Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that when Rory was with Jess, Dean was able to make her jealous when he was dating Lindsey. Up until then it always seemed like Dean had been mroe into Rory than she had been into him.

*Has a strong desire to watch some season 1 GG*
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

I think that was the case when they were together, she did take him for granted. She didn't know what she had til it was gone, but she always wanted him and thought of him as her Dean.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Hands down! It's always the good guys you take for granted because they make it seem so easy and effortless. Being a great boyfriend is the easiest thing in the world, right? Right? Sorry, Rory, it's not.

Plus, finding someone who loves you, cares about you no matter what, and who you love back unconditionally and trust with your life, is probably one of the most difficult things in the world.

Rory and Dean had the luck to fnd it all when they were 15/16, it was theirs to keep or to lose. Sadly, they lost it but there's nothing to say they didn't find it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* (View Post)
I loved that when Rory was with Jess, Dean was able to make her jealous when he was dating Lindsey. Up until then it always seemed like Dean had been mroe into Rory than she had been into him.

*Has a strong desire to watch some season 1 GG*
Right, and without trying. I think the perception that Dean was more into Rory than her was from late S2/early S3.

In S1 and in S4 (even in S5 when she goes to him twice and is the one calling him) it's Rory consistently pushing for more, but for some reason, it's the middle seasons that prevail over the other 3.

But S3 is beautiful in the later episodes. The jealousy, the constant, "Dean this/Dean that" was amazing, she really did think highly of him and cherished him as a person as well as the boyfriend he was to her.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

It's ironic, Dean was more into Rory when she had lost him and when Rory seriously lost Dean than it was the other way around

Yep I do love how Dean wanted to be friends with Rory, that took a lot. And he never tried much, maybe messed with Jess a bit. Otherwise I like how much Rory still mentioned him
Old 03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hands down! It's always the good guys you take for granted because they make it seem so easy and effortless. Being a great boyfriend is the easiest thing in the world, right? Right? Sorry, Rory, it's not.
But dependable, loving boyfriends get so boring![/sarcasm]

Last edited by cheldax46; 03-09-2009 at 09:19 PM
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

I think they're only boring on tv, not in real life. Being dependable is a sign of love, you don't want to hurt or disappoint people you love. Also, Dean was a teen, he had a nice life, he had no reason to be crazy and get all mysterious all of a sudden, leaving Rory alone, cheating with other girls, etc. He had school and worked a few days a week, he had plenty of time to devote to her, which she never complained about before she lost her mind in S2.

But even on tv, there's nothing boring about being Dean's girlfriend if you know what I mean. Sadly, GG only showed the every day part of their life, the romantic, not 'boring' parts were left out after season 1.

We didn't see them doing anything but talk and walk around talking stuff they didn't show, but that they did do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
It's ironic, Dean was more into Rory when she had lost him and when Rory seriously lost Dean than it was the other way around

Yep I do love how Dean wanted to be friends with Rory, that took a lot. And he never tried much, maybe messed with Jess a bit. Otherwise I like how much Rory still mentioned him
In most of S2/early S3 she was into Jess so of course Dean was more into her, she was falling for someone else and he still loved his girlfriend.

Then Jess didn't live up to the dream, then Lindsay came into the picture, then Dean appeared to have moved on, then Rory rejected all other boys (even Logan at first) that weren't Dean until Jared had to leave.

Rory got smart, but Supernatural got Jared. OMG, Thursday!! lol
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

That was my attempt at making fun of Rory btw.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
That was my attempt at making fun of Rory btw.
*hits forehead* I'm on cold medicine, I'm so unable to pick on things. I'm actually in class waiting for the meanest prof this semester, I guess this will make for an interesting discussion. Hopefully, he won't notice I'm....somewhere else. lol
Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
I think they're only boring on tv, not in real life. Being dependable is a sign of love, you don't want to hurt or disappoint people you love. Also, Dean was a teen, he had a nice life, he had no reason to be crazy and get all mysterious all of a sudden, leaving Rory alone, cheating with other girls, etc. He had school and worked a few days a week, he had plenty of time to devote to her, which she never complained about before she lost her mind in S2.

