Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2016, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
They could still both have sex scene + open ending with hint about their future together.
Spoiler:
I'm thinking that there probably won't be any sex scene with Rory and Jess. Not saying i wouldn't like it, I'm just not sure where it would fit in from what we already know. Honestly, I will take even the slightest hint at a R/J ending right now - I've waited more than a decade for them to get back together!!!! Anything else and I will be devastated. Truly, devastated!
Old 11-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Please remember not to talk about spoilers and to not use spoiler tags in this thread. Only use the spoiler thread. And even there, we are using spoiler tags. Since it's a limited spoilers thread. Thanks!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up just to be disappointed. But I really want RJ as endgame. They deserve their second chance.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 11-21-2016, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

at the couples board we can use any tags we want so head over there!!! Its a very poppin thread.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:16 AM
Passionate Fan

4 more days! seriously can't wait. I wish we could get a kiss
Old 11-21-2016, 03:25 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
If we get our endgame, I believe RJ will be built up similarly to earlier seasons LL. Which, I'm ok with, I think ... ASP is better at writing buildups that actual relationships anyway ...
That is true about ASP... but Rory and Jess are different than Lorelai and Luke. These two were truly friends for years before they got romantic. Rory and Jess might be friends now as many years and Luke and Lorelai were before the show initially began, but it went backwards for them - they were friends at first but it was never truly platonic. Jess chased her and Rory fell for him. Then they got together, and broke up badly, and somehow managed to go back to bring friends. If they go back to being a couple just like that, naturally, it wouldn't feel realistic to me. Something has to happen there to shake them up enough so they'd go back together now, after so much time apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalt (View Post)
You're right. But I also like what Milo said a while ago: is Jess still team Rory?

Jess trying (again) to win her back will be repetitive and - honestly - unfair.
I'd like something in a middle ground.
I'd like to see him taking care of Rory, thinking she's an important person in his life, her doing the same and blablabla.
Despite so, he may be sceptical about her falling in love with him again.
We know he broke her heart, but she did it too.
He made a lot of mistakes but he said I love you. He asked for pardon, he said he has changed, later on he showed her he has really changed. It was not enough. I totally understand her and I don't even blame her in season 6, becouse timing in love is a huge thing. But now, he could not help but thinking she will never fall in love with him again.
So, yes... I'd love if this time around she's the one that uderstands her feelings (at some point) and makes the first move
I agree 100%. I think we all would be happy to see Rory make the first move. And as I said earlier, something has to happen to disrupt their platonic realtionshop. If I had to write this story, I think sleeping together could be a good plot point - a night of passion could be a result of them becoming so close as friends they regain that intimacy they once had and just jump in it. And the aftermath would probably force Rory tell Jess the complicated situation she's in, which would probably not be acceptable to him. He might not know of this side of Rory and I think it's important that he does, because he could tell her that she's toyed with him and his emotions enough and he's not willing to be a part of her game. He loves her, he's loved her for over a decade, and he's not willing to share her with anyone or just have a "casual thing".

That would put Rory in the position of having to prove herself to him and be the one to chase him this time. It could still end with an open ending of Rory sorting out her life and her and Jess make nice after their fight, enough for us to know where this could go.

I agree it probably won't happen, but I think it would be an interesting way to do it. Jess and Rory have to sort out their past and their expectations of each other on screen if there's any chance for them to have a future together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 Umbrellas (View Post)

My biggest wish Lit-wise is just to see them have a significant scene on that bridge though. I think I would be sufficiently happy with that even if the ending doesn't work out the way I want it to.
Yes please.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:22 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
I agree 100%. I think we all would be happy to see Rory make the first move. And as I said earlier, something has to happen to disrupt their platonic realtionshop. If I had to write this story, I think sleeping together could be a good plot point - a night of passion could be a result of them becoming so close as friends they regain that intimacy they once had and just jump in it. And the aftermath would probably force Rory tell Jess the complicated situation she's in, which would probably not be acceptable to him. He might not know of this side of Rory and I think it's important that he does, because he could tell her that she's toyed with him and his emotions enough and he's not willing to be a part of her game. He loves her, he's loved her for over a decade, and he's not willing to share her with anyone or just have a "casual thing".

That would put Rory in the position of having to prove herself to him and be the one to chase him this time. It could still end with an open ending of Rory sorting out her life and her and Jess make nice after their fight, enough for us to know where this could go.

I agree it probably won't happen, but I think it would be an interesting way to do it. Jess and Rory have to sort out their past and their expectations of each other on screen if there's any chance for them to have a future together.
Yes, but what if that discussion happens without having sex or while they're are still reconnecting as friends? If he says something like "I know you will never fall in love with me again", "I gave up on you a long time ago", etc.. that may still be the "conflict" to overcome you've talked about.
I mean, I can totally see Jess talking (or even yelling at her) just as a "friend" and while doing so adding some clues about his past and present feelings. He's a master when it comes to things of this sort.
That may happen while they're discussing their feelings for each other but also while they're talking about her love issues with another guy.
The things is, if she knows how he feels and later on she discovers her feelings for Jess are different from what she thought, the "conflict" is served and she will be in the position to have no choices but proving herself to him.

If so, there's still room for the sex scene we wish so badly to see. But it would be in the end, as a perfect icing on the cake.

That's why despite I also badly wish for a lake scene, if the "happy-ending" comes near the very last minutes, I can renounce for a scene forshadowing their first kiss... at Sookie and Jankons wedding.
We could have the whole package: a kiss under the trees, the sex scene later and/or the morning after.
Ok. I need noveber 25th comes... NOW.

Last edited by lalt; 11-21-2016 at 05:35 AM
Old 11-21-2016, 05:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That is true about ASP... but Rory and Jess are different than Lorelai and Luke. These two were truly friends for years before they got romantic. Rory and Jess might be friends now as many years and Luke and Lorelai were before the show initially began, but it went backwards for them - they were friends at first but it was never truly platonic. Jess chased her and Rory fell for him. Then they got together, and broke up badly, and somehow managed to go back to bring friends. If they go back to being a couple just like that, naturally, it wouldn't feel realistic to me. Something has to happen there to shake them up enough so they'd go back together now, after so much time apart.
agree about this!
IF they are endgame there has to be a MOMENT that shake them up ...

I think Jess won't make any move btw. My gut feeling is he has given up on Rory after S6, his body language in the trailer is very telling, she's the one grabbing him, all up in his space ...or maybe I'm reading too much in a .02 seconds clip idk

I just want this revival to drop!
whatever happens I'm sure we'll get good scenes
Old 11-21-2016, 06:05 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalt (View Post)
Yes, but what if that discussion happens without having sex or while they're are still reconnecting as friends? If he says something like "I know you will never fall in love with me again", "I gave up on you a long time ago", etc.. that may still be the "conflict" to overcome you've talked about.
I mean, I can totally see Jess talking (or even yelling at her) just as a "friend" and while doing so adding some clues about his past and present feelings. He's a master when it comes to things of this sort.
That may happen while they're discussing their feelings for each other but also while they're talking about her love issues with another guy.
The things is, if she knows how he feels and later on she discovers her feelings for Jess are different from what she thought, the "conflict" is served and she will be in the position to have no choices but proving herself to him.
That would be great, too. I just want them to have sex already. We deserve an intimate scene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
I think Jess won't make any move btw. My gut feeling is he has given up on Rory after S6, his body language in the trailer is very telling, she's the one grabbing him, all up in his space ...or maybe I'm reading too much in a .02 seconds clip idk
I do think it's very telling. He's not prepared for her to make this sort of contact. Maybe because they've just been in a fight or maybe because this is the first escalation in their friendship.

Like Cosmo said,

"Anyway, I'll be analysing this one second for the next five days. See you Friday."
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I do think it's very telling. He's not prepared for her to make this sort of contact. Maybe because they've just been in a fight or maybe because this is the first escalation in their friendship.

Like Cosmo said,

"Anyway, I'll be analysing this one second for the next five days. See you Friday."
I love this! so true! I've replayed that bit too many times ahah
Old 11-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Now that you've mentioned it - yeah, Jess seems so surprised by the sudden grabbing of coat (which is btw, very Rory ) wonder what happened in the last 9 years.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:28 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Now that you've mentioned it...
Now that you're all mentioning it... all in that half a second drives me mad.

I don't understand why they're all are dressed in different ways.
Luke in suit
Rory in pajama
Jess is just Jess in a whatever day of his life.

Rory squeals
Luke seams... satisfied? Like he's really enjoing what he sees.
Jess is surprised or uncomfortable? I can't understand.

Wish I fall asleep now and wake up on friday...
Now that I think about it...
I guess I'll be among the lucky ones.
Due the time zone in Europe, we should have to wait a little less I suppose....
Old 11-21-2016, 07:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I posted that at the Diner Men thread. Luke really seems really happy on what he's seeing.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

So much happening in this thread too!

I'm still not over this gif. God, new scenes with these two. I truly, truly hope we get significant scenes, with at least some hint of romance. Like a kiss...is this even a possibility? I don't know, but I want it. Or a dance or something. Even a hand grab or emotional hug. Something! We waited 9 years.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:37 AM
Passionate Fan

this is cute!!!

Aside from a kissing scene, I really wanted to see a Rory/Jess dance scene. Im still sad about the prom that never happened
Closed Thread   Post New Thread