Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hso (View Post)
Indeed! But I really think it could be a very good plot point considering what we know...

Spoiler:

A positive ending for them, even an open one, would be more interesting if it had a conflict to overcome. Not just sail through to Jess at the end of the show.
This is true.

Spoiler:
Old 11-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it will be good enough and I'll be very happy for it to happen but come on, they've gotta have sex and some point of the revival! It has to happen.
My prediction: The main focus of the revival will IMO be around relationships Lorelail/Emily and especially Lorelai/Rory. Emily and Lorelai are too hostile and they will have to become closer. on the other hand Rory will have to distance herself from Lorelai - they will find a new balance, but will be more independent from each other. Rory must find her own way. She has always done, what was expected from her (Lorelai, Logan's dad etc.).

Rory's ending will IMO be open, but there will be (strong) hint about future Jess/Rory relationship.

As for Rory's sex scene with Jess: it is definitively possible. But there are only 4 episodes and Rory will have a lot of drama with Lorelai, Logan and her job.
But we can still hope .
Old 11-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
My prediction: The main focus of the revival will IMO be around relationships Lorelail/Emily and especially Lorelai/Rory. Emily and Lorelai are too hostile and they will have to become closer. on the other hand Rory will have to distance herself from Lorelai - they will find a new balance, but will be more independent from each other. Rory must find her own way. She has always done, what was expected from her (Lorelai, Logan's dad etc.).

Rory's ending will IMO be open, but there will be (strong) hint about future Jess/Rory relationship.

As for Rory's sex scene with Jess: it is definitively possible. But there are only 4 episodes and Rory will have a lot of drama with Lorelai, Logan and her job.
But we can still hope .
Yeah, its going to be something along those lines I think. I think Jess will play a major part in getting Rory on the right path career wise and she will then see how much he cares about her and what a good fit they are. At least I hope it will be something like that. Emily's story is one that I am really excited to see. I've heard Kelly Bishop is fantastic in the revival but when wasn't she?
Old 11-20-2016, 01:22 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
But we can still hope .
It'll be really odd if they just sort of ended up together, even if it's an open ending, with build up that is simply platonic. It probably will happen that way because it's Amy but I just really wish for something more (hoping we actually get our open ending).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
This is true.

Spoiler:
I mean, we don't know if he knows she lost her virginity to a married Dean,
Spoiler:
. I think these are serious things he needs to be aware of and I think he should kind of know what he's getting into and put Rory in her place if they're (hopefully!) going to have a future together.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It'll be really odd if they just sort of ended up together, even if it's an open ending, with build up that is simply platonic. It probably will happen that way because it's Amy but I just really wish for something more (hoping we actually get our open ending).

I mean, we don't know if he knows she lost her virginity to a married Dean,
Spoiler:
. I think these are serious things he needs to be aware of and I think he should kind of know what he's getting into and put Rory in her place if they're (hopefully!) going to have a future together.
I think the whole Dean stuff will be washed over - water under the bridge, that sort of thing! But I think it may be assumed he knows? Its not like we ever saw that conversation with Logan. Her discussing Paul with him is perhaps more likely???? IDK, I think even if we do see her talk to him about that, after so many years, I think he may have to just let that one go.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Literati sex scene? If that happen, I think it's gonna be a miracle. A person can dream, right?
Old 11-20-2016, 01:47 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Literati sex scene? If that happen, I think it's gonna be a miracle. A person can dream, right?
Yes.

Quote:
I think the whole Dean stuff will be washed over - water under the bridge, that sort of thing! But I think it may be assumed he knows? Its not like we ever saw that conversation with Logan. Her discussing Paul with him is perhaps more likely???? IDK, I think even if we do see her talk to him about that, after so many years, I think he may have to just let that one go.
I don't know, I mean, you know... I want a happy Lit ending because I've been dreaming about it for YEARS. But I feel like Rory has changed so much. And she has cheating tendencies? I would like to see Jess confront her about it. Tell her he loves her but he's not willing to have his emotions played with. It would be far more interesting to me than just have them on a smooth sailing friendship that maybe ends with love.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It would be far more interesting to me than just have them on a smooth sailing friendship that maybe ends with love.
I honestly think this is the most likely scenario ...unfortunately, I'm fully convinced this revival will be her version of S7, so we'll probably have to put up with a lot of Logan anyway.

If we get our endgame, I believe RJ will be built up similarly to earlier seasons LL. Which, I'm ok with, I think ... ASP is better at writing buildups that actual relationships anyway ...
Old 11-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hey y'all. I don't have much time for these days, but I've really missed this thread the past couple of weeks. I love all the new stuff we've been getting lately, though it's starting to make me anxious again. And just when I'd made peace with the fact that the whole revival has been written and filmed and there's no point in obsessing about it anymore until we get to see it. So much for that.

Yeah, I don't know which I would prefer: RJ actually having a romantic storyline but then not ending up together, or getting a definitive answer about their future but not really getting to see the build-up to it. One of my favorite TV couples ever was never a couple on-screen during the run, but at the end of the series finale there was a hint that they ended up together. So even though we never even got to see them kiss, I was happy with that. It just seemed like the right note to end on. I guess I just answered my own question: I would probably prefer Rory and Jess as endgame even if all the action happens post-Fall. I mean, I was happy with just imagining that for 9 years anyway.

My biggest wish Lit-wise is just to see them have a significant scene on that bridge though. I think I would be sufficiently happy with that even if the ending doesn't work out the way I want it to.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 11-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I would probably prefer Rory and Jess as endgame even if all the action happens post-Fall.
same here!
I just NEED to know they're endgame, I don't really need anything else
Old 11-20-2016, 02:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I would like to see Jess confront her about it. Tell her he loves her but he's not willing to have his emotions played with. It would be far more interesting to me than just have them on a smooth sailing friendship that maybe ends with love.
You're right. But I also like what Milo said a while ago: is Jess still team Rory?

I'm quite sure there's going to be some Logan drama.
But I'm not 100% sure about what we can expect meanwhile with RJ.
A "friendship growing into something more" won't be so interesting, I agree.
But Jess trying (again) to win her back will be repetitive and - honestly - unfair.
I'd like something in a middle ground.
I'd like to see him taking care of Rory, thinking she's an important person in his life, her doing the same and blablabla.
Despite so, he may be sceptical about her falling in love with him again.
We know he broke her heart, but she did it too.
He made a lot of mistakes but he said I love you. He asked for pardon, he said he has changed, later on he showed her he has really changed. It was not enough. I totally understand her and I don't even blame her in season 6, becouse timing in love is a huge thing. But now, he could not help but thinking she will never fall in love with him again.
So, yes... I'd love if this time around she's the one that uderstands her feelings (at some point) and makes the first move
Old 11-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

I always liked that Jess had a spine when it came to Rory. I don't know to what extent we'll see them talk about things but I trust he wouldn't suddenly become a pushover when it comes to her. I never thought he put Rory on the same pedestal that everyone else seemed to have her on.

If RJ had been a constant on/off couple, I'd think an implied ending wouldn't be enough. But they've been apart long enough where I don't think one would feel like they're getting shortchanged. Whatever they get, I want it to feel natural. I'd rather a well paced implied ending than a rushed romance.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
I honestly think this is the most likely scenario ...unfortunately, I'm fully convinced this revival will be her version of S7, so we'll probably have to put up with a lot of Logan anyway.

If we get our endgame, I believe RJ will be built up similarly to earlier seasons LL. Which, I'm ok with, I think ... ASP is better at writing buildups that actual relationships anyway ...
There is some truth in this but it is always easier to build up tension than sustain interest in the aftermath.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
They could still both have sex scene + open ending with hint about their future together.
Spoiler:
Old 11-20-2016, 04:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
There is some truth in this but it is always easier to build up tension than sustain interest in the aftermath.
true!
I just think she's bad at writing realistic conflict, I'm talking mostly about LL here (2 whole seasons of drama for the sake of it is a bit too much), but it could also apply to RJ and RL ...

But whatever she throws our way in the revival I'll take it, as long as RJ are endgame
Closed Thread   Post New Thread