But even on tv, there's nothing boring about being Dean's girlfriend if you know what I mean. Sadly, GG only showed the every day part of their life, the romantic, not 'boring' parts were left out after season 1.

We didn't see them doing anything but talk and walk around talking stuff they didn't show, but that they did do.
It was almost like an after throught, or maybe Amy was trying to say they're not together forever so don't get used to it.

Maybe when Rory says "No" to Logan it's because in the back of her mind she's waiting for Dean and wondering when he will come back. Now that would have made the finale so much better for me. Even Dean being there to say goodbye, just for a fleeting moment. He was her first love and someone she wouldn't forget and I'm sure if he was in town he would have wanted to say goodbye and vice versa, although Dean kinda fell off the face of Stars Hollow. I get the reason why, but someone could have mentioned him in passing.

I think one of my all time favourite episodes for Dean and Rory as friends first and foremost is "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelai's". I love it for the Luke and lorelai also, but just the way he's there for her and was able to calm her down. She desperately wanted to speak to Lorelai and was probably on the verge of having a panic attack yet by the end of the episode and after some comforting from Dean she's all calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
*hits forehead* I'm on cold medicine, I'm so unable to pick on things. I'm actually in class waiting for the meanest prof this semester, I guess this will make for an interesting discussion. Hopefully, he won't notice I'm....somewhere else. lol
Possibly off with Jared/Dean...maybe even watching him sleep.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

I agree with all of this. I like to think that Dean was always in Rory's thoughts, no matter what.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it would have been nice to hear maybe.

I still loathe the way it ended in season 5. Hmm, I think I need to read some Dean/Rory fic, can anyone recommend any?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Bella - Exactly! I love that the show at least mentioned him and didn't pretend he didn't exist when he wasn't on screen.

Karen - RD fic! One of my favorite subjects, hee. Here are two post of mine with RD fic rec's 1 & 2, and here's a post from the Narco LJ comm with lots of amazing rec's too. As I always say, "this town is a song about you" is a MUST read.

Exactly. I heard that they wanted to make it to leave it "open" in case Jared cameback if Supernatural didn't fly, but then they left it at that which was so weird. They could have Rory receive a call of screen, letter or email from Dean wishing her good luck and that he was fine. Was that so difficult?

That's exactly my wish, Karen! In a sense, Rory would always be waiting for Dean or someone like him, but I think I'd like it better if it was the real deal.

That moment in The Shrinking Lorelais is flawless! The way he gets her, and the way she trusts him and is free to be emotional in front of him and let it out just like she would with Lorelai and probably nobody else. It was SO special.

Hahaaa! Right! I tried to not say ANYTHING in class. I was sneezing, had a headache but I had to speak at some point, mercifully, it was on a subject I did understand well and gave the right answer.

I need more cold medicine, though I'm incredibly drowsy already.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

I am sick too something is always going around

I think since SPN was a success the GG just got lazy and figured since Jared was gone for the most part, so was Dean. The Dean we got in his last episode was so OOC it all clashed
Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Weather changing. It has to be! I hope you feel better soon, Bella!

I had to drive home with my head buzzing. I was going around 45mph because I was scared to be erratic, thank goodness I don't have classes tomorrow. Not cool to drive while sick.

Exactly! Plus Supernatural came after Gilmore Girls for a while, they missed an opportunity for an in joke where Dean calls or something. They just let the ball drop, not only with RD, but it was espcially glaring that Dean went away and that was it. But again, at least they mentioned him and Rory talked about him for a sec, and she seemed happy to, no bitterness or anything.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Awww I missed that sec Rory talks about him

Yeah it's the weather changing or being extreme. I am missing a morning class Wed. and I might have to miss work on Thurs ;(
Closed Thread   Post New Thread