Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2021, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

I don't know why he was. Maybe it was always the plan to have him and Lorelai in a relationship at some point, like they wanted to do on s4, but couldn't because DS was on another show, so when he became available for s7, they contracted him. IMO it was stupid by that point to put him and Lorelai in a relationship. After Luke, this whole "but then she would be left wondering what if.... with Chris." Nope. That was put to rest once she fell in love with Luke. Who, might I add, is the only person she's ever been in love with.

And yes!! I wish actors would speak up about dumb storylines. The Friends actors did it when the writers pitched the dumb Joey/Rachel getting together plot - Jennifer Aniston especially was very vocal about it (even to this day she still mentions she didn't like it, when asked about it lol). Not that it stopped the writers from going ahead with it, but it did at least have an impact on the storyline not going anywhere beyond a handful of episodes.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I would’ve much rather seen him build a relationship with Rory than a marriage to Lorelai FOR SURE.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Yep, it would have been so much better for his character. It would actually have him show some growth and development. But all s7 showed us was that he never changed. He was still that same, selfish person who never grew up.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 05-05-2021, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Saw someone say on Reddit that they don't care that Chris is awful, selfish and a deadbeat dad. They still wanted Lorelai to end up with them because "they look good together." Ugh, gross. I just can not fathom that at all. Surely if you like Lorelai as a character, you want her to be happy and end up with someone who makes her happy and that she actually loves. Not with someone she doesn't love and who puts his needs and wants before her and who was also a dead beat dad to their daughter, just because they look good together. I can not.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Saw someone say on Reddit that they don't care that Chris is awful, selfish and a deadbeat dad. They still wanted Lorelai to end up with them because "they look good together." Ugh, gross. I just can not fathom that at all. Surely if you like Lorelai as a character, you want her to be happy and end up with someone who makes her happy and that she actually loves. Not with someone she doesn't love and who puts his needs and wants before her and who was also a dead beat dad to their daughter, just because they look good together. I can not.

Sometimes I really wonder about people and their interpretation of characters and behavior.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

I don't know what's worse -

A. Acknowledging that Chris is a deadbeat, selfish, awful person but not caring and wanting Lorelai to be with him, regardless.

B. Completely ignoring all his actions and characteristics and seeing him as "good person" - basically completely different to how he actually is - because that's what you want him to be, in order to fit him with Lorelai.

It's either one or the other with C/L fans.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Both of those make me wanna hurl.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

In general I feel like it's all superficial to like Chris or Chris/Lorelai together. Personally I don't even get that because I find Chris so unappealing, his character aside, and feel like I'm watching two immature siblings hang out when watching C/L scenes. S7 was particularly awkward in that sense.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I don't know what's worse -

A. Acknowledging that Chris is a deadbeat, selfish, awful person but not caring and wanting Lorelai to be with him, regardless.

B. Completely ignoring all his actions and characteristics and seeing him as "good person" - basically completely different to how he actually is - because that's what you want him to be, in order to fit him with Lorelai.

It's either one or the other with C/L fans.
It's equal. Ugh.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

I hate when Chris meets Logan and he tries being all buddy-buddy with him, like bonding with him over getting kicked out of boarding schools. Gross. Again, showing Chris is forever this immature idiot who lives in the past and never grows up.

I'm still waiting on a Chris fan to tell me how he matured and grew as a person. Just one example. Someone tried to tell me he matured because he got money and so was then "there for Rory and Lorelai" and I couldn't stop laughing at that one. Money that he didn't go out and earn - money that he inherited from a rich grandfather. If he hadn't inherited that money, he'd never have offered Rory (or Lorelai) anything. That's not maturity or growth for his character, that's rich, privileged luck.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That, in no way, equals maturity.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

And all he kept offering them were things they didn't want with that money. If he knew them at all, particularly Lorelai, he'd know that offering them lavish, expensive items isn't something they'd ever want.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

exactly.

I feel like Lorelai would have been totally turned off at him throwing all his money around in S7 especially with him making a restaurant open so they can get dinner.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

Same! That's not Lorelai. She only went along with it because she wasn't herself during the time she was with Chris. She was faking her happiness through it because she was rebounding and and harbouring her true feelings.

Luke did so much more romantic gestures for Lorelai without having to spend an extravagant amount of money - gestures that Lorelai truly loved and appreciated.

Would Chris ever build her her own ice rink or stay up all night to organise a leaving party for Rory, just because he likes to see her happy? Nope, never. And that's only two of many things Luke did for her.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread