Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah you're right that Rory's storylines are a little one-sided. I'd like tos ee more, but then others would be p-o'd becuase of the lack of lorelai time or the overkill of Rory....I'd personally say kill Michel and Kirk, but other fans are big townie lovers...so there has to be a compromise...I can see that there's not time enough to explore other sides of college life too much (though there is still the paper, paris and doyle, marty time, the yale/harvard game, introducing a high school student, studying, lame dates....)

btw, to anyone who was in doubt...I'm also a JJ....indeed, JJness and Sophieness are in no way mutually exclusive...
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
froukje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think you are completely right about the LL relationship because lorelai is a great character and she showed the the 4 seasons she was not with luke and luke is a great character to they do not make each other great because in the past 4 seasons when they were not together they were brillant actors and very enjoyable to watch! lol

Do you see her face?
LUKE: Whoa.
xxnicole033xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

I'm again noticing some disrespect on the thread. It's one thing to be snarky in response to a post. It's another to be rude.

Quote:
3) Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters.
If anyone needs to discuss this further, PM Jenna or me.

Thanks.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Havent been able to sleep much so re-watched the episode. I'll still stand by my criticisms of Rory. But on further review a few positives.

Kudos to Rory for how she conducted herself at the party. There was no scowling. She wasn't put off by the slightest silly or stupid thing anyone said or did. Robert wasn't her ideal date but she made the best of it and tried to have fun and be positive.

And on second review I like Robert more. Didn't feel the creepiness I felt during the first viewing. Rather than bravado he was showing a sarcastic dark humor which in many ways makes him more interesting than the swarmy Logan. I'll go completely against the consensus and say he wasn't a bad choice for Rory. And Rory seemed to have a good time with him. Since Marty has been pretty much emasculated perhaps Robert might make a better rival?
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
And on second review I like Robert more. Didn't feel the creepiness I felt during the first viewing. Rather than bravado he was showing a sarcastic dark humor which in many ways makes him more interesting than the swarmy Logan. I'll go completely against the consensus and say he wasn't a bad choice for Rory. And Rory seemed to have a good time with him. Since Marty has been pretty much emasculated perhaps Robert might make a better rival?
There is some definite dark humor about him, but I definitely like Logan more, and so does Rory. Theres no chance of a relationship between Robert and Rory. She didn't really like him or at least not like how she feels about Logan. She went with him to take advantage of the no-strings thing and to make Logan jealous. She definitely made the best out of the situation, and as much as I'm a Sophies fan I'm really very glad she left with Robert. It was the right thing to do, and very Rory-like.
hellssn0wdr0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Havent been able to sleep much so re-watched the episode. I'll still stand by my criticisms of Rory. But on further review a few positives.

Kudos to Rory for how she conducted herself at the party. There was no scowling. She wasn't put off by the slightest silly or stupid thing anyone said or did. Robert wasn't her ideal date but she made the best of it and tried to have fun and be positive.

You like Robert more than Logan or more than you liked him the first time? Just wanting clarification... No one will ever usurp Logan, imo, but Robert was great in PF. I like all of Logan's friends, I think they all add to the show in their own important way.
Maxymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm in the "keep Rory single and independently develop her character" camp. Love to see her hanging around with her friends and doing stuff. Maybe some scenes with her dad and the sister she's rumored to have. But alas.

If I wasn't clear I changed my opinion from negative to positive. As far as him versus Logan. I'd find dark humor more interesting than swarminess. But that might risk a Digger redux in which case swarminess is far preferable. I prefer a Marty type that is just a normal middle class student who isnt a "jock" rich kid" "burnout" or any other stereotype and for Rory to go out and do fairly normal stuff. To me that crowd makes Yale Chilton and I was looking forward to her going to college and getting away from Chilton. But all & all his character is a positive if it helps Rory explore new things and learn more about herself. If it becomes all about her trying to domesticate him or a "rich" versus "poor" morality play then it's a waste of time for me.

Which is why Logan is fine for me as long as he stays as he is and isn't transformed by some hokey magical gilmore power.

But I'm already straying too much off topic.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread