Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ROCKSTAR and Bella - feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Exactly. I heard that they wanted to make it to leave it "open" in case Jared cameback if Supernatural didn't fly, but then they left it at that which was so weird. They could have Rory receive a call of screen, letter or email from Dean wishing her good luck and that he was fine. Was that so difficult?
You would think considering that SPN and GG were on the same network it would be easy for there to be a guest role for Dean. I know the writers probably thought that a long distance relationship between Rory and Dean (with Dean off screen 99% of the time) wouldn't be fair to the fans, but i don't want fair. Just knowing they were together would be okay with me.

When Dean appeared later in season 5 he was very out of character. granted he and Luke aren't likely to win any buddy of the year awards, but he just came across as bitter and that's not what we wanted to see.

Thanks for the fic recs, I'll need to bookmark them to read.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm like Nikki has said, I think Luke and Dean had a on and off again kind of relationship. Luke didn't like Dean a lot of the time but they both respected each other. Although I hate how we see them last and what happens with LL later on in S6 I think..not that it had much to do with Dean's warning but I felt like Luke would've remembered what Dean said

Haha I just saw 3.20 (I think) and Rory's reaction to Dean's engagement is priceless. But ugh, how long have he and Lindsay been dating again?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seemed like they were together for all of 5 minutes. I think we and Dean had to see Rory jealous. I know if we hadn't it probably would have ruined the ship for me.

I read the fic "this town is a song about you" and the other fics by that person. I'll check out some others later.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

lol Yeah, it was like, I have a new girlfriend, we're getting married, what do you think? Uh, Dean, are you insane? Just asking! Hehe.

Oh, she's a wonderful Narco writer. I have yet to read her other fandoms, but she has a magic with Rory and Dean, both teens and adults. She has their tone down.

Bella - Oh, it was good. My favorite is still Rory's face falling off when she saw Dean kissing Lindsay and then Lindsay wearing his jacket. I don't care who you are, that burns when you watch your ex moving on like that. Especially one you thought would wait around forever for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* (View Post)
ROCKSTAR and Bella - feel better soon.

You would think considering that SPN and GG were on the same network it would be easy for there to be a guest role for Dean. I know the writers probably thought that a long distance relationship between Rory and Dean (with Dean off screen 99% of the time) wouldn't be fair to the fans, but i don't want fair. Just knowing they were together would be okay with me.

When Dean appeared later in season 5 he was very out of character. granted he and Luke aren't likely to win any buddy of the year awards, but he just came across as bitter and that's not what we wanted to see.

Thanks for the fic recs, I'll need to bookmark them to read.
Thanks, Karen!

Right! Some kind of deal could have been worked out! But if not, Jared didn't even have to be there physically for Dean to say goodbye to Rory or wish her good luck in the last episode.

Dean appearing that last in S5 was incredibly out of character. Bitter and not making any sense, either. So much hate for how they handled that. I wanted Dean to be happy and okay with or without Rory.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

Plus it doesn't help Rory was always going through issues with Jess when Dean kept surprising her with a new gf..or fiancee..whatever

Haha okay we dunno when Dean asked out Lindsay but still..they start going out, go to plays and parties together and then are engaged? WTF? I have to say, it's a huge Dean flaw to me..if it didn't build up to S4 in so many ways I'd hate it more than S5.

Doesn't spotting Rory and Logan together make Dean go on that rampage? They obviously loved Jared enough to have him back I just wish they did it RIGHT even for a final farewell.

Who is this good Narco fanfic author?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome Narco writer is femmenerd. There are many, many other great RD writers as well, but she wrote at least 4 of the must read RD fics around.

Right, but she was jealous when Lorelai mentioned that Dean would move on and she was still honeymooning with Jess then. Rory wanted it all it seems.

You're very right. Dean's storyline didn't make much sense in S4 or S5. He married someone he had dated for a few months tops, and at 19. He freaked the hell out when someone in the 'coming out' episode suggested he was going to marry Rory.

The only reason I can see him wanting to marry Lindsay (but the show never hinted at) is because he liked her, she made him happy, she really loved him and he didn't want to lose her with the going to college, life altering that happens after you graduate high school. Especially since Dean/Lindsay both went to the same high school and moving on would have been quite a big change from seeing each other every day.

So he thought of moving in together, but Dean being the straight man he is, wouldn't live with someone unless they were married, and thus it all made perfect sense to him at the moment.

Sometimes doing the right thing backfires horribly, not to mention, he just thought he was doing the right thing but all he was doing was ignoring his true feelings, maybe because otherwise it's just too painful to deal with.

Dean going on a rampage sounds fun! I think Dean was just too hurt and sad to get into it again. He looked SO tired, and SO heartbroken, like he had given up.

However, that came out of nowhere as well. Dean and Rory didn't have issues of that matter until the last episode when they decided to make it an issue, well THE issue that pushes Dean over the edge.

All in all, none of it made a lick of sense. Not Dean marrying Lindsay, not him cheating, not him leaving Rory for that stupid reason, etc.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The only reason I can see him wanting to marry Lindsay (but the show never hinted at) is because he liked her, she made him happy, she really loved him and he didn't want to lose her with the going to college, life altering that happens after you graduate high school. Especially since Dean/Lindsay both went to the same high school and moving on would have been quite a big change from seeing each other every day.
My interpretation of Dean marrying Lindsey always came down to him being on the rebound and having someone that devoted all attention to him, not that I'm saying Dean was an attention seeker. It's just that, he sort of saw Rory slipping away from him and maybe he was scared of something similar happening. I had never thought about it from moving on from high School/seeing Lindsey all the time/potentially breaking up. Maybe it was part rebound and part not wanting to have to split up.

Quote:
Sometimes doing the right thing backfires horribly, not to mention, he just thought he was doing the right thing but all he was doing was ignoring his true feelings, maybe because otherwise it's just too painful to deal with.
Nikki I agree with you. One of my issues with the whole wedding was when Dean is rambling on about Rory, I think something about her hair and why did she leave me and Luke took him upstairs but didn't say anythign about it later. Only telling Rory they shouldn't go to the wedding. As someone who had married too soon himself, I was kinda mad at Luke (which was a first for me because I Luke) for never saying anything. I think I kinda expected him to maybe say to Dean "are you sure about this"? But nothing.

Quote:
However, that came out of nowhere as well. Dean and Rory didn't have issues of that matter until the last episode when they decided to make it an issue, well THE issue that pushes Dean over the edge.

All in all, none of it made a lick of sense. Not Dean marrying Lindsay, not him cheating, not him leaving Rory for that stupid reason, etc.
It seemed like in the end they gave up too easy. Given that their relationship ruined Dean's marriage (not that i think it would have lasted the test of time...read the duration of the show) but it's a huge thing to throw away if you aren't gonna take the good with the bad.

In the end, I sort of wondered if maybe part of the reason Dean gave up so willingly was because of the way Rory looked when she came out of the Gilmore's house (the tiara, jewels) and knowing that her grandparents would meddle. Might just be me.

I'm in 100% agreement that the break up could have been tackled better...although i am mroe in favour of it never having occured.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Did Lindsay and Dean ever get back together?

I think it's a mixture of the rebound and old fashioned views as well. Despite the fact we might not like it, maybe Dean started falling for Lindsay and started fearing a break-up once high school ended and even though he also still loved Rory, he chose not to lose Lindsay as well. So in a way Lindsay did win Dean over but more so because of his values and past.

Oh man the night of Dean's wedding was heartbreaking. I was shocked Luke put him up and everything, I also expected him to say something and back then I didn't know he had a quickie marriage himself.

Dean met and knew Rory's grandparents well he already had issues with Richard and once everything passed he we okay with them but I'm not sure Emily and Richard would've let Rory and Dean get together again. Not at that party anyway, it would've caused an uproar in later episodes Especially once they found out Dean had been married and wasn't in college,etc. No one was ever good enough for their Rory, I think Logan only got a free pass because they assumed he could take care of her because of his family but in the end I think even he started annoying them so I dunno I think Dean's mind just snapped and thought Rory had changed into a woman he didn't like.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As far as we know Dean and Lindsey never got back together. I doubt she could take him back.

I think Rory's grandparents accepted Logan because he had money and I think emily was not impressed that Rory turned his proposal down.

I would have love to have seen Emily's face if Dean had proposed...or even better Rory and Dean had eloped!!! Haha, in Vegas.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

It's funny because when Logan wasn't around, Emily and Richard talked a little trash about him and his family. It seemed they were only interested in his wealth and social standing. They didn't care about him at all, just what the society thought about Huntzbergers. It's so awful.

Karen - I agree entirely with all your points! Especially about them handling the breakup better (since Jared was leaving anyway) even though I wasn't in favor of them breaking up in the first place.

I know what you mean about Dean wanting someone devoted to him, but at least he did treat Lindsay right, he took her out, showed her off, I think he was very taken in with her, but when the time tie the knot forever came, his true feelings came busting out.

Great points, girls!

Bella - I think Dean had feelings for Lindsay, but not like he had for Rory. Unfortunately for him and Lindsay, he wasn't over Rory in the slightest, they walked into a heartbreaking situation.

With Luke, I think he tried talking to Dean, but Dean saw it coming and didn't let him. Luke could have said something more to Dean himself, and if not to Rory, certainly to Lorelai. But with the show's treatment of that relationship, I'm disappointed but not shocked Luke just let that whole mess happen without even giving it a good shot.

Like Bella said, it was yet ANOTHER odd situation that the Gilmore would STILL have a problem with Dean since Richard and Dean had bonded, and Emily had started to respect Rory's feelings for Dean. Even implying that Rory might marry Dean and that she wanted to be there if it happened. Then this? Terrible.

Also, Dean dealt with Rory's "world" since he was 16, this wasn't new or that overwhelming for him. He took her to all her fancy dinners and parties and didn't stand out as someone who didn't belong.

The show just fell through, nothing made sense.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

My best friend lied to me, she said there was some Lindsay/Dean implied in his last episode well I am glad but yeah..

I dunno I think all the guys Rory dated were actually from different worlds. Logan accustomed the best because he came from it but Dean didn't do so bad..he and Rory were thrust into it kinda at the same time and experienced it together and Jess didn't see much of it tbh

Ditto to you both. I think Dean did fall for Lindsay but he tried to lie to himself about it and it all came out in the ugliest way possible. I think Luke could've told Lorelai, it would've been an overshadowing for what would happen which upset her very much so.

It was like..we got our chance when Rory chose Dean over Jess and then it was taken away from us in the worst way. I'm just glad we got some pretty damn epic stuff before.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Hee. Lindsay truly disappeared after the scandal, kind of weird too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
but Dean didn't do so bad..he and Rory were thrust into it kinda at the same time and experienced it together and Jess didn't see much of it tbh
And we have a winner, ladies and gentlemen! Not only that, but it was Dean's willingness to join her that gave Rory the confidence to actually step into that world. It was new to both of them, and they literally held hands through the experience.

And going to the dance for Rory was only if Dean said yes, but first she had to get the courage to ask him. That was a HUGE victory for Rory, I'll repeat myself, but I'm so proud of her for being brave and asking him. And I'm so happy he realized how badly she wanted it and agreed. I love the way she clumsily explains she's only going if he is, "...it's your school." Awww, cuteness.

I know! But in all fairness, Jared was leaving, they didn't plan to break RD up, at least not for a while, but they had no choice in the matter. There were better ways, though.

He was filming or about to film House of Wax as well, Jared was doing a lot and Dean Forester drew the short stick. Oh well. At least we got our full blown reunion with cute talk, secret meetings and lovey dovey nothings like the Candy Man song and Rory talking to Lane about her first time with Dean.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

thanks Nikki. I think the only thing that made Dean stand out in that elite world was when he fought with Tristan or just the simple fact that he hadn't been raised in that world. Then again, it's not like Rory was part of that world all the time either she and Dean had both been raised in a different simpler way which I think is a good thing to have in common But you are right, Dean only put up with a fight when it came to wearing the clothes or Tristan he could've been way more snobby or indifferent about it.

Wait what Candy Man song? I didn't see where Rory told Lane about her first time! Was this after Lane's wedding because if so I probably did see it I just don't remember and yeah I forgot about House of Wax that was filmed during GG and before SPN began right?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

The way I see it is that Lorelai and Chris, who unlike Rory & Dean, were raised in that world still hated the formal outfits, Dean putting a fuzz wasn't just because he wasn't elite to begin with. Thankfully, Dean put on the entire tux instead of going naked like Chris once did. Now, that would've stood out more than the fight.

Hee. The Candy Man song from Raincoats and Recipes that Rory chooses as her and Dean's song, to Dean's protest.

I'm not sure when House of Wax filmed, but I think it was somewhere between S5 of Gilmore Girls/Dean's departure, and Jared starting to film or auditioning for Supernatural.

In The Party's Over Dean has somewhat of a version of Wade/Sammy hair. Such a hot combination of boys in one man.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hee. Lindsay truly disappeared after the scandal, kind of weird too.

And we have a winner, ladies and gentlemen! Not only that, but it was Dean's willingness to join her that gave Rory the confidence to actually step into that world. It was new to both of them, and they literally held hands through the experience.

And going to the dance for Rory was only if Dean said yes, but first she had to get the courage to ask him. That was a HUGE victory for Rory, I'll repeat myself, but I'm so proud of her for being brave and asking him. And I'm so happy he realized how badly she wanted it and agreed. I love the way she clumsily explains she's only going if he is, "...it's your school." Awww, cuteness.
Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like Lindsay. No way, no way, I think you need Rory. Hahhaa. Somebody seriously needs to make a Rory/Dean/Lindsay Girlfriend video.

Anyway, I agree. Asking him out was one of the best parts in the series.

Demi Lovato ♥♥♥♥ Britney Spears ♥♥♥ One Direction ♥♥ Fifth Harmony (campaign) (met on 2/23/14 aka the best day of my life) ♥

Last edited by Anna-wa; 03-13-2009 at 04:25 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread