Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2016, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

I know but we were supposed to be given some backstory on Jess and we were given nothing.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-01-2016, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

All we know is Jess lived in SH for 6 months in the past 9 years. That could have been for any reason. I think they only put that in to show that their relationship is still very strong. And I liked that.

This is pretty powerful!

Quote:
It's difficult to see how series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino could create something as compelling as she did here in the wake of Richard's (Edward Herrmann) death, with Lorelai and Emily reaching a new place in their relationship and Lorelai finally marrying Luke. The series we know and love is effectively over with these developments.
The end.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

I do agree in regards to that but it's not over in terms of Rory.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Supreme Fan

‘Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life’: Amy Sherman-Palladino Interview | TVLine
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Gilmore Girls ending discussed by show creators | EW.com

Another interview. I like what she says about Jess.

I still want more answers
Old 12-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for sharing the links. I feel a little better knowing at least Lane's s7 pregnancy is not what Amy wanted. Not to crazy about the Rory part, though I like Rory not keeping the baby was acknowledged as a valid option.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the revival on Tuesday - the whole day. I enjoyed the fact that we got to see GG back again but some of the story lines were left to be desired.

I really enjoyed the CGI (maybe it was something else) where Rory was by herself in the house, and the earlier seasons super imposed where she was standing - IE, dining room, Richard's office. Super cool. It brought back memories of the good days.

I didn't like Lorelai's "wedding" dress... the whole thing felt like it was from a Tim Burton film.

I wish we had more Jess scenes with Rory. I'm Team Jess... too bad they weren't endgame.

For the most part, everyone still acted their character, which I loved. Still felt like GG episodes.

I love, love Kirk's pig, Petal. Super cute piggie.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the links

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t hedge coke (View Post)
He'd never visit Luke?

I just assumed he'd have visited Luke sometimes, during the last ten years.
Obviously he did, but he talked about living in Stars Hollow for 6 months, which I would like to know more about because I wouldn't expect Jess to do that at this point in his life, and we got no additional information about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Actually Jess he was temporarily back to help Liz and Tj with the cult thing and he seemed to only be back for the wedding not that he lived their forever
Yes, I think that was obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
So our assumption is that those 6 months were rather recent? Perhaps Spring (to Fall)?
I doubt it. I think it was pretty long ago. We would have seen him as a more integral part of the plot if he actually lived in SH.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the links.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Thanks for sharing the links. I feel a little better knowing at least Lane's s7 pregnancy is not what Amy wanted. Not to crazy about the Rory part, though I like Rory not keeping the baby was acknowledged as a valid option.
I honestly see Rory going with that route though, she's a mess and she doesn't really have maternal instincts. And pregnancy and "what was coming around the mountain" always freaked her out. Just because Lorelai chose to have her baby when she got pregnant at 16 doesn't mean Rory needs to follow the same path. Yes she'd be supported but ultimately it's still her decision and that could be a great story to tell. We need woman to exemplify that as a valid option for those who don't feel ready. Many, who grow up in great, loving families choose not to have kids themselves.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don't wanna start a debate. But maybe Rory should have used birth control then if she didn't wanna have a kid. And yes I know, it's not always 100% reliable. I just don't think that would be a good storyline. Especially because it would be interesting to see Lorelai as a grandmother. If there were more episodes and they choose to have Rory not keep the baby, that would turn me off of the show. I wouldn't wanna watch it anymore. Why have her get pregnant and for it to come full circle just to go that way. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure she was using birth control but the only way to avoid pregnancy is to avoid sex altogether. It's not her fault. Maybe they were using a condom and it broke. We really don't know the circumstances but I just don't like it when the finger gets pointed at the woman. Men can and need to take precautions as well.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I'm sure she was using birth control but the only way to avoid pregnancy is to avoid sex altogether. It's not her fault. Maybe they were using a condom and it broke. We really don't know the circumstances but I just don't like it when the finger gets pointed at the woman. Men can and need to take precautions as well.
Yes, that's true. I should have said 'they should have'. Because I agree the man should take precautions as well.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Yes, that's true. I should have said 'they should have'. Because I agree the man should take precautions as well.
Sorry, my feminism kind of took over there
Melissa | icon; Kita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread