make sense.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

this was an interesting read

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1959...e-new-episodes
Old 08-31-2018, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh, that’s awesome! I love when people take the time and keep track of all of these literary references. Thanks so much for sharing that article.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for sharing. Didn't realize there were so many.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

These kinds of things make me realize how much is out there I don’t know about! Have I been living in a cave??
Old 09-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 12-10-2018, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I made it through 1 memoir (Lauren's) and 7 YA novels so far this year

idk if I can squeeze in one more YA novel before the year ends but I'm gonna try

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-10-2018 at 11:01 PM
Old 12-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's great!
Old 12-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Which novels are you reading?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread