Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Was so shocked and sad to read this yesterday. I hadn't heard about the cancer before then. He was such a great actor and I will miss seeing him in any new projects. Of course loved him in Gilmore Girls but also in so many other things. Was thinking about the ones I liked him in the most such as The Paper Chase, The Great Gatsby ('74), The Great Waldo Pepper, Annie, A little Sex, The Purple Rose of Cairo, The Eleanor and Franklin movies, just a few of the older ones that I have enjoyed over the years. But looking at the list of all that he has done, I don't think that there was anything that he did that I have seen that I didn't like him in. Loved listening to the documentaries that he narrated mainly just because I love his voice. As they say, he could read the phone book and make it interesting. Would (and still will) watch any tv shows (now just reruns) that he is in even if I don't usually watch the show, just to see him. He will be so greatly missed. I still can't believe it. My condolences to his family, friends and the Gilmore Girls cast and crew who spent seven great years working with him. Rest In Peace.
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Aww I heard about this, so sad he's no longer with us RIP Edward.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I've been so saddened by this news, it really dampened my New Years. I loved him as Richard Gilmore, he'll be missed. Thanks, everyone, for posting tributes, may he rest in peace.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I was sad to hear about this.
I love that Kelly got to say good-bye, though.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Absolute Fan

ASP:

“Ed Herrmann was a towering presence who filled the room with grace, laughter, Chekhov references and several salty stories. He was our patriarch,” “Gilmore Girls” creator/exec producer Amy Sherman-Palladino told Variety. ” ‘Gilmore Girls’ would not exist without Ed. There really are no words.”
Old 01-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

What a lovely thing for ASP to say about him, thanks for posting!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

I was real sad to hear this news as well... no idea he was ill. I loved him on GG. Rest in Peace, Mr. Herrmann
Old 01-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love what Amy said about Edward.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Edward Herrmann’s ‘Gilmore Girls’ Casting — The Day Richard Gilmore Was Born | TVLine

Even more ASP info about Edward. So sad.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Lauren graham:

Ed Herrmann’s combination of pure charisma plus his distinctive voice lit up any room he entered. He had a gentlemanly manner, a wicked sense of humor, and a sharp wit. He was well-read, interesting, and just plain fun to be around. He had deep respect and love for the craft of acting and led by example. You wanted to be better prepared, or just plain better, because he always was. He brought such humor and humanity to all his work, but I know the character of Richard Gilmore had a special place in his heart. He loved our show and was touched by the enthusiasm of its fans.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

I wasn't here in ages, but when my Dad told me that he read in our (german) paper that this guy from the TV-Show you liked so much died - Herrmann or sth. like that
Me: Edward Herrmann?
Yes.
Oh no.
My mother: What role did he play?
Richard Gilmore
Dad: Yes, Gilmore, that's it.

well, I couldn't believe it and thought I'd pop on again. I didn't know he was sick either and after reading that he was treated for 3 weeks, I'm not sure he was ill for much longer, because why would you put that off? It seems it all went very quick...

But I'm glad Kelly got to say goodbye - also shows that they had a real good relationship.

Anyway my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends now - what a sad way to start the new year...

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Addicted Fan

This also devastated me. Coincidently, I am currently in the middle of a GG rewatch which I hadn't done since the show ended, so these news affected me more than I expected. I had just watched one of the many incredible scenes with Richard when I heard the news.

I'm glad Kelly got to say goodbye and send love from the girls.

This is so sad. Hope he didn't suffer much and that his family are ok. RIP Edward. No one could have been a better Richard Gilmore. Thanks for all you did.
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My prayers go out to his family
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Keiko Agena tweeted:

RIP #EdwardHerrmann I was lucky to know you. I can't imagine what #GilmoreGirls would have been like w/o you. Love to your family.
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Alexis Bledel Remembers Edward Herrmann — ‘Gilmore Girls’ Grandpa Dies | TVLine

Alexis made a statement. Emotional
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread