Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Yeah I don't think it means something, who knows
Old 11-21-2016, 07:42 PM
New Fan

My hopes!

So, here are my Gilmore Girls predictions re. Rory and her love life!

I think that at the start of 'A Year in the Life' Rory will be floating around the world, working, living a vagabond lifestyle (as suggested in trailer). I think she will still be in touch with Logan and having an on/off relationship with him. I don't think he will be treating her particularly well though and it will be a very casual set up between them. Neither of them being that committed or happy with it.

Then, for some reason, both she and Jess will return to Stars Hollow. Rory is clearly back in Stars Hollow for a period of time (remember Babbette's speech in the trailer?!) Maybe Jess just comes back to see Luke? Or perhaps he and Rory have been in touch on and off over the years and they arrange it? I don't know. Either way, they will both be back home and Rory will confide in Jess again (we have already seen part of her confiding scenes, from the trailer!) She will tell him about how she is feeling lost/unsure (like she did in season 6). This time though, Rory will start to realise that it is not just her job/lifestyle she is unsure of, but also that she has wasted too many years/too much energy on Logan! She will properly "fix" things this time and slowly start to choose Jess again!

Also . . . . In the recent trailer where Jess and Rory are hugging excitedly, Rory has a manuscript/paper in her hands. Maybe Jess gets her a book deal/a big article published (last time we saw him he was working in a book editing/publishing place?!)

I really think Dean will just be there for a very brief, moment of nostalgia! Perhaps he and Rory will bump into each other in the corn starch aisle, while shopping for thanksgiving or something (hence them both being home). I really don't think he will have a romantic angle at all. Him and Rory should firmly be left in the past!

Those are my predictions (hopes anyway!)

Thoughts?!
Old 11-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I agree Juliana -- that article is the least of my concerns

Yeah a lot of us are thinking along those lines. Let's hope. I really, really hope.

ETA:

Quote:
Rory and Dean and Jess and Logan …
Bookish, introverted Rory still managed to do her fair share of dating over the course of Gilmore Girls' seven seasons, with three major boyfriends: high-school sweetheart Dean (Supernatural's Jared Padalecki); brooding punk acolyte Jess (This Is Us' Milo Ventimiglia); and poor little rich boy Logan (The Good Wife's Matt Czuchry), whose proposal she rejected at the show's end. All three of her former loves will appear in the revival, though some will have bigger roles than others; Padalecki is apparently due to appear for only one scene, while Ventimiglia shows up in the trailer, as hunky and sarcastic as ever. Though it's unlikely that she ends up with one of them, it'll give fans more reason to argue over whether or not they're Team Jess or Team Logan. (Team Jess forever, of course.)
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...evival-w449485

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 11-21-2016 at 08:24 PM
Old 11-21-2016, 09:44 PM
New Fan

Compromises

To be honest, even if no romance happens again between them, I would be happy with just a more satisfying ending to their story.

E.G. Jess apologising to Rory for the silliness of his youth and abandoning her. Rory apologising to Jess for using him when she went to Philly. Then, the two of them becoming solid, firm friends. That would be better than nothing as far as scenes go!

Still HOPING for more though!
Old 11-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Extreme Fan

^^
Old 11-22-2016, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
at the couples board we can use any tags we want so head over there!!! Its a very poppin thread.
I don't think they're supposed to let you use tags there. My understanding was it should only be discussed in the spoilers thread on the spoilers board or on our limited spoilers thread here. But I guess the mods there don't know that maybe?
Old 11-22-2016, 01:37 AM
Passionate Fan

I really love how Netflix is going all out for GG!!

this scene is the sweetest
Old 11-22-2016, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

And it's almost time for a new thread already! Y'all speed through these fast!
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, love that they giffed the entire series

And yeah I wonder if we'll ever get a scene of Jess apologizing for leaving. That's not something I ever really thought about, but I think that would actually be really nice. To show even more so how he's grown.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I don't think they're supposed to let you use tags there. My understanding was it should only be discussed in the spoilers thread on the spoilers board or on our limited spoilers thread here. But I guess the mods there don't know that maybe?
Yeah you can talk about spoilers with tags there, everyone does
Old 11-22-2016, 09:22 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Gilmore-Mariano (View Post)
I think that at the start of 'A Year in the Life' Rory will be floating around the world, working, living a vagabond lifestyle (as suggested in trailer). I think she will still be in touch with Logan and having an on/off relationship with him. I don't think he will be treating her particularly well though and it will be a very casual set up between them. Neither of them being that committed or happy with it.

Then, for some reason, both she and Jess will return to Stars Hollow. Rory is clearly back in Stars Hollow for a period of time (remember Babbette's speech in the trailer?!) Maybe Jess just comes back to see Luke? Or perhaps he and Rory have been in touch on and off over the years and they arrange it? I don't know. Either way, they will both be back home and Rory will confide in Jess again (we have already seen part of her confiding scenes, from the trailer!) She will tell him about how she is feeling lost/unsure (like she did in season 6). This time though, Rory will start to realise that it is not just her job/lifestyle she is unsure of, but also that she has wasted too many years/too much energy on Logan! She will properly "fix" things this time and slowly start to choose Jess again!

Also . . . . In the recent trailer where Jess and Rory are hugging excitedly, Rory has a manuscript/paper in her hands. Maybe Jess gets her a book deal/a big article published (last time we saw him he was working in a book editing/publishing place?!)
Well, if
Spoiler:
, I think we can say this revival it's for sure ASP version of season 7 and maybe 8, with just something different due time passed and Ed/Richard death.

But Rory story line I think is closed to what the Palladinos have already plenned, especially when it comes to her love-life.

Spoiler:

But if so, yes: chances that she will "fix" everything are probably higher.
We left Jess asking her if she did it... her answer was everything but Logan.
So, if the story starts over where they've left it and Jess is in... it's a good sign.

I must add, I'm not so sure the problem with Logan will be him treating her not particularly well.
In my opinion, there's something we tend to miss about the events after The real Paul Anka episode.
Logan crash happened while or just after Rory was in Philly.
They meet again for the first time while he's in hospital and she feels... guilty.
She tells it's becouse she let him go to Costa Rica, but... was that the only and true reason? I doubt.

I've always had the feeling the crash and they meeting back in that way, was an accurate plot choise: they did not want Rory to have the chance to reexamine her inner feelings with a clear mind. To me, that was something they planned for the next season: they've planned a Rory "still" in love with Logan but - thanx to distance - allowed to be more focused on her true and deeper feelings and gradually giving up on him.

I've always felt that was the L/R arc ASP has in mind.

Of course something has to change becouse there's a 8 year gap now.
But I'm more incline to think we will see Rory consider herself almost like addicted to Logan. He's someone she cannot help but "like", but never really want to give up.
And of course she will be asking herself if that does mean she really loves him, instead.
Again it will be forshadowing Lorelai/Christopher relationship...

About Jess, I've said too much probably, but let me add just one thing.
I think you're totally right: Jess will be the one she will really tell how she feels. When she's talking to Lorelai she said "this is my time to be rootless" , she denies her condition with Babette, but with him she's admiting she's desperate.... Rory will speak openly and truly only to him.

Another good sign.

Last edited by lalt; 11-22-2016 at 09:34 AM
Old 11-22-2016, 09:49 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
I really love how Netflix is going all out for GG!!

this scene is the sweetest
And the hottest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)

And yeah I wonder if we'll ever get a scene of Jess apologizing for leaving. That's not something I ever really thought about, but I think that would actually be really nice. To show even more so how he's grown.
Yeah... also, a lot of people are still mad about the Keg!Max! occurences... if he apologized about that entire ending with the party and the leaving, it would be interesting. I bet he's not that person that gets up and leaves anymore as he probably worked up some issues.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cant wait.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

"Keep thinking what you're thinking!" I loved that scene!
Old 11-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
"Keep thinking what you're thinking!" I loved that scene!
Yasss. They were so into each other.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread