Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Jump right in, cheldax. I think we're discussing a thousand things at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
Hey man I don't mind getting passionate over Narcos.

You have a point. We don't really see Dean as Rory's boyfriend anymore It's only a bad thing because of how they end up getting involved without dating at the end..but we do see him as a separate character with his own plot for awhile. When he's against Jess again he's not with Rory, they are all apart.

I think Clara made an impression on Rory after she scared her. But that Dean comment made me giggle. Of all the people Rory was afraid of disliking her it was a 10 year old or whatever. I think it showed how much Rory cared.

Plus, she visited Dean after making out Jess. Hah! In a way, I think she had to go see her first love and apologize to him before doing anything at all with another officially. That spoke volumes to me.
All great points! I agree. I think Rory was getting used to being with someone else. You can see she needed time to get comfortable with Jess because Dean was all she knew.

What episode is 3.09? I forget certain scenes, but if it's the one I have in mind, I was SO happy to see Dean getting backbone too.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

That must've been the Thanksgiving one, I much prefer it when they actually fight later in the season.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
That must've been the Thanksgiving one, I much prefer it when they actually fight later in the season.
Right, Dean getting a backbone was great but later on it was a lot more satisfying. S3 provides a lot of different takes from every character's POV and in that sense, the final episodes, and everything that happened feels earned.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Yep, it was the Thanksgiving one

I can't to see more of S3 then
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

That's also the episode with Lorelai and Dean having a small heart to heart. Dean being nervous and trying to avoid Lorelai was so heartbreaking, then his face when she was being nice to him. Awww, puppy face Dean.

S3 is fun - for the most part. lol You're going to love some of the upcoming episodes. Everyone makes big choices and it's all quite exciting as it unfolds.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Haha so do you mean that S3 stuff just with Dean/Rory or everyone?

Aww I loved that talk to talk. I think Lorelai realized Dean was a special guy and she never had that same friendship with another boyfriend but they were friends which was nice.

I love how Rory asks about Dean and gets jealous when Lorelai points out he'll move on too
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always loved Dean. I wish they told us where he went.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Bella - Hee! With everyone, S3 really had a nice view into everyone's head at the end. It was lovely, it felt a lot like S1.

That is so true. Plus, the fact tha she got to know him so well, not even Logan had that chance with Lorelai, which was a shame, but at least Dean was the one to really win both girls over, he was important in their lives as mother/daughter and as individuals. That's impressive for such a young guy which he was when it all started.

Rory is always jealous of Dean. I think I've said it before it, but she really *did* think Dean belonged to her. Oh, Rory, silly rabbit. Hehe.

RD icon again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna<3 (View Post)
I always loved Dean. I wish they told us where he went.
Word I would have LOVED that. They just needed a few lines to let us know if he was still in Stars Hollow, maybe he moved, went back to college, took a job somewhere else, etc. But nothing.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

I hope he went back to college seeing as the only reason he left was Lindsey.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope he went back to college seeing as the only reason he left was Lindsey.
Exactly! He really wanted to study too, I hope he went back and found something he really loved. Hopefully he's happy and back with Rory in that wonderful and magical land where tv people live when their shows end and their lives go on without us watching.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't stopped by for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Exactly! He really wanted to study too, I hope he went back and found something he really loved. Hopefully he's happy and back with Rory in that wonderful and magical land where tv people live when their shows end and their lives go on without us watching.
Well naturally they'd end up back together. Duh!

I was always disappointed by how it just sort of fizzled out with these two. Given their beginnings and what they meant to one another and how their relationship destroyed Dean's marriage I felt let down by how they ended.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

I love that we all believe in this magical land where tv characters live happily ever after.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Karen! Nice to see you around! It's quite dissapointing! They way they started and getting back together after a world of messiness was pretty hard core of them, though.

I also take solace in the fact that Dean and Rory only broke up because Jared was leaving. There were little or no plans (from what we've heard) to replace Dean as romantic lead in S5.

Quote:
I love that we all believe in this magical land where tv characters live happily ever after.
You gotta believe!

Hey, I bet Dean and Rory are walking their dog right now. You know Dean would be a dog person and Rory wouldn't mind like she didn't mind Paul Anka.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^
That's a very cute picture.

You would have throught that given Amy's talent for writing that they could have come up with something else, given what they were to one another and Dean's marriage was ruined. Does anyone else who watches Supernatural still find it difficult to not call Jared Dean? This is really tricky for me to type

I'm curious to know if Jared's appearance later in S5 (with the Twickham house) was something Amy knew would happen. I never really liked Dean being used in that way, to tell Luke that he'd never keep Lorelai. Maybe Amy wasn't aware Jared would return for an episode, but they could have even had it that Dean gets an offer from out of town for a job, or for school and as much as he doesn't want to go he does. Rory letting him go of course and they try to be long distance, then later in the season Jared could have appeared and they decide it's too difficult for them to do long distance. I would have preferred something like this.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I hate how they brought back Dean as bitter and such in S5 or whatever. I wish they would've cut that out and just had him come back with a mini life update.

Aww yay if Jared had stayed who knows how RD would've ended up <3

I am very far on S3 3.19 or so and I've loved it all. I didn't know we would still see a lot of Dean and have RJ have fights over him and such!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread