Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Kelly Bishop:

"Besides being a consummate actor, he was kind and funny, fair and honest and always willing to join in the game," Kelly Bishop, who starred as Herrmann's TV wife Emily Gilmore said, echoing Graham's heartfelt sentiments. "We shared a love of acting and of being working actors and I suspect he was secretly grateful for all the opportunity and success he enjoyed...and deserved. His brother told me Ed never stopped learning; he was always curious. When I think of my dear friend, a phrase comes to mind: 'A hale fellow, well met.' And I am so lucky to have met him."

Alexis Bledel Remembers Edward Herrmann as the ''Head of Our Gilmore Family'': ''I Will Miss Him Tremendously'' | E! Online
Old 01-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, everyone, for all the links & quotes. It's nice to read everyone's touching comments on Ed, kinda helps us to see what kind of person he was IRL.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the links. It's nice to hear from the Gilmore family.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:26 PM
New Fan

I am watching S4, Ep 3 - The Hobbit, the Sofa, and the Digger Stiles. I'm so happy to be able to watch Ed Herrmann in the GG series. When viewing episodes his presence and character is so strong it feels as though he is still with us.

RIP Edward Herrmann we love you.
mswanzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched an episode since we learned that he passed away. But I hope it's like you said for me as well.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Still so sad about this
Old 01-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

This is so sad.

k-drama addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswanzay (View Post)
I am watching S4, Ep 3 - The Hobbit, the Sofa, and the Digger Stiles. I'm so happy to be able to watch Ed Herrmann in the GG series. When viewing episodes his presence and character is so strong it feels as though he is still with us.

RIP Edward Herrmann we love you.
That's a very sweet thing to say about him and very true. His presence is immortalized in that show and we'll always reflect fondly on him in it.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's like he's still there when I rewatch the show
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
That's a very sweet thing to say about him and very true. His presence is immortalized in that show and we'll always reflect fondly on him in it.
So true!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

So sad rip Ed!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is so hard to believe that he is gone because he is still here with us as we still watch GG. It was while watching an old movie of his, Richie Rich, the other day that I felt that he was gone. I didn't like that feeling. I hate that we will never see anything new from him anymore. I will really miss that and him.
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, Sarah. I'm glad that he had an awesome acting career though. He was very accomplished.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I meant to pass by soon but couldn't make it.

I was really saddened to read those news on NYE. I really loved Edward Herrmann, he was such a talented and, by what I could tell, lovely actor.

So may he RIP after that lost fight against the cancer.
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top