Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I used to really hate Jess...but I always loved who he became in season 6. That led to me wanting to understand his character better, and I slowly started to love/understand who he was earlier...especially those little moments where Luke or Rory could break through to his true inner personality. But, I mean, that's just me. Everyone has different opinions. I never liked him (or anyone) just because they were popular. I didn't even really know he was popular, haha! (I mean, I like April and I know she's not popular, so...yeah)
jojoinpink54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand. I am glad for Lukes ski he became better but to much of the growth was offscreen. It's just not enough for me

Last edited by fox24; 04-30-2013 at 05:51 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Shanti70 - Thanks for (re)sharing yours! I agree with Lucy & Olivia, I wasn't a fan either.

Jojo - I feel the same as you about Jess. I couldn't stand him the first time around, then I rewatched the series & found a bit more to understand & respect about him & ended up liking him. I don't love his character, but I see the purpose & importance of Jess to those around him he loved (Luke & Rory).
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Shanti70 - Thanks for (re)sharing yours! I agree with Lucy & Olivia, I wasn't a fan either.

Jojo - I feel the same as you about Jess. I couldn't stand him the first time around, then I rewatched the series & found a bit more to understand & respect about him & ended up liking him. I don't love his character, but I see the purpose & importance of Jess to those around him he loved (Luke & Rory).
I didn't like Lucy or Olivia either...I was really confused about how they got into Yale . I mean, it was also concerning how some of Logan's friends got in, but I guess you knew it was cause they had the daddies with the purse strings...but Lucy and Olivia just struck me as like, what?! Sort of shallow. I don't see how Rory would be friends with people like that? I also hated who they turned Marty into in season 7...I had always liked him as a character and turning him into this creep, who two years later, still couldn't get over the magnificence of Rory Gilmore kind of bugged me, but whatever. I just always thought he was stronger than that. Sure, he liked Rory, but I think he was a cool enough dude to be able to move on.

Abou Jess...I didn't really love him either, at first, but then somehow tumblr managed to convince me haha. It's like a Jess-fest over there I've actually marveled at the fact he managed to be so normal with a deadbeat father and a mother who was on drugs/drunk basically all the time? Luke can work miracles, it seems
Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Lucy and Olivia weren't the kind of friends I'd imagine Rory would hang out with, but it worked I guess. I didn't hate them or dislike them, I just didn't care too much about them. But I get that they wanted Rory to have a bit more friends at Yale, than just Logan & Paris.

I do agree about Marty. Loved him in season 4 and 5, but his character was annoying in S7. I'm gay, and I even liked Rory, and her looks and all so I get it takes some time to get over her, but 2 freaking years? Lol.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually tumbler has some really good anti Jess and pro Logan stuff. I wish Jojo you were here when you hated we could have had some fun. I was indifferent to Olivia and Lucy and they had art and they didn't seem dumb. ivies to look at people with other interests they don't want the school crowded with valevictorians. As for Logans friends Colin seemed smart and Finn slept with a recruiter.So I don't think it was all money although it might have played since they did get kicked out of schools. I like S5 Marty as a friend, S7 Marty was a different bowl of wax.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ugh, I'm not EVEN gonna go there with Marty's character sabotage! He was the one I shipped Rory with, too bad the writers just wanted him as a friend. :/
Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Same here, Jen.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Same here, Jen.
You shipped Rory w/ Marty, too? Or were you agreeing with the way they treated his character? Either way, cool.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Ugh, I'm not EVEN gonna go there with Marty's character sabotage! He was the one I shipped Rory with, too bad the writers just wanted him as a friend. :/
I would have loved them as a couple aswell back in S5. Would have been better than the Dean debacle, or the meeting Logan part. But it was a typical case of being friendzoned in Marty's case. And honestly Rory treated him like dirt when she got serious with Logan.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She didn't treat him like dirt she was honest with him that she liked Logan she didn't lead him on. She just like Logan more and you can't choose who you like
Old 05-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
You shipped Rory w/ Marty, too? Or were you agreeing with the way they treated his character? Either way, cool.
My first choice for Rory was Jess. But if it couldn't be them, I wanted Rory and Marty. And I also hated what they did to his character.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
My first choice for Rory was Jess. But if it couldn't be them, I wanted Rory and Marty. And I also hated what they did to his character.
I'm the same way!! In fact, for awhile I think Marty was probably my favorite. Although the more I watch it, I don't know if I think if she and Marty quite have the sparks necessary to sustain a relationship but I did love their friendship and him as a character. I felt so bad for Marty when he got friendzoned though
Old 05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess if there was no Logan and only if Logan never came on the show and Tristan would never come again. RM could have been a couple I didn't ship but found sweet. Anybody but Jess is my motto.

I know psychology states we should have patience with kids like Jess, but he was such a brat and rude. Plus we didn't get much backstory
Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My thoughts exactly Actualy, I've been rewatching S4 and I really love her friendship with Marty...it's such a shame that they basically destroyed all of that in S7
Reply   Post New Thread