Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2021, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I like this article better:

12 reasons Christopher was the worst guy for Lorelai on "Gilmore Girls"
https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-cov...irls/?amp=true

These two points I particularly agree on:

Despite his best efforts to show his affection for Lorelai, he was only in love with idea of being with Lorelai and not really her. He always thought his life would be better, or fall into place, if Lorelai was with him, which is a bad reason to date someone.

This might be our biggest issue with Chris, because it happened all the time. He came in and out of the girls’ lives when it was convenient for him, which just rubs us the wrong way. You can’t be a good boyfriend, husband or father, if you only report for duty when it pleases you. Ugh, he was so terrible.
Page not found now.

"You can’t be a good boyfriend, husband or father, if you only report for duty when it pleases you. Ugh, he was so terrible."

So very true!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

That sucks. I wonder why they deleted the article, because it made some great points!

Watching some s7 episodes the other day and forcing myself through some of the Chris/Lorelai moments. One little thing I noticed was when they were celebrating Christmas and Chris buys everyone stockings to start "new traditions" and Lorelai and Rory are not exactly enthused with the idea because they have their own traditions. Like they don't want to start anything new with Chris. Yet, when Luke and Lorelai were together, Lorelai was all excited and wanting to start new traditions with him, when she comes up with her Halloween idea. Idk, I just thought it was a little something more to show us that C/L were never meant to be, that the prospect of thinking ahead to the future with him on something simple as that was so off-putting to her.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That’s a great point. Never picked up on that.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Another that I love is that it's pointed out in s6 that Lorelai and Rory have never once spent Thanksgiving with Chris, but they have their tradition of eating dinner every year with Luke.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Chris was never the person Lorelai wanted to spend holidays with, that was always Luke.

Quote:
That sucks. I wonder why they deleted the article, because it made some great points!

Watching some s7 episodes the other day and forcing myself through some of the Chris/Lorelai moments. One little thing I noticed was when they were celebrating Christmas and Chris buys everyone stockings to start "new traditions" and Lorelai and Rory are not exactly enthused with the idea because they have their own traditions. Like they don't want to start anything new with Chris. Yet, when Luke and Lorelai were together, Lorelai was all excited and wanting to start new traditions with him, when she comes up with her Halloween idea. Idk, I just thought it was a little something more to show us that C/L were never meant to be, that the prospect of thinking ahead to the future with him on something simple as that was so off-putting to her.
Just another reason why it was so glaringly obvious they weren’t meant to be.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I guess it's the one "good" thing to come out of that relationship in s7, it showed us in a number of ways why it was never meant to be.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep. In a way, I’m thankful they got that BS out of the way in the first half of s7. Could you imagine if they spent that entire season building up LC?
Old 04-30-2021, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Oh god, that would have been horrible! Ew. Yes, best to get it out of the way at the start. Would have been better if it ended say, after 4 or 5 episodes, rather than the 10 episodes it lasted. And the marriage was not needed. At all.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't know why they decided to have them marry at all, awful decision.

definitely didn't need to see CL or Chris so much.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

Like, I really want to know what went on in that writers room, they day someone pitched the marriage lmao. Oh and then what Lauren's reaction was to it, when she got the script. We know in recent times, she has not been quiet about the fact she didn't like the marriage and well, even blocked it out. So I can only imagine the groan she must have made, when she initially got the script for that episode.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Oh god, that would have been horrible! Ew. Yes, best to get it out of the way at the start. Would have been better if it ended say, after 4 or 5 episodes, rather than the 10 episodes it lasted. And the marriage was not needed. At all.
Agreed. I wouldn’t have minded seeing them tackle that BS SL in the first 4 episodes but it really went on too long and too far into that utter failure of a relationship.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

I think they were just trying to fill out a use for DS, since he was contracted for 13 episodes. But they could have used Chris to work on his relationship with Rory and have him redeem himself, as much as he could be redeemed. Literally the only reason he is around Rory in s7 is because he is with Lorelai. But imagine, they could have had him stay away from Lorelai, while being a dad to Rory.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

So true. Building a great relationship with Rory should’ve been the priority.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Exactly. But nope, Chris just remains forever the same. Setting contract issues aside, if Lorelai and Luke never broke up, we'd hardly see Chris around in season 7. He'd still see Rory the bare minimum. Literally, if the guy can't get his selfish ways and have Lorelai, then he's no interest in Rory.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

why was he contracted for so many episodes? that last time he was in a lot of episodes was S2, I think.

sometimes I wonder why the actors don't say anything to the writers about stupid storylines, they're not going to get fired especially if it's the last season.